Reo voltage drop

kimbo

Flavor Junky
VIP
LV

Awards
For minimal voltage drop on painted or anodized Reo's (you will decrease voltage drop with minimum 2mV):

1. Remove negative spring,
2. Gently remove the paint or anodize on the square section that makes contact with the negative spring with a Dremel tool or sand paper.
3. Use a countersunk drill bit and gently remove paint or anodize in the tapered section of screw hole that secure the negative spring with Reo.

@johan i saw you post in another thread and i did see a vedio on this a wile ago, but for the life of me i cant find it,

question: If i remove the anodize do i polish the little are or do i just bare the metal?

@johan i saw you post in another thread and i did see a vedio on this a wile ago, but for the life of me i cant find it,

question: If i remove the anodize do i polish the little are or do i just bare the metal?

I just bare the metal where the spring base touches the body - no need to polish.

It is in the thread about things that should be in the REO manual. Funny I also read it again yesterday and plan on getting out the Dremmel today and do it

Oh my, see some hand slipping there. Why I prefer not to do it. One only need to clear the area beneath the spring square as far as I know. And where the screw goes in.
Yea :(

Lucky when the door is closed you cant see it :)

Edit: It seems like they drilled the screw hole after the anodized the Reo. there is no paint in there :)

I was under the impression that the screw connection is where it's at. So I remove that, and use a little 'nolax' on the threads.

via iphone

I was under the impression that the screw connection is where it's at. So I remove that, and use a little 'nolax' on the threads.

via iphone
I forgot about that little pot. I will add some now .. Tx :)

My wife is busy sorting out presents, so I decided to sort out Jane ;)
Even on the slowest speed, that Dremel can get away from you quite quickly. Doesn't hit the OCD button too badly:
43aa694c3a720057b4347da60821013c.jpg

da5b93d79fc40fc8f52ea1a89de2e8ae.jpg

My wife is busy sorting out presents, so I decided to sort out Jane ;)
Even on the slowest speed, that Dremel can get away from you quite quickly. Doesn't hit the OCD button too badly:
43aa694c3a720057b4347da60821013c.jpg

da5b93d79fc40fc8f52ea1a89de2e8ae.jpg
Appendix removed successfully!

I followed you but I used some masking tape to prevent me from making a mistake20141225_010621-1.jpg

I wonder why the modmaster doesnt do this modification on the Reos that need it - at the "factory"

I wonder why the modmaster doesnt do this modification on the Reos that need it - at the "factory"

Pure economics Silver, 1 extra step in production line comes at a cost and will bring an increase in the price.

Morning @johan
All the best for Christmas for you and your family.
Question: On a CPU the less air pockets you have for heat transfer the better, does it work the same with electrical conductivity?

That is why i asked should i polish the area?

Morning @johan
All the best for Christmas for you and your family.
Question: On a CPU the less air pockets you have for heat transfer the better, does it work the same with electrical conductivity?

That is why i asked should i polish the area?

Same to you and yours kimbo! Yes the same, but we don't draw serious current with a Reo and because its DC (direct current) and not high frequency pulse width modulated current nothing is really gained with polishing - you might gain an extra nano-volt when you polish the surface.

Back