Reuleaux DNA200 went wonky

zadiac

Sub Ohm & Flavor Junkie
Staff member
VIP
LV

Awards
So, looks like my DNA200 Rolo went completely wonky. Reports the batteries as half or empty when the RX200s says they're full. Both my chargers also report the batteries as full. The DNA200 also keeps saying "Check Atomizer" but my RX200s says atty is fine. So does the 521 Tab (although I don't trust that thing much).

I did a hard reset. Didn't work. Loaded firmware. Didn't work. Tried the "Recovery Charge" thing. Didn't work.

Is it time for the bin?

So, looks like my DNA200 Rolo went completely wonky. Reports the batteries as half or empty when the RX200s says they're full. Both my chargers also report the batteries as full. The DNA200 also keeps saying "Check Atomizer" but my RX200s says atty is fine. So does the 521 Tab (although I don't trust that thing much).

I did a hard reset. Didn't work. Loaded firmware. Didn't work. Tried the "Recovery Charge" thing. Didn't work.

Is it time for the bin?
More like time to clean out the 510, alcohol'd earbud... if you havent tried that already.

More like time to clean out the 510, alcohol'd earbud... if you havent tried that already.

No use cleaning that if the battery problem can't be fixed. Oh, forgot to mention. All my drippers do not give that same reading as the tank. So, not dirty 510.

what is the reading when you do a full charge on an external battery charger?

can you see in the escribe monitor whats the battery levels for each cell ?

No use cleaning that if the battery problem can't be fixed. Oh, forgot to mention. All my drippers do not give that same reading as the tank. So, not dirty 510.
True that, next step before the bin is to disassemble the circuit board and give it the alcohol toothbrush treatment.

True that, next step before the bin is to disassemble the circuit board and give it the alcohol toothbrush treatment.

Roger that. Will do that.

Is it time for the bin?

I often have problems with the batteries because the contacts on the battery sled are at different heights and the one bay (bay 2) doesn't get a proper connection without pushing down to make contact (I've even cut away some wrapping around the positive so it can make contact). Its been like that since day 1 (almost a year). It gets worse when the contacts get dirty and I have to polish them every few weeks.

I would suggest trying to polish up the contacts before you pull out the board

I often have problems with the batteries because the contacts on the battery sled are at different heights and the one bay (bay 2) doesn't get a proper connection without pushing down to make contact (I've even cut away some wrapping around the positive so it can make contact). Its been like that since day 1 (almost a year). It gets worse when the contacts get dirty and I have to polish them every few weeks.

I would suggest trying to polish up the contacts before you pull out the board

I clean the contacts of the mod and the batteries on a regular basis. It's not that. I'm sure.

@zadiac, I see the latest firmware upgrade for the DNA250 states that it resolves the loss of battery indicator on the mod. Possibly the same problem you encountered. Hope you did not bin that mod yet!

Regards

@zadiac, I see the latest firmware upgrade for the DNA250 states that it resolves the loss of battery indicator on the mod. Possibly the same problem you encountered. Hope you did not bin that mod yet!

Regards

Thank you for the post. Didn't know that. Will go have a look. Haven't bothered with the DNA since the problem started. Hopefully this will solve the issue because I really miss my DNA.

Edit: I see now that you said DNA250, but I have the DNA 200. Don't think it will work, but thanks anyway.

Thank you for the post. Didn't know that. Will go have a look. Haven't bothered with the DNA since the problem started. Hopefully this will solve the issue because I really miss my DNA.

Edit: I see now that you said DNA250, but I have the DNA 200. Don't think it will work, but thanks anyway.

Hoping it was the same for both boards. Please let us now if it worked.

Regards

Back