Reuleaux RX GEN3 Dual with Gnome King - Wismec

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Reuleaux RX GEN3 Dual with Gnome King from Wismec. The Reuleaux RX GEN3 Dual with Gnome King was sent for the purpose of this review by Angelia from Wismec.

http://www.wismec.com/product/reuleaux-rx-gen3-dual/

In the Box

Contents:

1x Reuleaux RX GEN3 Dual MOD
1x GNOME Atomizer (2ml/5.8ml)
2x WM01 Single 0.4ohm Head
1x Extra Glass Tube
1x QC USB Cable
2x User Manual
2x Warning Card
Spare Parts

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The tiny RX GEN3 Duel comes in the typical Wismec packaging and once opened i was met by a short compact device. The shape is very similar to the RX2 21700 with the main difference apart from being a lot smaller is the top and base at the front has been rounded out. This rounding out at the top only seems a small aesthetic change but it's the difference between only being able to fit a 26mm tank without overhang to now being able to fit up to a 30mm. The device has a black section on the back which also covers 33% of the sides giving the device a two colour look. The device also has a black base and front panel, the rest of the device is the colour of choice. I received the Brushed Gunmetal, it's also available in Gloss Black, Gloss Purple Brown, Gloss Purple Blue, Gradient White and Gloss Gold. The front panel has a round fire button central top with "Jay Bo" printed on, left and right buttons towards the bottom then central bottom the USB port. Both sides of the device has a vertical thin slit with venting grill to keep the chip cool, moving to the bottom we have the battery hatch door with venting and printed branding and safety stamps. The top of the device towards the rear has some barely visible etched on branding, towards the front we have a spring loaded 510. The overall build quality of the device is very good and there are no rattles whatsoever.

Gnome King Specs:

Size: 26mm x 57mm(5.8ml)/22mm x 57mm(2ml)
Capacity: 2ml/5.8ml
Coil: WM01 Single 0.4ohm Head
Thread: 510 thread
Powerful WM Coils for Huge Vapor and Optimal Flavor
Easy Retractable Top Filling Design and Adjustable Bottom Airflow
Colours: Gloss Black, Gloss Purple Brown, Gloss Purple Blue, Gradient White, Gloss Gold, Brush Gunmetal

The Gnome King Overview

I must say i like this tank a lot, i liked the original Gnome but in my opinion the Gnome King is an improvement. The only thing i can't understand is why Wismec kept the Gnome name as the King is a complete overhaul and apart from using the same WM coils it is a completely different tank, different dimensions, different capacity (standard version), larger airflow and completely different aesthetically as well as coming in various colours unlike the Gnome that is only available in black.

Assembling and filling

If you don't include the drip tip the Gnome King is just 3 sections. The base easily unscrews which then allows you to move the glass with no effort whatsoever from the top section and that's it. The top section has the retracting top for filling, juice slot ring and air pipe. The coil screws straight into the base, when screwing the base section back onto the tank the top of the coil screws on to the air pipe and now the tank is back complete again. to fill just push the top section and it slides open revealing a generous sized juice slot, once filled the top can be locked back into position.

Aesthetics

The Gnome King comes matching the colour of the device and main feature is the heavy textured top section which is shaped like a crown. The heavy texturing is a real feature and is also on the base section, the airflow is large duel cyclops with stopper which moves with just the right resistance. The glass is tinted and the colour of the tinted glass depends on which colour Gnome King you receive, despite the tinted glass the juice can still be easily seen. The drip tip is an honeycomb 810 with o-rings. The capacity of the standard version is an impressive 5.8mm.

Performance

The kit comes with 2 WM01 Single 0.4ohm Heads rated at 40-70w and best at 50-60w, Wismec has the rating bang on for me as i found the coil best at 55w and was impressed with both flavour and cloud.

Reuleaux RX GEN3 Dual Specs:

Size: 74 x 39.7 x 37.6mm
Output Wattage: 1-230W
Screen: 1.3-inch OLED
Cell Type: Dual high-rate 18650 cells (discharging current should be above 25A, not included)
Output Mode: VW/TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/TCR mode
Resistance Range: 0.05-1.5ohm for TC mode; 0.1-3.5ohm for VW mode
Temperature Range: 100-315°C/200-600°F (TC modes)
Maximum Charging Current: 2A
Maximum Output Current: 50A
Output Voltage Range: 0.5-9.0V
Thread: Stainless steel thread + spring-loaded 510 pin
Colours: Gloss Black, Gloss Purple Brown, Gloss Purple Blue, Gradient White, Gloss Gold, Brush Gunmetal

Using the RX GEN3 Duel

The batteries are fitted via the bottom battery hatch door, orientation is clearly marked and the door fastens very securely. The menu system is done very well and is very user friendly, the large screen and layout helps with this. Everything is done from one screen instead of going into sub-menus and when changing modes certain items change on the screen to select or alter making it very uncomplicated. To make it this simple items that most people are less likely to use are not present but can be accessed separately. To set your 3 TCR settings can be done by pressing the fire button and right button together when the device is off, once these are set they can be selected on the main menu. Also while the device is off pressing together the fire and left button shows you your batteries voltages. While the device is on pressing the power and right together takes you to where you can set an uploaded logo and pressing the right again takes you to where you can set your pre-heat. Fire and left sets your device to stealth mode and pressing left and right together locks the keys on your device. There are also other things that can be done by different amounts of fire clicks while the device is off including seeing the firmware version and flipping the screen. For those that have the RX GEN3 the menu system works exactly the same way.

Performance

I had no issues when using the RX GEN3 Duel, it performed very well. As well as using the Gnome King tank i also used the Berserker Mini at lower wattage's and the device was as quiet as a mouse. I found the fire button very responsive and there was no noticeable delay when firing. As already mentioned you can fit tanks up to 30mm without overhang which will be a big plus for some people. The battery life seemed what i would expect from a duel battery device and the RX GEN3 Duel is fully firmware upgradable.

Pros

Good build quality
Nice finish and selection of colours
Compact size
Fit up to 30mm no overhang
High Wattage
Good performance
Secure battery door
Simple user interface
Firmware upgradable
Temp Control
Standard capacity of Gnome King 5.8ml
WM01 heads good flavour
WM01 heads good cloud

Conclusion

A good performing compact high wattage device which comes with the impressive Gnome King tank.

I would once again like to thank Angelia for supplying the Reuleaux RX GEN3 Dual with Gnome King for the purpose of this review.

http://www.wismec.com/product/reuleaux-rx-gen3-dual/

Back