Rewicked Nautilus Mini

Dassie

cause it's friggin awesome!
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Ok, I know - pure noob joy, but I just rewicked my Nautilus Mini. Basically just to see if I could. Normal organic cotton. Coil is flimsy as hell (re-used stock coil) but she works! Excited about getting my Orchid (on order) to get into some actual coil building.

I think the Atlantis will be a lot easier to do, so that is next!

Well done, the mAN is not easy to recoil from what I have read.
Enjoy the Orchid.

Well done @Dassie ... vaping on your first rebuilt coil is pure joy :clap:

And now you've opened Pandora's Box (to find a coil inside :D)...welcome to the world of rebuildables - the "real" vape starts here ;-)

Well done @Dassie ... vaping on your first rebuilt coil is pure joy :clap:

And now you've opened Pandora's Box (to find a coil inside :D)...welcome to the world of rebuildables - the "real" vape starts here ;-)
You know it! Can't believe how engrossing all of this is. Just wish the wife understood the joy. At least she tolerates it :)

Well done @Dassie for your rebuild. Satisfying to vape on something you built yourself isn't it?

But alas as the saying goes... Pics or it didn't happen :rolleyes:

Well done @Dassie for your rebuild. Satisfying to vape on something you built yourself isn't it?

But alas as the saying goes... Pics or it didn't happen :rolleyes:
Ah, yes - was in the moment.. Next time it will be fully documented :). In the mean time I will puff away at my pretend coil, which would be very satisfying if it actually worked ;)

Interesting thing though - though it's the same coil, the vape is much warmer than before, would the wicking change the temperature of the vape?

Ah, yes - was in the moment.. Next time it will be fully documented :). In the mean time I will puff away at my pretend coil, which would be very satisfying if it actually worked ;)

Interesting thing though - though it's the same coil, the vape is much warmer than before, would the wicking change the temperature of the vape?

I can affect the heat, because you've altered the airflow by using a different material and/or packing it tighter/looser around the coil :D

Then again it might also be a placebo effect, and the heat is due to the pride you feel in making it yourself :--P

I can affect the heat, because you've altered the airflow by using a different material and/or packing it tighter/looser around the coil :D

Then again it might also be a placebo effect, and the heat is due to the pride you feel in making it yourself :--P
Ok. Yes, that makes sense, thanks. Picking up my Orchid later then I can start learning how all of this works for real.

Ok. Yes, that makes sense, thanks. Picking up my Orchid later then I can start learning how all of this works for real.

Experimentation is a whole lot of fun; even more so on a device meant for rebuilding.

Soon you'll need more devices since it's nice to have your favourite build on one device at all times and at least one or two others for building experiments (not all builds work great) - and then each device has a slightly different build deck...and it just gets crazy with WANT :D

You might even go over to the Dark Side (sub-ohming at crazy low resistance levels) :O

So much to play around with - and it keeps us from smoking, so it's good for you :rock:

I think this deserves a how to thread... ;)
Excellent! Will be doing it again soon, take some pics then :). In the mean time I just lost my coil building virginity.. And to a sexy little number at that! Comes to 0.6ohm and yummy as anything. Truth be told I had to do it twice - first time my coils were in different time zones but all good now.

20141214_174538.jpg

Experimentation is a whole lot of fun; even more so on a device meant for rebuilding.

Soon you'll need more devices since it's nice to have your favourite build on one device at all times and at least one or two others for building experiments (not all builds work great) - and then each device has a slightly different build deck...and it just gets crazy with WANT :D

You might even go over to the Dark Side (sub-ohming at crazy low resistance levels) :O

So much to play around with - and it keeps us from smoking, so it's good for you :rock:
Just did my first actual build. Bug's got me now :). Not pretty, but she works!

Excellent! Will be doing it again soon, take some pics then :). In the mean time I just lost my coil building virginity.. And to a sexy little number at that! Comes to 0.6ohm and yummy as anything. Truth be told I had to do it twice - first time my coils were in different time zones but all good now.

View attachment 17528

Dont worry it only hurts the first time ;)

Good looking coils you got there. I cant wait for my kit so I can start playing the Sub ohm game... soon... really soon

A question though those coils looks a little close to the platform. how much of a gap do you have there?

Dont worry it only hurts the first time ;)

Good looking coils you got there. I cant wait for my kit so I can start playing the Sub ohm game... soon... really soon
So worth it! Just want to build something else now! Maybe I'll make the Nautilus Mini a new one.. Hmm..

A question though those coils looks a little close to the platform. how much of a gap do you have there?
This might be.. They are about 1.5mm up. What should I aim for?

Awesome and then they also about inline with your air holes on the Topcap?

Awesome and then they also about inline with your air holes on the Topcap?
I think so. Holes are right underneath each coil. Still getting bad leaking though so something is not right yet. Have to Google a bit I think.

This might be.. They are about 1.5mm up. What should I aim for?

As a general guideline, the higher your coils are from the airhole the more the throat hit, and lower reduces throat hit - this is a bit of a generalization and it varies per device - again experimentation is the way :D

Just be aware that the amount of space for air around your coil affects the vape - now go experiment :-D

As a general guideline, the higher your coils are from the airhole the more the throat hit, and lower reduces throat hit - this is a bit of a generalization and it varies per device - again experimentation is the way :D

Just be aware that the amount of space for air around your coil affects the vape - now go experiment :-D
Nice info, thanks. I might build new ones every day till I hit a sweet spot :).

I think so. Holes are right underneath each coil. Still getting bad leaking though so something is not right yet. Have to Google a bit I think.

Most of the time, leaking is related to the wick, so start there. Also on some devices that rely on air pressure, leaks can occur due to incorrect filling or bad seals.

Nice info, thanks. I might build new ones every day till I hit a sweet spot :).

That's the spirit :rock:

Back