Room Fogger’s Reviews

FreeMax MAXPOD Kit – Summary/Overview

Disclaimer – The views expressed in this review are based on my own experiences while testing the products being reviewed. The product/s were supplied free of charge by FreeMax for review purposes and no remuneration or other incentive is received to do this review.

Overview
This review will focus on the FreeMax MAXPOD Kit consisting of the FreeMax MAXPOD battery device, and the refillable Pod with replaceable coils.
The link to the official FreeMax website is:
https://www.freemaxvape.com/
The link to the product on the official FreeMax website is:
https://www.freemaxvape.com/maxpod-kit/

The full review can be found here.

What’s in the box?:
upload_2020-6-7_13-10-10.png
(In this instance based on the 2 ml Pod tank capacity the contents of the Kit will be the same for both the Standard as well as the TPD compliant edition.)

The 6 colors available in the range:
upload_2020-6-7_13-11-13.png

Impressions and Opinion.
  • The Maxpod Kit is a small and lightweight system and weighs only 56.3 g (Approximately).
  • The NS mesh coils really perform well with the flavor being there from the word go.
  • The front layout has a color LED battery power indicator (White – 71–100%, Green – 31–70%, Red – 1- 31 %).
  • USB charging port on the side.
  • 550 mA built in battery.
  • Wattage output range of between 3W to 11 W, 3.3 V constant output.
  • The Pod system is draw activated only, and it is a really easy system to use.
  • The 2 ml capacity however means you will / may have to fill up more often.
  • The kit was supplied with 2 NS Mesh type coils:
  • 1.0 Ohm NS Mesh coil, (Best for 20mg - 30mg Nic salts, 3mg – 12mg Freebase Nic)
  • 1.5 Ohm NS Mesh coil, (Best for 30mg - 50mg Nic salts, 12mg – 24mg Freebase Nic)
  • Tested using a 70 VG / 30 PG NicSalt commercial juice based on the claim that it could handle it, and it did not disappoint.
  • The flat rounded profile of the built in drip tip proved to be very comfortable during use.
  • Coil change is Push / Pull and it clips in nicely, wicking is super-fast.
  • The pod is also easy to fill, just take it slowly, and not being too dark you can also see the juice level easy.
  • Battery life was as expected for a 550 mAh capacity.
  • Airflow was quiet, has a good restricted draw but not too tight, and a restricted DL vape was achievable.

The Verdict.

This little kit will be a great addition to any vape collection, both for a person transitioning to vaping where it will give a comparable draw and satisfy most cravings with a good e-liquid / NicSalts combination, and for the more experienced vapers looking for a pocket friendly small system that will still satisfy it will also be spot on. Combine the ease of use and good performance and it will keep the majority of users happy imho. The lanyard might also be quite useful if you are scared of the device falling out of a pocket while working or with other activities, as accidents do happen, or if you are like me and you keep on forgetting in which pocket you had it last.

A sincere thank you to FreeMax for supplying the FreeMax MaxPod Kit for review and for giving me the opportunity to do a review on it.
(Information, photos and specifications as obtained from the official FreeMax website on the Internet)

VOOPOO DRAG X and DRAG S ModPod Kits – Summary/Overview

Disclaimer – The views expressed in this review are based on my own experiences while testing the equipment being reviewed. The products were supplied free of charge by VOOPOO for review purposes and no remuneration or other incentive is received to do this review.

Overview
This review will focus on the VOOPOO Drag X ModPod Kit consisting of the Voopoo Drag X Device that uses a single 18650 battery, as well as he DRAG S Kit with a 2500 mAh built in battery, and the Refillable Pod System with PnP replaceable coils.

The link to the official VOOPOO website is:
https://www.voopoo.com/
The link to the products on the official VOOPOO website is:
https://www.voopoo.com/drag-series/drag-x.html
https://www.voopoo.com/drag-series/drag-s.html

What’s in the box ?:

upload_2020-6-22_16-43-39.png

The colors available in the range:
upload_2020-6-22_16-44-8.png

Impressions and Opinion.
I decided to combine the reviews as this is essentially the exact same device, just with a different battery option and negligible differences in functionality.
  • The DRAG ModPods are great devices imho and the first impression is of quality and durability and craftsmanship.
  • The styling is also unique in this segment of the market, ensuring a product that stands out.
  • With the adjustable wattage and correct coil most vapers should be able to find a spot where it will suit their taste.
  • With max power of 60 W for the S ModPod, and 80 W for the X ModPod, there is enough power to get a good cloud going from this.
  • You could use a MTL coil in this, but do not expect to have a tight MTL experience.
  • Both kits really performed well, and the adjustable airflow gives you a lot more options to customize your experience.
  • In my opinion it is more orientated towards the restricted DL to full DL segment of the market.
  • The 7 color schemes that both options come in also provides you with a decent choice to suit your individual taste and preference.
  • The DRAG X with the 18650 battery has a battery door on the bottom of the mod, and this allows for a quick battery change, and it clicks in place solidly when closing.
  • The polarity indicator is in red on the inside of the mod.
  • The difference in weight is also negligible with the DRAG X weighing in at 168 g and the DRAG S at 154 g on my scale.
  • Battery life was as expected based on the coil resistance, and the fact that the DRAG S has a 2500 mAh built in battery really made a difference.
  • A bonus on these is that they come with Type C charging ports, allowing for a faster charge time, and this dramatically cut down on charging time.
  • The pods used utilizes the same Pull and Push (PnP) system as the other Pod systems in the VOOPOO stable, ensuring very easy coil replacement.
  • Cross compatibility with the other coils available also give you a bigger select ion. This is feature that I am really liking more and more, great value for money.
  • Flavor was very good with all of the coil options, and should satisfy most tastes.
  • The operations are mostly the same as for the other VOOPOO systems.
  • The little airflow adjusting lever did get caught up in my pocket once or twice. I personally would have preferred something with a slightly wider and flatter profile.
  • The achievement function has no real use in my eyes, but is a bit of fun as well.
  • On the DRAG X you have to reset the clock every time you change the battery.
  • For best results it is advised that the Pod be kept filled over 1/3, just be careful not to burn the coil under this level.
  • A small bonus however on the DRAG S is the 4 small built in rubber pads on the bottom for stability and protection, but sadly this was omitted on the DRAG X, presumably because of the battery access hatch.

The Verdict.
Overall, what is not to like here, you get a power package that gives you a great vape experience, with great taste and ease of use, and great looks all in one. Both these gorgeous items are hopefully going to end up in my daily rotation for quite some time to come, and even my daily driver has been sitting on the shelf a bit more since these have arrived.

A sincere thank you to @VOOPOO for supplying the VOOPOO DRAG X ModPod Kit and DRAG S ModPod Kit for review and for giving me the opportunity to do a review on it.
(Information, photos and specifications as obtained from the official VOOPOO website on the Internet)

FreeMax AUTOPOD 50 Kit – Summary/Overview

Disclaimer – The views expressed in this review are based on my own experiences while testing the products being reviewed. The product/s were supplied free of charge by FreeMax for review purposes and no remuneration or other incentive is received to do this review.

Overview
This review will focus on the FreeMax AUTOPOD 50 Kit consisting of the FreeMax MAXPOD 2000 mAh built in battery battery device, and the refillable Pod with replaceable coils.

https://www.freemaxvape.com/autopod50-pod-mod-kit/

What’s in the box?:
upload_2020-8-23_18-59-30.png

(TPD edition comes fitted with the stipulated 2ml Pod tank.)
(In this instance the test kit provided did not include the protection case in the box received.)

upload_2020-8-23_18-59-57.png

Impressions and Opinion.
  • The kit is a comfortable sized and weight system.
  • Provides excellent performance and clouds and major flavor to boot.
  • The XS2 dual mesh coils and Tea Fiber Cotton really add to the flavor performance.
  • The front layout has a top placed power button, screen with relevant information and the adjustment buttons.
  • There is a USB charging port on the bottom, and yes, it’s a Type C port.
  • The 4 ml capacity seems adequate when you start out, but with the cloud production this is a reasonably heavy consumption setup.
  • The upside is flavor and cloud that is comparable with a normal RDA or RTA setup.
  • This is most definitely not a stealth setup, and will be great for someone who is looking for a Pod Type system without compromising on big cloud DL and flavor.
  • The pod is also easy to fill, just take it slowly, and not being too dark you can also see the juice level easy.
  • Battery Specifications: 2000 mA built in battery.
  • Battery life was as expected for a 2000 mAh capacity.
  • Wattage output range: 5 W to 50 W, 0.7 to 7.5 V.
  • Airflow was quiet enough and really smooth.
  • The adjustable airflow means you can have a very airy DL to a good restricted DL draw.

The Verdict.

This is a “little” kit that gives “BIG” performance, and any DL vaper will not go wrong if they get one of these for a run around. Combining the ease of use, quality and good performance. I think the added silicone protector sleeve will be a great option to keep it looking great for longer, and I wish I had one as it accidentally dropped from my pocket while exiting my car, a little chip but still going strong. Next mission is to find a compatible cover or make one, and some coils, and it will join the crew on a regular basis.

A sincere thank you to FreeMax for supplying the FreeMax AutoPod50 Kit for review and for giving me the opportunity to do a review on it.
(Information, photos and specifications as obtained from the official FreeMax website on the Internet)

Thanks for the reviews @Room Fogger
Adds a lot of value for those considering these devices!

FreeMax AUTOPOD 50 Kit – Summary/Overview

Overview
This review will focus on the FreeMax AUTOPOD 50 Kit consisting of the FreeMax MAXPOD 2000 mAh built in battery battery device, and the refillable Pod with replaceable coils.

https://www.freemaxvape.com/autopod50-pod-mod-kit/

What’s in the box?:
View attachment 205127

(TPD edition comes fitted with the stipulated 2ml Pod tank.)
(In this instance the test kit provided did not include the protection case in the box received.)

View attachment 205128

Impressions and Opinion.
  • The kit is a comfortable sized and weight system.
  • Provides excellent performance and clouds and major flavor to boot.
  • The XS2 dual mesh coils and Tea Fiber Cotton really add to the flavor performance.
  • The front layout has a top placed power button, screen with relevant information and the adjustment buttons.
  • There is a USB charging port on the bottom, and yes, it’s a Type C port.
  • The 4 ml capacity seems adequate when you start out, but with the cloud production this is a reasonably heavy consumption setup.
  • The upside is flavor and cloud that is comparable with a normal RDA or RTA setup.
  • This is most definitely not a stealth setup, and will be great for someone who is looking for a Pod Type system without compromising on big cloud DL and flavor.
  • Battery Specifications: 2000 mA built in battery.
  • Battery life was as expected for a 2000 mAh capacity.
  • Wattage output range: 5 W to 50 W, 0.7 to 7.5 V.
  • Airflow was quiet enough and really smooth.
  • The adjustable airflow means you can have a very airy DL to a good restricted DL draw.

The Verdict.

This is a “little” kit that gives “BIG” performance, and any DL vaper will not go wrong if they get one of these for a run around. Combining the ease of use, quality and good performance. I think the added silicone protector sleeve will be a great option to keep it looking great for longer, and I wish I had one as it accidentally dropped from my pocket while exiting my car, a little chip but still going strong. Next mission is to find a compatible cover or make one, and some coils, and it will join the crew on a regular basis.

A sincere thank you to FreeMax for supplying the FreeMax AutoPod50 Kit for review and for giving me the opportunity to do a review on it.
Nice review bro!

Back