RTA running at 120W!

SQL -Jazz Guitar-Vapa

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi All
I saw a post on another forum somewhere where this guy says he's comfortably running his RTA at 120W with no dry hits at all, I think i remember him saying it's an Aromamizer, I can't seem to find the post now but.......
  1. Is this really even possible or was this guy just blowing smoke.....
  2. Why would anyone want to? I find my Crius excels at around 40W

Hi All
I saw a post on another forum somewhere where this guy says he's comfortably running his RTA at 120W with no dry hits at all, I think i remember him saying it's an Aromamizer, I can't seem to find the post now but.......
For arguments sake a friend and I ran his IJoy Tornado at 120W on my IStick TC100W upgraded do 120W. We killed a 5ml tank in under 10mins, but yes it is possible without any dry hits. I personally don't see the benefit though, it was a good vape, not quite as warm as I expected but I can see why someone would do that. Suppose it depends on what you like.

For arguments sake a friend and I ran his IJoy Tornado at 120W on my IStick TC100W upgraded do 120W. We killed a 5ml tank in under 10mins, but yes it is possible without any dry hits. I personally don't see the benefit though, it was a good vape, not quite as warm as I expected but I can see why someone would do that. Suppose it depends on what you like.

Thanks
Maybe my wicking needs more work then because once I start hitting 60W+, it starts to get a bit dodgy.

Definitely possible bud, also don't see the appeal but it's also all very dependant on build etc.

Hi All
Running on my smok tfv4 mini dual build at 135 comfortable but juice goes out in like 5 pulls

I rock my TFV4 constantly at 85W and my RDTA at 95W-105W.
Both work well with no dry hits while I must say that I found the TFV4 is a bit better WRT wicking speed.

Vape wise, its a different type of vape at the higher watts but also enjoyable. Definitely not a desk vape, got by 45W goblin mini for that.

I vape my Tornado permanently at 70W. Awesome vape!

I run my Wotofo Serpent on max 70 watts for a nice warm Vape....any higher you get clapped with dry hits

Running on my smok tfv4 mini dual build at 135 comfortable but juice goes out in like 5 pulls

Same here, and it's not really hot all the way up to 100w on the Smok, just a serious juice killer :)

Thanks all
I'm happy running the Crius at around 40W at the moment. Good clouds and flavour.
I do however wanna revisit my wicking though to see what all this high wattage RTA vaping is all about.

Pleasure bud, Really comes down to massive clouds and some people just generally enjoy a warmer vape.

I know on the TFV4 I can polish a tank in a under 15 pulls on one vape break at work easy :lipssealed:

Same here, and it's not really hot all the way up to 100w on the Smok, just a serious juice killer :)
There's no way you can Vape so high. But I noticed on Claptons I can push it to around 150-180 at around. 2 ohms but flavor on the other hand... And no dry hits as long as wicking is good. Buy after the tank. I would say rather re wick

My Goblin Mini 0.4ohm hitting @ 76w but any more then I get a dry hit.
Could be possible.
But yea. How

Jassis.....I'm really considering trying out juice making because the Crius has really made a dent in my consumption, even just at 40W.

This happens. I started off a bottle of 30ml used to last me almost a week. Now I kill at least 100ml a week, I DIY now though so not so expensive anymore. I still try out many local juices every now and then though.

This happens. I started off a bottle of 30ml used to last me almost a week. Now I kill at least 100ml a week, I DIY now though so not so expensive anymore. I still try out many local juices every now and then though.
Thanks
There's so many local juices that I like but if I continue on this path, I'm gonna have to incorporate some DIY.

A dual 10-wrap 3mm clapton build on a Griffin can hit 200w easily, with no dry hits in sight and flavour for days, son.... but it's a really hot vape.

A dual 10-wrap 3mm clapton build on a Griffin can hit 200w easily, with no dry hits in sight and flavour for days, son.... but it's a really hot vape.
Thanks
Does Clapton allow for higher wattages because of its longer ramp up time?
Wait, will 10wraps even fit in a Griffin?

The max I did with my crius was 74.3W that was by accident for few min or so.I use mine at 60-65w 2.5mm 24g ss 0.25ohm no dry hits and juice channels are wide open.

I've pushed my old Billow v2 to 110W on a basic 2.5mm Kanthal build, fantastic vape with no dry hits but quite warm and juice mileage goes through the roof. My comfort zone is around 40W for daily vaping.

There's no way you can Vape so high. But I noticed on Claptons I can push it to around 150-180 at around. 2 ohms but flavor on the other hand... And no dry hits as long as wicking is good. Buy after the tank. I would say rather re wick

On the pre-built tri/quad coil... easy peasy, Im not talking my builds

Back