Russian 91%

@Riaz on a side note, Checkers has these awesome blow torches for R60-R80 bucks at the cigs stand! Works with normal light gas and its been great!

@Riaz on a side note, Checkers has these awesome blow torches for R60-R80 bucks at the cigs stand! Works with normal light gas and its been great!

yussis and i was in checkers over the weekend

ill have to make a way to get there again soon

thanks @Hein510

i was doing like 7/8 wraps on a 1.5mm bit, trying to squeeze them as close together as possible.

that was an epic fail

Has anyone pulled a Russian 91% Tobeco apart? I have a loose post (the thicker one with bottom insulator {positive?}) and it is wreaking some havoc with ohm fluctuations, I'm sure volt / watt delivery as well. How can I tighten this bugger up, the coil screw doesn't seem to have anything to do with it. As it stands I won't be able to use this on a mech, as there is a shorting risk.

Help?

Regards,
F
Tighten the screw at the very bottom of the Russian at the connection. It threads up in the juice hole. Be careful, easy to break if you overtighten.

guys, i need help asap please.

i wanted to be brave and try this filling from the top thing.

i kept my finger on the airhole as i removed the top cap, filled and then closed again.

im getting heavy gurgling and now the juice is p!ssing out of the airhole and air control screw.

what did i do wrong?

how can i fix it? (without loosing all my juice)

i did do the 'hold the tank with the air hole facing downwards and blow' but its still gurgling and juice coming out of air hole.

Sounds like there is juice in the center pin, just below the coil. Try blowing a tiny amount through the drip tip, it may push the juice down the pin to the airhole, and then you can "sneeze" it out.

Also, check the cavity just below the driptip. Sometimes that gets a little juice or condensation in it.

I keep a blunt needle and syringe at home for extracting juice when things like this happen.

Stay at it with the top fill method, it does work but is unreliable

guys, i need help asap please.

i wanted to be brave and try this filling from the top thing.

i kept my finger on the airhole as i removed the top cap, filled and then closed again.

im getting heavy gurgling and now the juice is p!ssing out of the airhole and air control screw.

what did i do wrong?

how can i fix it? (without loosing all my juice)
not sure on the fix while it is full but when filling as you have described, once you have closed the top again flip the russian over before releasing your finger from the air hole. This works on the kayfun. I haven't had a single leak since I started using this method.

not sure on the fix while it is full but when filling as you have described, once you have closed the top again flip the russian over before releasing your finger from the air hole. This works on the kayfun. I haven't had a single leak since I started using this method.
ahhh

i didnt do that

thanks @thekeeperza

does anyone else have this problem:

when the russian stands for a little bit (like 2 minutes) and i pick to vape, i get a gurgle on the first pull.

i normally just pull a small puff, then after that she hit like a train and doesnt gurgle at all.

what causes that initial gurgle?

how can it be eliminated?

does anyone else have this problem:

when the russian stands for a little bit (like 2 minutes) and i pick to vape, i get a gurgle on the first pull.

i normally just pull a small puff, then after that she hit like a train and doesnt gurgle at all.

what causes that initial gurgle?

how can it be eliminated?
Are you topping up or filling from empty?

With my aqua I use to get that but what I do is fill it, then screw the top cap on just enough so that the top cap doesnt come off, turn it upside down then tighten, I do all this while the air holes are closed, keep it upside down for about 30secs then open the air holes with it still upside down for a further 30secs, then fire it while upside down for a second then turn it over.

Hope that helps.

Are you topping up or filling from empty?

With my aqua I use to get that but what I do is fill it, then screw the top cap on just enough so that the top cap doesnt come off, turn it upside down then tighten, I do all this while the air holes are closed, keep it upside down for about 30secs then open the air holes with it still upside down for a further 30secs, then fire it while upside down for a second then turn it over.

Hope that helps.
i fill mine from the bottom screw though

so i unscrew it from the mech, turn upside down, unscrew and fill

at which point should i do what you suggested?

I wouldnt fill it from the bottom when topping up because of the air pressure that already exists in the tank.

If you are filling from empty then filling from the bottom is fine.

In both cases the method I described above should work.

my tank is full at the moment

how can i fix it now? just unscrew the top cap? (and ofcourse hold the air hole closed)

my tank is full at the moment

how can i fix it now? just unscrew the top cap? (and ofcourse hold the air hole closed)
Yeah, close the air hole tight, open the top cap for 30secs, then follow the method above.. should help

Back