RX300 Faulty Fire Button [RESOLVED]

thaabit

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Afternoon
I purchased a new RX300 mod from VapeClub on Monday 13th Febraury which arrived the next day on the 14th, which was brilliant. After opening device I noticed the fire button was stuck and would not click. I tried wiggling it around and it eventually "popped" out an worked. I screwed on a mod and all was fine, I then tried a another tank and as I screwed it on it automatically fired. It was at that time I decided to return device as it is clearly faulty. As I packed the manuals and all other package contents back in the box I noticed some of the brushed metal work were worn off and started to give a shine, almost as if it was used or handled for an extended period of time. I thought to myself they will probably swap it out for a new 1 as any reputable seller would do. So i proceeded to send my request for collection. Courier arrived at my place of work on Wednesday. Thereafter it all went downhill, after several calls and emails I received about 3 in return and zero call backs.

Today Monday the 20th I have been informed that no problems have been found with fire button and the rubbed off metal is just part of a manufacturing defect as it is so tiny and minuscule it has nothing to do with them. The lady then explained that she has been using for the device and it is nice and clicky, but jeez one one in their right mind will accept something like. A wonky fire button with 300watts on tap and botched metal work. NO THANKS......

If no problem is found not only will they not replace/refund unit they will also be charging me the courier fee to get it back. I find this highly unacceptable and highly frustrating as I am left without any device to use.

Speak about Monday blues...............

Sad to hear about your experience, hope they sort it out for you.

Did you literally just create a profile and introduce yourself to post this?
Yes, I will not dispute that. I also do not feel I need to justify my reasons. Been browsing this site for a while as there are many informative topics which are discussed. i.e. Building and mixing you DIY juice.
You can dislike my post all you like, fact is many people join up for many different reasons. And this crappy services experience is mine, and I will remain a member and share many things on this platform
Cheers

Afternoon
I purchased a new RX300 mod from VapeClub on Monday 13th Febraury which arrived the next day on the 14th, which was brilliant. After opening device I noticed the fire button was stuck and would not click. I tried wiggling it around and it eventually "popped" out an worked. I screwed on a mod and all was fine, I then tried a another tank and as I screwed it on it automatically fired. It was at that time I decided to return device as it is clearly faulty. As I packed the manuals and all other package contents back in the box I noticed some of the brushed metal work were worn off and started to give a shine, almost as if it was used or handled for an extended period of time. I thought to myself they will probably swap it out for a new 1 as any reputable seller would do. So i proceeded to send my request for collection. Courier arrived at my place of work on Wednesday. Thereafter it all went downhill, after several calls and emails I received about 3 in return and zero call backs.

Today Monday the 20th I have been informed that no problems have been found with fire button and the rubbed off metal is just part of a manufacturing defect as it is so tiny and minuscule it has nothing to do with them. The lady then explained that she has been using for the device and it is nice and clicky, but jeez one one in their right mind will accept something like. A wonky fire button with 300watts on tap and botched metal work. NO THANKS......

If no problem is found not only will they not replace/refund unit they will also be charging me the courier fee to get it back. I find this highly unacceptable and highly frustrating as I am left without any device to use.

Speak about Monday blues...............

There is something called the CPA. This vapeclub have no choice but to swap it out within 7 days after purchase. You did notify them of the fault within 7 days correct?

Clearly a faulty device.

Yes, I will not dispute that. I also do not feel I need to justify my reasons. Been browsing this site for a while as there are many informative topics which are discussed. i.e. Building and mixing you DIY juice.
You can dislike my post all you like, fact is many people join up for many different reasons. And this crappy services experience is mine, and I will remain a member and share many things on this platform
Cheers

Name and shame pal.

Cheers

You did the right thing bud, there is no rules as to when or under what circumstances anyone can create a profile and complain.

Did you literally just create a profile and introduce yourself to post this?
I don't see how that is a problem for he's reason to join this Forum. I can Guarantee you that 95% of the forum members registered here because of a need or problem and requires assistance. He at least introduced himself before posting this thread, unlike many other new people that join and dont bother introducing themselves.

Either way I didn't really want to be "that guy" but alas.
I really hope VapeClub just replaces my mod, I don't want my money back as I bought it for many reasons, and getting my money back a week later is not one of them.
Anyone on here have any personal experience with the RX300?

I don't see how that is a problem for he's reason to join this Forum. I can Guarantee you that 95% of the forum members registered here because of a need or problem and requires assistance. He at least introduced himself before posting this thread, unlike many other new people that join and dont bother introducing themselves.
Who said it's a problem?

Ps. Was the unit sealed when you received it?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Who said it's a problem?

Oh sorry My bad, then I'm misunderstanding your dislike on the original post then.

Who said it's a problem?

Package was sealed, but what happens in the case of the seller as they saying the problem doesn't exist as far as they can tell? Except for the rubbing marks which they acknowledge but it's deemed insignificant and does not warrant an exchange as it's superficial

@thaabit is a work colleague, he asked me where he might be able to log a complain regarding hes device, I referred him to the eciggsa forum as I have been here for some time, that is the story.

@thaabit is a work colleague, he asked me where he might be able to log a complain regarding hes device, I referred him to the eciggsa forum as I have been here for some time, that is the story.
Sup migs, VapeClub giving me hassles buddy.

Mr. Abrahams/@thaabit

There are two issues to be considered here.
1. A faulty fire button on the mod, possible auto fire.

This is of some concern since a possible auto fire condition on any product we retail is a serious matter to us and hence the request to you for some time to test the unit properly. VapeClub has in the past, for similar conditions, done complete product line recalls (including unaffected units) and informed and refunded all our clients. I refer to the IPV6/IPV400 products as the most recent example.

After now having extensively tested the mod, I can confirm that:
The fire button is working as expected. Its tactile feel is exactly the same as other units from the range. It may be the that the button 'cap' was incorrectly seated in assembly but that situation seemed to have rectified by yourself before returning the mod.

2. A defect in the finish of the mod.

The defect referred to are a few small 'bold spots' on the brushed stainless finish on the mod on one of the corners of the mod. Here I point out that you arranged for return of the item on the 14th, but by your own admission, only noticed this the next day, just before collection. It is my personal opinion that this specific imperfection is not grounds for return in and of itself and am rather confident that any retailer will tell you the same.

I understand that we live in a world where, for the better part, everyone has to fight for their rights. Sad but true. It is my belief however that you have from the outset decided that we will do whatever is possible to renege on our obligations to you, our client. With this viewpoint you already decided that we will not honour the product warranty even though, up until this point, all we have done is explain the return process and refund/exchange policy to you. At no point was a final decision communicated to you.

At 13:48 you did however post the following comment on HelloPeter "Refuse to swop out faulty device". I state again that no such refusal had been made.

Given your actions and approach to this I would now recommend we terminate our commercial relationship. Please e-mail us your bank details so that a refund can be processed.

I have also instructed that the mod in question be left on our sales counter as demonstration unit. I am sure it will make an interesting conversation point...

@VapeGrrl & @JakesSA , I think us as consumers and more specifically myself find it easier to point fingers when things are not going my way.
Today I wish to apologies to VapeClub, it's stakeholders and the members of this forum for making blanket statements of none service delivery.
I was more afraid that I would get the short end of this stick and get stuck with a device that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.
Either way I've decided to possibly remedy the situation than to burn bridges. VapeClub has been nothing but courteous and responded in a timely manner.

Regards

@VapeGrrl & @JakesSA , I think us as consumers and more specifically myself find it easier to point fingers when things are not going my way.
Today I wish to apologies to VapeClub, it's stakeholders and the members of this forum for making blanket statements of none service delivery.
I was more afraid that I would get the short end of this stick and get stuck with a device that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.
Either way I've decided to possibly remedy the situation than to burn bridges. VapeClub has been nothing but courteous and responded in a timely manner.

Regards

I think you should change you hellopeter rating ;)

I feel like I'm in a court of law reading all this professionalism. Unfortunately @thaabit we all have to accept the consequences to our actions no matter what they are. I've worked with Vapeclub and they have always been supportive and willing to help. I always go to them first and I've never had a problem. If anything they have gone out of their way and gone beyond what is expected of Vapeclub. I've worked with other bigger shops and received unacceptable reactions. Sometimes we act in haste and don't think it through, but I do understand that you where frustrated, maybe you couldve handled it in a different way. @VapeGrrl and @JakesSA I ask you guys to please reconsider your position, I think everyone deserves a second chance, we are all here for a common goal, and a awesome hobby, vape on guys

Regards
Thank you, I am glad to say this has been amicably resolved.

@thaabit would you be so kind as to edit the thread title to show this has been sorted out?

Back