I Am Done With Caliburns.

ace_d_house_cat

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
I've always advocated for Caliburn devices - I found them to have so much flavour, such great batteries (and charging speeds) and coils that I could find anywhere. They were leaky but I don't mind pulling a pod out and wiping it off with a tissue every few tanks.

On last year's December vacation I however have had my 4th Caliburn device fail on me in the same way others did - pin failure. The contact pin springs give up and no longer make contact with pod. I would have forgiven them if it were related to a single device but this has happened (to friends also) on a Caliburn G Koko Prime, G2, a Tenet and most recently my Ironfist.
Being on holiday without any backup, the sale of vaping goods is banned here so I was left stranded.

I have a Tenet left which I will use with the surplus of coils I have leftover but as soon as they're done it's getting replaced with a Xros Nano (or similar).

Has this happened to anyone else?

I've always advocated for Caliburn devices - I found them to have so much flavour, such great batteries (and charging speeds) and coils that I could find anywhere. They were leaky but I don't mind pulling a pod out and wiping it off with a tissue every few tanks.

On last year's December vacation I however have had my 4th Caliburn device fail on me in the same way others did - pin failure. The contact pin springs give up and no longer make contact with pod. I would have forgiven them if it were related to a single device but this has happened (to friends also) on a Caliburn G Koko Prime, G2, a Tenet and most recently my Ironfist.
Being on holiday without any backup, the sale of vaping goods is banned here so I was left stranded.

I have a Tenet left which I will use with the surplus of coils I have leftover but as soon as they're done it's getting replaced with a Xros Nano (or similar).

Ive had this happen to my Vuse devices as well...

Im honestly trying to stay faaaar away from pod systems. a nice MTL is doing the trick for me.

Had this happen to 2 of my g2s, switched to a Xros 3 and couldn’t be happier

17048060282612721814737567345511.jpg
Never had an issue with any of these that I even went out to look for a replacement Miso C after mine got stolen. Not sure where I'll get pods and coils from but I can rebuild it. I just need time to do it.
Fell from 10+M high magnets popped out and I had to panel beat the opening and it's now friction fit. 17048062488136428215957804893385.jpg it still works.17048064198406444689557793641467.jpg

Go for Oxva - it's a real work-horse!

Ive had this happen to my Vuse devices as well...

Im honestly trying to stay faaaar away from pod systems. a nice MTL is doing the trick for me.
I've been using pods for about 6 years now Everyday. I can honestly back these two brands. If it died then I killed it, not because the device failed on me.

Hey!

I totally get your frustration with the Caliburn devices. It's unfortunate when a reliable go-to starts showing consistent issues. The pin failure problem seems to be a recurring issue for some users, and your experience highlights the importance of having a reliable device, especially during travel.

I went through a similar phase with the Caliburn and had issues with flavor as well. Recently, I switched to the OXVA Xlim and Vaporesso XRos Mini, and I must say, the flavor difference is like night and day. Both devices deliver a much richer flavor profile compared to my previous Caliburn experience.

It's great that you have a Tenet as a backup, and it's always a good idea to have reliable alternatives. Considering the issues you've faced, trying out a Xros Nano or a similar device might bring you the flavor satisfaction and reliability you're looking for.

As for the pin failure, it seems to be a shared concern among some users. Have you considered reaching out to the manufacturer's customer support regarding the recurring issue? Sometimes they might offer insights or solutions to common problems.

Safe vaping, and I hope your next device brings you the satisfaction you deserve!

Thanks for all the suggestions all.

Unfortunately I don't have the will and time to go through a whole warranty/customer satisfaction/complain process with Uwell that may or may not account to anything. I will at this point cut my losses and move on.

I will definitely grab a few OXVA Xlim and Xros Nanos soon as replacement devices (as soon as I'm back in SA) and see how it goes!

found something interesting recently.

I make my own Dr Pepper flavour that I give to friends and co workers for a small fee. but you cant smoke only one flavour. so I usually have a disposable to balance out.
I gave a friend my Xros Mini and some Dr Pepper.
then I decided to buy myself the Vapresso Eco nano instead of disposables. I find the draw on that is much better than on the Xros Mini. friend agreed and bought herself one as well as the same Brutal berry apple Juice.

my Dr Pepper Nic salt tastes 100% different in the Xros and the Eco nano.
in the Xros it tastes like Dr pepper. same as it tastes in the Nord 5 (I make freebase as well) or in my Geekvape Aegis L200 with a Zeus tank.
in the Eco nano it tastes completely different. more caramel flavor nothing else comes though.

I still love the Eco nano and its perfect as a second device for pallet cleansing but it is interesting that it changes like that in two devices that are so similar.

Back