Shaun's Guide to Battery Safety

Hey @shaunnadan, thanks for excellent post. Mate, please excuse my ignorance here, but you seem to be the best guy to turn to with queries on batteries. I got myself a 4 bay charger yesterday, can charge at 0.25, 0.5, 1.0 and 2.0. Am running 3 x HG 2 and a 25R. Am I correct in thinking 1.0 is best charge on these batteries? Thank you

Quick and short is that the slower the batteries charge, the longer they will last. In theory.
The faster you charge the batteries the less their lifespan will be.

That being said, I still charge at 1 amp.
I drop too 500mA when I charge overnight.

I would suggest you try not use the 1 amp unless you are in a hurry.

I have vaping at 120w on my Rx200s with the LG chocolates. Is this safe?

I have vaping at 120w on my Rx200s with the LG chocolates. Is this safe?

For a regulated mod, you take the wattage and it divide it by the batteries voltage to get the amp draw. For this you use the minimum voltage you expect to get to on the battery, so that you know that you are safe from using that battery when its fully charged down to when it's "empty".

I like to stop using my batteries when they hit the 3.4 v mark, so ((120 watts / 3)/3.4 v) = 11. 76 amp draw on each battery, LGs are rated for a CDR of 20 a, you're fine (assuming that the batteries are 100% healthy). Even if you used the batteries down to 3.2 v you'll be ok with a 12 a CDR. I used 3 here because the rolo has 3 in series, if the mod was a 2 bat mod you'd just substitute the 3 with 2, so ((120 watts/2)/3.4 v) = 17 a, still a safe draw for LG's but approaching the red line.

For a regulated mod, you take the wattage and it divide it by the batteries voltage to get the amp draw. For this you use the minimum voltage you expect to get to on the battery, so that you know that you are safe from using that battery when its fully charged down to when it's "empty".

I like to stop using my batteries when they hit the 3.4 v mark, so ((120 watts / 3)/3.4 v) = 11. 76 amp draw on each battery, LGs are rated for a CDR of 20 a, you're fine (assuming that the batteries are 100% healthy). Even if you used the batteries down to 3.2 v you'll be ok with a 12 a CDR. I used 3 here because the rolo has 3 in series, if the mod was a 2 bat mod you'd just substitute the 3 with 2, so ((120 watts/2)/3.4 v) = 17 a, still a safe draw for LG's but approaching the red line.
Thanks buddy

Hi Bro
Just a quick question what will be good batteries to use on a twisted messes 150w mod??
And how long lifespan would you get off batteries. I own a rx200 n twisted messes mod. Very very seldom would I ramp up to around 100-180 watts whilst dripping. I run most of the time at 50- 60 watts

Back