Shorting RTA

Stew

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
Last night I did a major pitstop but decided to replace a few coils on my Geekvape Zeus's. On two atomisers I got a short circuit indication on the mods. I loosened the screws and refitted the same coils and everything was fine. Then I picked up a mod this morning and it showed a weird symbol and I striped it down and washed everything again and thought let me try something in the garage so I gave it a good spray with some Carburettor Aerosol Spray I had in the garage. (I forgot to take the base seal off which was silly but luckily I got away with that.) Slapped it back on the mod and fired it up. So far so good.
Will give feedback if it gives trouble again.

Last night I did a major pitstop but decided to replace a few coils on my Geekvape Zeus's. On two atomisers I got a short circuit indication on the mods. I loosened the screws and refitted the same coils and everything was fine. Then I picked up a mod this morning and it showed a weird symbol and I striped it down and washed everything again and thought let me try something in the garage so I gave it a good spray with some Carburettor Aerosol Spray I had in the garage. (I forgot to take the base seal off which was silly but luckily I got away with that.) Slapped it back on the mod and fired it up. So far so good.
Will give feedback if it gives trouble again.
i had that once and after almost smashing the RTA in frustration it was a teeny tiny little swine piece of wire that was shorting the deck.

i had that once and after almost smashing the RTA in frustration it was a teeny tiny little swine piece of wire that was shorting the deck.
Yep because I MTL I can get really thin shards of wire, don't get shorts often but when I do 90% it's a micro thin piece of damn wire. I now have one of those air aerosols that are used for blowing dust from between keyboard keys etc and when I do a new build I always now give it a blast, haven't had a short since.

Thanks @Timwis

im looking for one of those compressed air aerosol “blasters”
anyone know where one can get it here in SA?

Thanks @Timwis

im looking for one of those compressed air aerosol “blasters”
anyone know where one can get it here in SA?
Computer Shops and Comunica and RS Supplies all should have them. Obviously not all computer shops will stock them. The can in the picture. They do a compressed air can as well.20230615_193555.jpg

Back