Show us your Builds - Kayfun, Russians & Similar

im just not getting the russian to wick properly using rayon

constant dry hits and it drives me insane

Freshly made.
Two strands 32g hand twisted.

dbff70ffd5c9f34fa60bd802830b6a2f.jpg

9649a3ab6c2886b55ad0489cfd53206e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I see you're jumping right in at the twisties, very neat coil there bud :)

Thanks.
(btw, the disagree rating was from earlier when the forum was freaking out on me for some weird reason).

I had to do twisty, as I wrongly received 32g - gotta make it work for me somehow!

Just couldn't get the twisties tighter with hand-twisting though...

Thanks.
(btw, the disagree rating was from earlier when the forum was freaking out on me for some weird reason).

I had to do twisty, as I wrongly received 32g - gotta make it work for me somehow!

Just couldn't get the twisties tighter with hand-twisting though...
no worries dude.

32g wire is a real sumbeech to try and twist. I don't have a torch but I find that slowly running the wire through a flame really slowly helps to take most (not all) of the springyness out. I also twisted mine by hand... you need to be patient and stay calm.... don't try while listening to metal

Thought I would upload some pics of my kayfun build.

26G
8 wraps
2mm ID
1.11 Ohm

enaneba7.jpg

y7ebeta2.jpg

2ajyduzu.jpg

jy6ejuju.jpg

a7uruzyd.jpg

2a3y9a6e.jpg

pyjatyqe.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Now if this was a you tube video I would have given you a double like instead of a single like :D

I cant help but notice the ID's of the coils in this thread look huge,2mm?
im running a 1.4 ID,10 wrap that comes to 1.4ohms,and find flavour and wicking 100's
am i missing something or just lucky it wicks?

Last edited:
I cant help but notice the ID's of the coils in this threwad look huge,2mm?
im running a 1.4 ID,10 wrap that comes to 1.4ohms,and find flavour and wicking 100's
am i missing something or just lucky it wicks?

Peter said in his post its 2mm ID, but you are right, smaller id's tend to improve flavor.

I tend to stick with 2mm because it's easy and I'm lazy like that :rolleyes:

Smaller ID's will boost flavour a little but I find they don't wick as well as 2mm for my style of vaping

Thanks @BumbleBee and @johan.
had a twisted 32g 2mm coil in there and i wasnt a fan,didnt do Bobas justice,1.4mm 28g micro and things are a lil more tasty.
do have the airhole wide open though,as in i lost the screw :p

Just finished this off now for my kayfun tomorrow

Attachments

• 20140905_212838.jpg
    20140905_212838.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 21
My 1st attempt on twisted coil

Attachments

• 20140904_121747.jpg
    20140904_121747.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 65
Still have not posted my little coil on kayfun yet

Attachments

• 20140905_212943.jpg
    20140905_212943.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 62
I see what u mean mine is slighty shifted to the side any tips of posting coils as i most of the time find it hard to post under the screws is it ok to do a rap around the screw and then screw down ur coil

I must say im loveing my hcigar kayfun more than my kayfun clone I bought im happy there is no more drip cap under the tank

I see what u mean mine is slighty shifted to the side any tips of posting coils as i most of the time find it hard to post under the screws is it ok to do a rap around the screw and then screw down ur coil
@dr phil maybe it's just very late and I'm quite tired but I'm finding it very hard to make out what you just said, try using some punctuation bud.

Sorry man using my cheap small phone as my pc has problems.

Back