Show us your Builds - Kayfun, Russians & Similar

Thanks, what gauge?

27g. Also that was a 1.8mm id. I don't really mind the extra surface area. It just gets difficult getting to 1.0-1.5 if you so like.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hey guys, quick question re filling a kayfun 3.1

I am not sure if this is my imagination but I noticed that if I fill the kayfun with the fill hole I tend to get dry hits if the juices is past the clear tank section. Thanks to @Cape vaping supplies, he drilled out the corner bit where the two channels join and it was firing like a beast until I had to refill it. So if it was firing excellently till refill thus the only logical explanation is that my fill method may be incorrect.

What method do you guys use to fill and to what level do you fill your kayfun 3.1?

howsit @BhavZ

i fill mine from the bottom- so unscrew from device and then fill

i fill mine to about 1mm before the clear tank section ends (the tank will be upside down, so then the it would be 1mm from the top of the clear tank section)

dry hits it usually a wicking issue

post a pic if you can of the wick

Hey @BhavZ. I always fill my 3.1 from the top, up to the top of the plastic section. One should be able to fill more though.

Keep air hole closed with thumb, unscrew top cap, fill eliquid, screw in the first thread of the top cap, turn upside down, remove thumb from air hole and screw top cap in all the way. Works every time.

Hey @BhavZ. I always fill my 3.1 from the top, up to the top of the plastic section. One should be able to fill more though.

Keep air hole closed with thumb, unscrew top cap, fill eliquid, screw in the first thread of the top cap, turn upside down, remove thumb from air hole and screw top cap in all the way. Works every time.

Yeah, what he said :)

I tried getting a needle tip bottle in that silly little fill hole on the side, couldn't get any juice in the tank, on the outside though, yeah lots o_O

No issues with the top fill method, I fill mine to the top of the conical section where the thin part of the chimney starts, no dry hit, no leaks

Shot guys, will give the top fill method a go

I tend to spill a bit with the fill hole as there is a pressure valve in there that doesnt allow quick filling lol

Shot guys, will give the top fill method a go

I tend to spill a bit with the fill hole as there is a pressure valve in there that doesnt allow quick filling lol
I top fill the 3.1 and use the conventional way with the russian.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

WooHoo.... Coil No.3 on the Kayfun :)

28g Kanthal, 2mm ID, 9/10 wraps = 1.6 ohms

Spread the coils out a little, my thinking here is to cover more of the cotton wick, also arched the whole coil over the a-hole so no kinks or sharp bends in the wick. This was a sumbitch to mount on the deck but was worth the effort! Takes a while to fire up but when it does.... Kapow! Running at 9W on the SVD with some VK Coffee loaded, Bam... I get flavour! Great throat hit and a pretty impressive cloud :D This coil so far is the most awesomest thing ever! Ticks all of the boxes for me ......

DSC07709.JPG DSC07711.JPG DSC07712.JPG DSC07714.JPG
10447736_10203926901034419_2428618632807296179_n.jpg

Spread the coils out a little, my thinking here is to cover more of the cotton wick, also arched the whole coil over the a-hole so no kinks or sharp bends in the wick. This was a sumbitch to mount on the deck but was worth the effort! Takes a while to fire up but when it does.... Kapow! Running at 9W on the SVD with some VK Coffee loaded, Bam... I get flavour! Great throat hit and a pretty impressive cloud :D This coil so far is the most awesomest thing ever! Ticks all of the boxes for me ......

View attachment 5842 View attachment 5843 View attachment 5844 View attachment 5845
View attachment 5846

Genius dude!

chain vaping this bad boy for a little while now..... it just keeps on coming!

View attachment 5842 View attachment 5843 View attachment 5844 View attachment 5845
View attachment 5846
Thats a pretty coil.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Wow, well done @BumbleBee !!
Looks like a little slinky spring ;-)

Wow, that is a beauty of a coil, @BumbleBee . Wonder if it has been done before? You could just be the creator of the "slinky coil"! Well done, I am much impressed.

Wow, that is a beauty of a coil, @BumbleBee . Wonder if it has been done before? You could just be the creator of the "slinky coil"! Well done, I am much impressed.
Not sure if someone has tried it yet.... damn thing kept me awake all night.... planning it... so tired right now :snooze:

or maybe I'm just slightly Silvered :confused:

If its not on the interwebs then @BumbleBee is the originator of the "slinky coil"
Congrats

Bumblebee Buzzing Slinky Dance!

Back