Show us your Builds - Kayfun, Russians & Similar

Going by that, Kayfun deck screws M1.6 (and maybe Russian is the same?) and Igo M2,...Action Bolt...i dunno, so far i know, the smallest they have is M4, maybe M3, i'll have to check. So i see the problem - industrial hardware suppliers don't do this tiny stuff. Hobbyist, RC repair kits, R80, for stuff that's not exactly right...nah, not a nice way to go. But there must be some way.

Im loving ekowool in these attys. dont think I will go back to cotton.

did a quick dryburn after about 12 days on this coil and its as good as new!
7eda9egu.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

7eda9egu.jpg

This is the figure 8 RevnLucky7 was talking about.... *lightbulb moment*

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Very neat coils you got there @MurderDoll! I cannot wait to get my Russian 91% Black Edition. Will be able to vape on something decent (Kayfun) next weekend only. . Could you maybe recommended what's the best all round Russian coil or still experimenting?
Well done man

Thanks very much @Darth_V@PER

What's worked the best for me has been the micro coil. So around 1.5mm ID.
Using a 28g Kanthal, around 7 or 8 wraps. That gives me either 1 ohm or 1.2 ohm.

Using something lower like a 26g, you'll need to up your number of wraps.

Hope this helps?

Maybe let me know what g kanthal you using and what ohm you aiming for. We can go from there.

I have wrapped one of the new Kanger coils with a 2.0 ID, 8 Wraps with 28g and got 1.3 ohms. I have approximately 38M of 28G & 32g Kanthal and waiting for 0.9 Flat/Ribbon Vapowire from @RevnLucky7. I'm ready for the zombie apocalypse :rock: So you tell me @MurderDoll 8--)

I've done micro coils, sub ohm coils, double barrel coils, 1.5mm coils, 2mm coils, but ain't nothing better than the parallel coil. 28 gauge kanthal, 5 wraps, comes to about 0.8 ohms..... Throat hit, flavour and vapour like no other kayfun Coil, imo

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I'd start off with the 28g.
Build a reliable coil to get a feel for the unit and how it capes. From there you can start getting adventurous and see what sort of weird and wonderful ones you can come up with.

Like today I attempted the Hurricane coil. Ended up turfing it as it looked horrible and resistance was at 1.9ohms. Will need a lower g kanthal to do it justice.

IMO micro coils are the most simplest and reliable coil one can build. and is a great bench mark to use when deciding what ohms you want to vape at.

The parallel coil is brilliant as a dual coil and the best part about it is that its shaped as one coil with some serious surface area which only makes the vape that much better but dont expect your battery to last as long as with a micro coil.

@Zuzu88, I'm so itching for that Kayfun. I'm using Ecowool so hopefully I can do something similar with that. I know that @RevnLucky7 has his figure 8 setup that will be prepared in my Kayfun so I will probably bowled over with that setup but will have the Russian and Kayfun to play around on.

Thank you for the advice @BhavZ. I suppose I should just practice and experiment as much so possible. I tried googling coil build kayfun/Russian Ekowool but belive it or not I never got one exact match with the search. I will have to research a bit more I suppose. Makes the experience so much more worth it I say :D

Thank you for the advice @BhavZ. I suppose I should just practice and experiment as much so possible. I tried googling coil build kayfun/Russian Ekowool but belive it or not I never got one exact match with the search. I will have to research a bit more I suppose. Makes the experience so much more worth it I say :D
The search and experimentation is half the fun, there is just something so rewarding about vaping on your own coil.

urabe3yn.jpg
gy9erequ.jpg

A double barrel with a difference. Wanted to see what would happen. Got 0.47ohms. Flavor is really good. Now for a neat sexy rebuild of this coil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

urabe3yn.jpg
A double barrel with a difference. Wanted to see what would happen. Got 0.47ohms. Flavor is really good. Now for a neat sexy rebuild of this coil.

Nice double barrel @Lyle Abrahams! Very creative! But without any airflow over the top coil the flavour will be a bit restricted I should think. How's the vape?

Ps. It's a little weird. The Kayfun's got it's own subforum so the SUYWWACS are a bit scattered. Will an admin please move this to the Kayfun section.

Oops my bad so sorry about posting it here. Thanks. The flavor is really good vaping well from 15 watts all the way up to 30 watts. I'm happy so far. Ganna make it neater and maybe tweek here and there

7eda9egu.jpg

Ive been rocking this build for five days and its so good i bought another kayfun from cvs. Thanks for hooking me up bru

ypapu9a3.jpg
qada5e5u.jpg
ugy4uneb.jpg

Tri-parallel coil with 28g kanthal 0.3ohms killing it 30w

Back