Sigelei Moonshot

rabbitneko

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Let me start off by saying I'm rather new to vaping, only been at it for 2 - 3 months. I started with a little Kangertech but quickly decided after 2 weeks it wasn't enough.

I took the plunge and got myself the stunning Moonshot. I had other choices, but my heart was set, and ultimately overruled my brain and wallet.

The guy at the shop built me a coil, wicked it and primed it. I was in heaven. It's been about 2 months, so here are my pros and cons (please excuse me if my terminology is incorrect):

CONS:
- When using it constantly (or sharing as I often do with the bf), the tank gets quite hot. Not a serious problem but I feel uncomfortable letting it be hot for extended periods of time.
- I've let first time vaper friends try it and they always cough, or they put their lips on the tip instead of around, burning them. The drip tip doesn't have much in the height department to put one's lips around.
- Sometimes bubbles get stuck around the juice holes, which if you don't twist the glass around, could cause semi-dry hits.
- Building a coil (especially for new builders) is quite a mission. I hate seeing the message "atomizer short" now. The coils need to be compact to fit on the build deck, with a semi 90 degree bend as the posts aren't the same height as the airflow holes. If you adjust it one place, it touches somewhere else. To top it off, you then have an additional part of the chimney to assemble, which sometimes result in further shorts if your coils are too tall. However, I let an experienced person build me coil for it a while back, and he almost jizzed in his pants out of excitement.
- You can't test your coil without the first part of the chimney screwed on to hold the deck to the base. After you fire it a few times and make sure it's all nice and equal, the mentioned chimney part is hot AF, impossible to screw loose without burning your fingers. (It's necessary to remove for the easy wicking technique. Well, for any wicking that is.)
- I have on occasion had minor spitback, but this was quickly fixed by sticking a rolled up tissue down the chimney to soak up extra liquid around it.
- The top fill section can be troublesome to unscrew, as you have to grip the thin little ledge. If you overfill or mess some liquid around the juice fill holes, tightening the top section will cause some liquid to escape.

PROS:
- It's beautiful. No one can deny that. It's such a compact little RTA, with everything necessary spaciously packed, stunning finishes and the beautiful logos etched into the metal.
- Airflow is fantastic. I feel it produces similar clouds to an RDA, with very much the same flavour. My airflow holes are always fully open. I have played around with closing them halfway, and they do their job.
- The taste is amazing.
- Wicking is a breeze (once you get the hang of it).
- It's pretty indestructible. I got a drip tip stuck in it (like, seriously stuck), and had to eventually break the drip tip off using pliers, and there is not a single scratch on my Moonshot.
- Did I mention it's beautiful?

Overall, I'd say 4/5, although I haven't seen or experienced anything better so I might be biased.

Last edited:
What an awesome objective review. Thank you. I have read on here that the Moonshot is difficult to build - now I know the why and how. And everyone raves about the flavour. I am sure I saw a bigger brother Moonshot at Sir Vape - wonder if the build will be easier?

What an awesome objective review. Thank you. I have read on here that the Moonshot is difficult to build - now I know the why and how. And everyone raves about the flavour. I am sure I saw a bigger brother Moonshot at Sir Vape - wonder if the build will be easier?
I was wondering what this new Moonshot was! Now I know :) I think one will run into similar issues getting the coil properly positioned. I see the new one won't trap air bubbles so much.

Just to add to the review you can use your own drip tip if you like, any 510 drip tip slots into the actual tip. It doesn't come with an adapter so it's sort of like built in. I do agree with the short drip tip your lips tend to touch the silver part. Definitely a great tank if you want flavour and clouds. It provides you with an RDA Vape experience with the benefit of a 2ml tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back