Silence of the (dead) R-Rabbits.

Is there a distinct drop in flavour if you drop the watts?
Went down to 25 in increments of about 5W. Volume reduced but flavour not noticeably, although there is a difference or reduction noticed when returning to 45W. May be more that the mouth feel changes not the actual flavour profile.

Regards

Went down to 25 in increments of about 5W. Volume reduced but flavour not noticeably, although there is a difference or reduction noticed when returning to 45W. May be more that the mouth feel changes not the actual flavour profile.

Regards
Magic thank you. Keen on this tank. Might take the plunge.

With the help of @Timwis I purchased a DR-R for my daughter in the UK for Xmas. Was delivered within two days and I can report back that she also only has good things to report back.

Thanks for the recommendations Timwis.

Regards

Regards

I've noticed a flavour bell curve starting around 20Watts and ending around 60Watts, and agree that it's more about the specific nuances of the juice(s) along with mouthfeel ... I do find above 40/45Watts not really my "cup of tea" wrt vape temp ... then again ... some like it hot :rolleyes:

I started at 60 Watts progressively dropped the power to 40ish... the wick lasts much longer and the flavour is still top notch. But I guess it depends more on the juice you use in it

With the help of @Timwis I purchased a DR-R for my daughter in the UK for Xmas. Was delivered within two days and I can report back that she also only has good things to report back.

Thanks for the recommendations Timwis.

Regards
Unfortunately my prediction of heavily drowning my sorrows in my Christmas Apple JD and Jim Beam Red Stag while listening to the Boxing Day Test also came to pass!

Thank you for the replies; there doesn't seem to be any negatives or niggles with this tank.

Getting the tank is easy enough here in the UK, but not many vendors are stocking the mesh/cotton. Cotton I suppose could be substituted but the mesh with the welded posts would be more of a challenge.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi @AstroT .

Regarding your question on rebuilding PnP coils.

The answer is Wotofo SMRT Coils. They look like this :

upload_2022-1-16_11-30-42-jpeg.248401

upload_2022-1-16_11-51-54.jpeg

And you rebuild them like this :

upload_2022-1-16_11-31-30-jpeg.248402

upload_2022-1-16_11-52-11.jpeg

Don't worry about the pics, it's easier than it looks. You can look at a video of it being done here:

You can buy them here :

https://www.vapeking.co.za/wotofo-smrt-pnp-rebuildable-coil-kit.html

Several other vape shops sell them.

Having said all this, if I were you, I would go for the Dead Rabbit R tank. This could maybe be an upgrade in the future. You can read comments about it in this thread or look at a video here:

Last edited:
Hi @AstroT .
You can buy them here :

https://www.vapeking.co.za/wotofo-smrt-pnp-rebuildable-coil-kit.html

Several other vape shops sell them.

Having said all this, if I were you, I would go for the Dead Rabbit R tank. This could maybe be an upgrade in the future. You can read comments about it in this thread or look at a video here:

I was actually looking at this tank earlier this morning and I am very tempted but just not sure if it's worth the cost just yet.

My Voopoo pod has been quite flawless so far and can hit 80watt so think that smrtcoil kit looks like the way forward for me for now.
I want to buy a few more voopoo pods simply for the easy change if I want a different flavor (just take the one off and put another on as they are held on by a magnet).

Anyway, I added that kit to my basket but want to also get mesh and cotton strips while at it, but what is the equivalent to voopoo vm6 (80w)?

Screenshot 2022-01-16 162704.jpg
Screenshot 2022-01-16 163007.jpg

The SMRT Coils are 0.2 Ohms.

Not much of a difference. Start at a low wattage and work your way up until you find your preferred level.

I see that you live in Pretoria. Why don't you go across to JHB for their next vape meet on 22.1.2022?

You will meet a nice bunch of guys who share your interest. Several of them are very experienced vapers and will be able and willing to answer all of your questions. All of them started off like you and have gained valuable experience over the years. They could also demonstrate how to build your coils.

I can only speak about my experience of several years of Cape Town Vape Meets where the atmosphere is totally relaxed and informal. They are a great bunch of guys and even a couple of girls from time to time. I have learned a lot from them.

View attachment 248434
View attachment 248435

The SMRT Coils are 0.2 Ohms.

Not much of a difference. Start at a low wattage and work your way up until you find your preferred level.

I see that you live in Pretoria. Why don't you go across to JHB for their next vape meet on 22.1.2022?

You will meet a nice bunch of guys who share your interest. Several of them are very experienced vapers and will be able and willing to answer all of your questions. All of them started off like you and have gained valuable experience over the years. They could also demonstrate how to build your coils.

I can only speak about my experience of several years of Cape Town Vape Meets where the atmosphere is totally relaxed and informal. They are a great bunch of guys and even a couple of girls from time to time. I have learned a lot from them.

I ended up buying 3 Wotofo SMRT Coil kits and two more voopoo pods so that I can charge 3 pods at a time.

Just thought, for R110 for the Wotofo SMRT Coil kit and R71.00 for a Voopoo PNP Replacement pod it makes much more sense to me.

The whole voopoo pod tank costs R220 including two coils so for R330 I get a rebuild-able coil kit :)

Half the price of the rabbit...

Half the price of the rabbit...

It is cheaper but the Dead Rabbit has the following advantages.

Quarter turn top fill
Metal tank with glass
Cheaper coils (R60 instead of R110)
One-piece - no magnets
Replaceable drip-tip
Better looking
No or less leaking/condensation
Easier to build
Choice of five colour configurations
The refill bung on the Voopoo Tank will eventually wear out and no replacements are sold (mine already feels looser than the new ones).

So ... after buying five or six sets of coils you will have paid the same amount and will have all the advantages listed above.

Don't get me wrong, I still like the Voopoo PnP tank with SMRT Coils and currently run at least two all the time.

It is cheaper but the Dead Rabbit has the following advantages.

Quarter turn top fill
Metal tank with glass
Cheaper coils (R60 instead of R110)
One-piece - no magnets
Replaceable drip-tip
Better looking
No or less leaking/condensation
Easier to build
Choice of five colour configurations
The refill bung on the Voopoo Tank will eventually wear out and no replacements are sold (mine already feels looser than the new ones).

So ... after buying five or six sets of coils you will have paid the same amount and will have all the advantages listed above.

Don't get me wrong, I still like the Voopoo PnP tank with SMRT Coils and currently run at least two all the time.
@AstroT , make no mistake, you did make a wise decision and will certainly not be disappointed going with rebuildable vertical mesh coils and the Voopoo tank is an awesome piece of kit.

I actually like the low profile, one piece, quick swap design. Goes great with a blacked out mod as well if matchy matchy is your thing.

What mostly separates the two for me is the unbelievable amount of airflow of this Rabbit. Fully open it is on parr with dual coil big bore RDA’s like the Goon and similar 810 tipped cloud chuckers.
My PnP tanks now feel like RDL rather than Direct Lung. Running fruity menthol/ice in them. Big gulps of which are not my thing.

so I guess what I am trying to say is that getting RDA performance from a really easy rebuildable tank using cheap a chips coils is what justifies the price difference for me.

Other than that I still maintain the opinion that the humble PnP tank will also outperform most if not all RTA’s out there.

Regards

It arrived! So tonight I will be attempting my first builds. Got 2 sets of spare coils and cotton as well just in case.

It arrived! So tonight I will be attempting my first builds. Got 2 sets of spare coils and cotton as well just in case.
Just in time after your visit with the lord of the flies.

Just remember leg side up, mesh side down, cut corner top left, legs pointing down.

Enjoy,

Regards

Just in time after your visit with the lord of the flies.

Just remember leg side up, mesh side down, cut corner top left, legs pointing down.

Enjoy,

Regards
Legs up, legs down. I thought I'm changing coils but sounds more like a Pilates class now. :-D

the humble PnP tank will also outperform most if not all RTA’s out there.

I must say that I agree with this but must add that I am not well-known for my juice tasting abilities. The Vpoo PnP and DR R tick all the boxes for me. They obviously exclude MTL and very restricted RDL vapers.

Sorry for the general responses, just a few things I thought I should reply to.

I will try get to a meetup but at the moment I'm doing 5 days as an employee and another 2 as a self employed type each week, it really messes with all my hobbies and interests but pays the bills :)

I really do want to buy the rabbit, and will, but not for this mod. I'll get it it's own mod, for now as the initial outlay has been quite crazy for someone going from R75 a carton on average to around a R3k outlay, let's just say I'm all in but not quite affordable at this point.

I've been smoking for 30 years, 2 to 4 packs a day for at least 20 of those years, the simple fact that I have not bought or even want to buy smokes after buying this setup should be a good indication of how much I am enjoy this.

Cravings are still an issue but as I'm going to get higher than 6mg/ml juice I think that is a non issue or will be soon at any rate.

Anyway thank you all for the advice, support and suggestions, I truly appreciate it.

I've woken up for days now without coughing, I actually woke up at 3am this morning and had a glass of water without a coughing fit :-D
does not sound like much but it's been years since I could do that.

Anyway, here is a random video of me using my kit @60w.

I will try get to a meetup but at the moment I'm doing 5 days as an employee and another 2 as a self employed type each week, it really messes with all my hobbies and interests but pays the bills :)

I really do want to buy the rabbit, and will, but not for this mod. I'll get it it's own mod, for now as the initial outlay has been quite crazy for someone going from R75 a carton on average to around a R3k outlay, let's just say I'm all in but not quite affordable at this point.

I've been smoking for 30 years, 2 to 4 packs a day for at least 20 of those years, the simple fact that I have not bought or even want to buy smokes after buying this setup should be a good indication of how much I am enjoy this.

Cravings are still an issue but as I'm going to get higher than 6mg/ml juice I think that is a non issue or will be soon at any rate.

Anyway thank you all for the advice, support and suggestions, I truly appreciate it.

I've woken up for days now without coughing, I actually woke up at 3am this morning and had a glass of water without a coughing fit :-D

Awesome! Does not matter how we do it or what tools we use. Anyone beating the cancer sticks is a winner in my book!

We are all behind you @AstroT.

Congrats and keep it up!

Regards

You don’t have to buy a new juice. You can simply buy nicotine and Nic up your juice stepwise until you reach that sweet spot which you may not find with commercial juices often labelled at 3, 6, 9, 12 and sometimes 18mg.

Guys, I just bought a Dead Rabbit R :D Going to be keeping an eye on this thread for tips!

Back