Watts/Volts: 4v/10w
Atomiser: Kayfun
Coil Resistance: 1.o
Wicking Material: Cotton
Strength: 12mg
Blend: Premium e-liquid
Price: R55 (10ml)
Reviewer Notes: nomnomnom
Smooth vape with a subtle bannana after tone. Could be a all day vape.
Good vapor production.

Company: SkyBlueVapieng
Product Name: Dulce De Leche
Reviewer: me :p
Mod: VapeCase
Watts/Volts: second klick on it :blush:
Atomiser: mPt3
Coil Resistance: 2.1
Wicking Material: standard mPt3 coil and wick
Strength: 12mg
Blend: Premium e-liquid
Price: R55 (10ml)
Reviewer Notes: holy freaking nom batman
Smooth vape, real pudding vape. Is my all day vape for the last 3 days.
Just love it !!!

Just reading the words Cocomo Cream made me hungry for some sweet stuff :D

Thanks for the reviews!

The cocomo cream is really nice! I enjoyed it a lot! I must say, I didn't get the banana that much. It was just perfect!

@annemarievdh & @TylerD Hi guys only saw this now, thank you so very much for the kind words, the Cocomo Cream is my baby, the concept the recipe is all me, very proud of if and so glad that you guys enjoyed it, you did get it before releasing it to the general public, but it will be available to every one soon

Melinda

@annemarievdh & @TylerD Hi guys only saw this now, thank you so very much for the kind words, the Cocomo Cream is my baby, the concept the recipe is all me, very proud of if and so glad that you guys enjoyed it, you did get it before releasing it to the general public, but it will be available to every one soon

Melinda

So I was one of the first to try it. Nice. I feel special :D:p

Hi @annemarievdh
Do you mind if I change the title of this thread to "SkyBlue Vaping"?

Then it can hold reviews of all the SkyBlue flavours - like we have done for other juice review threads

The title is misleading since it refers to Cocomo Cream - yet inside the thread there is a review of two flavours.

Hi @annemarievdh
Do you mind if I change the title of this thread to "SkyBlue Vaping"?

Then it can hold reviews of all the SkyBlue flavours - like we have done for other juice review threads

The title is misleading since it refers to Cocomo Cream - yet inside the thread there is a review of two flavours.

Please do, I wasn't sure what to name it in the first place. Thank you @Silver

Hi all

This is my first review of Sky Blue Vaping's locally manufactured juices. For those that don't know, SkyBlue Vaping started making their own juices only a few months ago and currently have four flavours. It is run by @Derick and @Melinda on this forum. They are passionate about vaping and are just about the nicest people I have ever met. Their juices cost R55 for 10ml.

The flavour I have reviewed is Dulce de Leche. It is 50PG/50VG. I got the 18mg strength. I have been vaping this in my Reo Mini for about 2 weeks. Here goes...

SkyBlue Vaping - DULCE DE LECHE (18mg)

Bottom line - this is a rich sweet caramel flavoured juice with a strong punch. I liked it for it's boldness and throat hit but it was too sweet to vape all day. I would re-order it just to have it on tap for an occasional after dinner treat.

The juice has an orange colour and has a caramel smell to it.

Wow, it's a rich sweet juice with a strong punch! I get a rich caramel taste mixed with toffee. I also get a slight coffee taste in the background. It is rich and creamy. The flavours are strong. I get more of the caramel on the exhale and can feel the sweetness in the back of my mouth.

My first impression was that this juice was too sweet for me. It even gave me a slight lump in my throat. But after a while I got used to it and enjoyed it more. I think one needs to give it a chance. Nevertheless, it is still a very sweet juice.

It is of medium dryness and is a warm, comforting vape. It's like a rich dessert. Decadent and sweet, not refreshing. I found it to be natural tasting.

What I really liked was the throat hit. This juice punches hard. Definitely in the upper end of the 18mg juices I've tried. Thanks @Derick ;-) For those who don't know, I like my throat hit. This juice doesn't disappoint in that regard.

The juice vapes well and has a smooth texture. Despite the smoothness, it is a bold vape owing to the throat hit and the sweetness. For me, it was not well suited to mindless all-day vaping but superb for a quick nic hit or a decadent dessert type treat. I was vaping this on the REO/RM2 at 11-14 Watts. Unfortunately, I didn't try it in a lower powered Clearo setup to see if it would be more mellow - I ran out of juice ;-)

The aftertaste is a caramel type flavour of medium strength. I am pleased that it didn't linger. Just right.

I found this juice most pleasant after dinner and first thing in the morning with my cup of coffee. This was definitely an occasional vape and not an "all dayer". That said, it makes for a pleasant quick throat hit or a sweet treat whenever called on.

I think those that like Caramel-flavoured juices will love this one. Those that don't like sweet juices, be careful.

Dulce de Leche on Torch.jpg

Packaging:
- Sturdy little plastic bottle with a child deterrent cap and thin longer spout
- The label is a bit dark, you can hardly read what's on it. That's why I shone a torch from the base to take the photo.
- The mg strength is marked with a separate white round sticker, which is easier to see.

Equipment used:
- REO Mini/RM2 with 1.3 ohm coil - cotton wick - (11 to 14 Watts)

Thanks Silver - we have updated our labels to be printed on a white background which makes it look (and read) a lot better, just using up the current labels.

Pro-tip: If you have a coffee vape that is too bitter (like liqua) add a bit of dulce de leche, makes the coffee flavour shine! :)

Thanks @Derick - good pointer on sweetening up a bitter coffee ;-)

Oh and @Silver , for the vapemeet I'll make you a mix that has such a strong throat hit, my throat actually locks up (and I used to smoke marlboro, 20 a day) - the flavour is not too great, which is why we have decided not to release it, but for throat hit chasers this might be the holy grail :)

Nice review.
This makes me think of Haagen Dazs Dulce De Leche....drool
Must say that its so awesome that we have so many locals putting out good products at such affordable prices!

Nice review.
This makes me think of Haagen Dazs Dulce De Leche....drool
Must say that its so awesome that we have so many locals putting out good products at such affordable prices!

Thanks @Heckers
I agree and although I like the international premium juices - I really do appreciate all the effort our local manufacturers go to - to make us good juices at a good price. Big ups to the locals!

Oh and @Silver , for the vapemeet I'll make you a mix that has such a strong throat hit, my throat actually locks up (and I used to smoke marlboro, 20 a day) - the flavour is not too great, which is why we have decided not to release it, but for throat hit chasers this might be the holy grail :)

Thanks @Derick - I am keen to try that - LOL - here comes another Silver ;-)

@Derick you cant deny us first time vape meeter"s the all famous Silver show ;) Just put a 12mg label on the 18mg juice ;)

This may be a bit early, but I've been through around 4ml so I think I've got a good idea of how this juice is so far.

Today I'm reviewing @Melinda's Nilla Custard. 50/50 PG/VG I assume and 0mg nic. I've been vaping it betewen 18 and 35W on a dripper and it's been pretty fun exploring the complexities of this juice.

Melnilla.jpg

First impression of this was rich. It's almost tangibly thick / liquid tasting which I find really enjoyable for a dessert flavour.

After spending a while with it, the inhale is sweet on the tongue, with a smooth and strong vanilla slowing filling in behind the initial hit of sweetness. As someone whose frame of reference only includes 2 other vanilla flavours, to me this had very little artificial or chemical flavour irrespective of wattage, although there was just a hint at the end of the vanilla flavour before the exhale. Then comes the glory, man oh man! It's really tough to desribe the complexity of the exhale happening irrespective of the wattage you're vaping at (Also gave it a bash on a 1.5Ω mPT3 with a 3.7V battery). There's caramel, vanilla, cream and just a wash of richness that makes for a pretty darn good rendition of custard.

As you crank up the wattage, the sweet notes receeded on the inhale and some slighly earthy, bitter undertones (caramel like) come forwards - a much more balanced profile in my opinion. The exhale however has a slightly more present sweetness than at lower wattages, although everything is more intense. Custard tarts come to mind, creme brulee, milk tarts (excl the cinammon, hmmmm), less sweet condensed milk and the like. Throughout the vape, there are no real bad flavours (Like how fruit vapes often taste like really cheap candy counterparts) and while it's definitely an intense vape, it's still enjoyable for extended periods - as I say 4ml in a day and a half for a non-chain vaper (would have gone through more but I want to try make it last).

Hopefully these will be more available soon, I need to purchase a 30ml bottle sometime in the near future.

TL;DR, Great custard vape, good vanilla tones, on the sweet side but with a good overall balance. 8.5/10
Pair with Bakers Ginger Nuts.

Last edited:
Great review @Mike
Fantatic descriptions of the flavours
Well done andd thanks for sharing your views
Nice photo!

Thanks for the review @Mike - I will most definitely get me some very soon, sounds nomnomnom :rock:

And if you want a very nice mix make it 50/50 with some bavarian cream. Man o man mine is almost done and I want more.....
With the concentrates it just needs to steep for about 4-5 weeks then it is delicious

sent from my telegraph machine using Tapalalk stop

And if you want a very nice mix make it 50/50 with some bavarian cream. Man o man mine is almost done and I want more.....
With the concentrates it just needs to steep for about 4-5 weeks then it is delicious

sent from my telegraph machine using Tapalalk stop
Ooh, this actually sounds delicious, gonna ask our flavourologist (aka Melinda) to make me a batch of this, see what it is like :)

Hi all

I've been vaping SkyBlue's "famous" Happy Holidays juice for the past 5 weeks. It's been permanently loaded in a Reo and I've had enough time to get to know it.

For those who don't know, "Happy Holidays" was launched in the Christmas holiday period last year and the awesome folks at SkyBlue (@Derick and @Melinda on this forum) were giving it out as a gift to customers who ordered other products. I got my 18mg bottle with another order and let it sit in the cupboard for over a month.

Although I got mine for free, it's now on sale at R125 for 30ml. It is a 50/50 PG/VG juice.

SkyBlue Vaping - HAPPY HOLIDAYS (18mg)

Bottom line - a subtle creamy fruit juice with a bit of sourness and a massive throat hit. I like it. I would like to try it in a lower strength to see what it's like as a lung hit.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1426435782-898496-jpg.23033

It has an orange colour and a fruity smell.

I get a soft mild fruity taste followed by creaminess. The inhale is a bit more fruity and the exhale more creamy. I can't place the fruitiness. It's slightly sweet and "multi-flavoured" but not citrus. So it's not a fresh fruit taste but more mellow. It's also a little bit sour, which I like. The creaminess is quite pronounced. The blend works well. The flavours are not in your face - rather subtle.

It's a sweetish vape, but not overly sweet. There's also a sourness to it. I'd say slightly more sweet than sour. The vape is on the wettish side. It's also warm and quite dense. The creaminess can be a bit rich after a while - it sometimes made me a bit thirsty. It tastes natural though. There are no artificial tones.

The throat hit was very strong! I am a throat hit seeker and this juice does not disappoint. It really knocks me hard on a basic 1 ohm setup on the Reo/RM2 - mouth to lung. It thumps me just like my Blackbird setup. Could be the 50% PG, the flavours in there or just that Melinda's nicotine base is supercharged;-) This one delivers stronger throat hit than many other 18mg juices I've tried. This juice served me well as a mouth to lung vape. I could not lung hit it. I would really like to try it in a lower strength to have a good lung hitting experience.

Although the flavours are mellow and mild, the throat hit makes this a very bold vape for me. I vaped it mouth to lung in the Reo/RM2 and took a few puffs every now and then. Not an all dayer at this throat hit but I think the flavour profile would make it a great potential all dayer at lower strength.

The aftertaste is pleasant. A bit of fruity creaminess that doesn't linger.

Were there any negatives? No, not at all. The juice vaped well, tasted good and delivered a strong nic fix whenever I took a puff.

I vaped this juice on my trusty and faithful flavour producer - the Reo/RM2 with a single 1 ohm coil. I didn't need any more power. I did do some longer run testing of Rayon versus Organic Cotton and for this juice I definitely preferred organic cotton. I found the organic cotton brought out a bit more of the sourness (which I liked) and it seemed a bit more creamy.

I would say those who are looking for a decent fruity creamy vape would probably like this. Not a sour fresh citrus kind of fruit, but more a creamy vape with a touch of mellow fruitiness.

Packaging:
  • I think the packaging is very good and practical.
  • Fairly stiff plastic bottle with a thin nozzle - so easy to use and fill whatever you need.
  • The labelling is good. The juice name is clearly marked. The mg strength and PG/VG ratio are clearly marked.
  • It has a "child deterrent" cap.
Equipment used:
  • REO Grand/RM2 with 1.0 ohm single micro-coil. Organic cotton and Rayon wicks - 14 to 18 Watts, depending on battery level

Back