Slb V3

Tw!st3dVaP0r

Experienced Vaper
VIP
LV

Awards
So i recieved my replacement SLB from Skyblue vaping after it refused to fire

being so happy with my Kayfun Clone i hardly used the SLB

the battery finaly died and ive pluged it in to charge no luck it refuses to charge

since this is the second SLB i had in a couple of months im kinda put off on the brand
wont be getting it again

howsit twisted

ive also got an SLB, also from skyblue for just over a month now, and mine is working perfectly.

i havent used mine for the last couple of weeks tho, the SVD just doesnt want to get out of my hands :)

before i got the svd i was very happy with the SLB

I had a similar problem. My first V3 Mega died on day 1. The replacement is about a week in and going strong. Hope this one lasts because I really like it.

when it works its good a little big .. mayb its just my luck its a sign i should stick to mechanicals

i am getting a fasttech kick in so that will allow me to adjust wattage

how exactly does the kick allow you to adjust the wattage?

seeing that a mech mod doesnt have a screen?

soory for the noobster question.

You set the wattage before you put the kick into the battery tube. You have to take it out every time you want to adjust the wattage.

You set the wattage before you put the kick into the battery tube. You have to take it out every time you want to adjust the wattage.

so the kick has a little screen on it to show the current wattage?

No screen. The one I saw was a circle with notches in it to adjust wattage.

11099-1.jpg

ok sweet

ill def get one of these when i decide to get a mech mod :)

The Kick2 limits one to 15 Watts if I understand correctly. On my Reo a fully charged batt @ 4.2V with a 0.8 ohm coil = 22 Watts of power. After about 8 hrs of use my 18650 gets down to about 3.7V, with the same 0.8 ohm coil = 17 Watts. Below that I notice a slight difference in vape, so I recharge at around 3.7V. Why should I get a Kick for my mech mod? Then I might as well just use a VW electronic mod?

The Kick2 limits one to 15 Watts if I understand correctly. On my Reo a fully charged batt @ 4.2V with a 0.8 ohm coil = 22 Watts of power. After about 8 hrs of use my 18650 gets down to about 3.7V, with the same 0.8 ohm coil = 17 Watts. Below that I notice a slight difference in vape, so I recharge at around 3.7V. Why should I get a Kick for my mech mod? Then I might as well just use a VW electronic mod?

the kick clone im getting only goes to 12w .. bt that said the idea is to build higher ohm coils around 1.6- 1.8 ohm and push up the watts allowing the battery to last longer the kick will be for my mech i will carry to work ... at only 9$ from fasttech i think its worth a play then it also has discharge and short protection so i wont run my battery into the grave

you get different kicks tho..some go up to 10W, some to 12W or 15W

the kick clone im getting only goes to 12w .. bt that said the idea is to build higher ohm coils around 1.6- 1.8 ohm and push up the watts allowing the battery to last longer the kick will be for my mech i will carry to work ... at only 9$ from fasttech i think its worth a play then it also has discharge and short protection so i wont run my battery into the grave
Well, that is my question. What is the use then of a mech mod if you convert it to a VW electronic mod by using a Kick?

Good points there @Matthee. Have wondered that myself. Although I don't have a mech mod yet, I have always thought a mech mod is for when you want to control the power by building the coil to a particular resistance and rather let the battery's amp limit be your limit. Ie let it run freely.

I do see the point of overload and short circuit protection though.

Just another question on this topic. How do you know what wattage you've set the kick to? Does that circle in your photo have markings on it? Or are you just supposed to adjust it by feel?

Well, that is my question. What is the use then of a mech mod if you convert it to a VW electronic mod by using a Kick?

true so very true but the kick alows you to take ur fav looking mech mod and transform it to somthing regulated

Good points there @Matthee. Have wondered that myself. Although I don't have a mech mod yet, I have always thought a mech mod is for when you want to control the power by building the coil to a particular resistance and rather let the battery's amp limit be your limit. Ie let it run freely.

Just another question on this topic. How do you know what wattage you've set the kick to? Does that circle in your photo have markings on it? Or are you just supposed to adjust it by feel?
the clone im getting doesnt have markers , the evolv kick1 and 2 does

That is why you have to know what you do with mech mods - use a resistance meter constantly, get the right batteries, get a Reo with a hot spring, etc.

So i recieved my replacement SLB from Skyblue vaping after it refused to fire

being so happy with my Kayfun Clone i hardly used the SLB

the battery finaly died and ive pluged it in to charge no luck it refuses to charge

since this is the second SLB i had in a couple of months im kinda put off on the brand
wont be getting it again

We've sold about 15 with 2 failures (one of them yours - so you now have the 3rd failure) - bit higher than what I would like, but SLB has so far had a 'no questions asked' attitude with our returns, so not really worried. I'm also thinking that it is a fairly new model, so maybe they don't have all the kinks sorted yet.

Either way - give Melinda a shout (I'm sitting at my day job) and she will replace/refund, no worries

hi derick i didnt mean to say its a bad product or at any way make out to recieve bad service

just saying my luck hasnt been the best with these devices
skyblue has always given me excelent service and will continue giving you guys my support

Yeah no worries, didn't read it like that :)

just don't want you to lose out, when it is easy for us to replace

the clone im getting doesnt have markers , the evolv kick1 and 2 does
Correct me if I'm wrong but markers seem pointless... Doesn't power vary based on the resistance of the coil? P=I(squared)R

EDIT: Checked and the Kick does read resistance and output power to match.

Last edited:
depends how u work it out .. the kick will adjust the voltage of the battery acording to the resistance of the atty in order to produce the same amount of power (watts)

so even tho ur battery discharged to 3.7volts the kick will amp that power say to 3.8 in order to push out the same amount of watts

at least thats my understanding sorry i dont have better numbers

I have used a kick with my kayfun built to 1.2 ohms and I can confirm that you get constant power at your desired setting till the last puff. nice thing is will not fire if your battery is drained to the normal safe cutoff.

here is a pic of the evolv v2
be2avyjy.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks @Cape vaping supplies, but I still can't really see so well on the picture how you know what Watts you are vaping at. Is the Wattage marked on that little dial somehow? I see a "3" in the bottom right but don't know if that is the 3 Watt setting? Doubt it.

Back