Smoant Taggerz 200W TC Kit with Taggerz Disposable Tank

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Taggerz 200W TC Kit with Taggerz Disposable Tank from Smoant. The Taggerz 200W TC Kit with Taggerz Disposable Tank was supplied for the purpose of this review by Max from Smoant.

http://smoant.com/taggerz-dual-18650-tc-kit/index.html

Introduction

The Taggerz 200W TC Kit is Smoant's latest kit and comprises of the budget all plastic Taggerz dual 18650 Mod and the Taggerz disposable tank. The Mod features Variable Wattage, full TC suite and curves features but with no other settings is a basic device to navigate suiting those that like to keep things simple while still having TC and curves options. The Taggerz Mod in this kit i'm afraid is paired with a disposable tank which while i have nothing against the disposable tanks that have been released (in fact in general have been pleasantly surprised by their performance and flavour they produce) i just don't understanding the thinking of including one as a kit tank. Despite my misgivings let's give the Smoant Taggerz TC Kit a look!

In The Box

Contents:

1 x Smoant Taggerz MOD(no batteries)
1 x Smoant Taggerz Tank 2ml
1 x USB Charge Cable
1 x Battery Safety Card
1 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Taggerz Kit came in cardboard packaging with cardboard sleeve and on opening both the device and tank are visible but in their separate compartments. I received the Rose Gold colour that comes with a Rose Gold tank but with the tank being transparent it's not a perfect colour match but not a bad match up. The other versions are Black, Blue, Red, Grey and Graffiti, all versions come with similar colour or colour to suit tank. The device is quite plain looking which some might find boring but others will like it's old school look, the Graffiti version though is anything but boring looking, full of vibrant glossy colour and i think will be the most popular choice but it's too much for my eyes. The device is lightweight and unashamedly all plastic with no rubberised finish or special paint effect to make it look anything other but seems to be very well made and looks in my opinion quite good, with the only issue i found was rattle from the navigational rocker. It's very box like but bows out both sides and has bevelled edging, the device also has a large nicely positioned fire button and raised ridges on both the face and spine for some grip making it not bad ergonomically at all. Both sides have top and bottom Black panels which are separated by the main chassis having a diagonal strip from top corner to two thirds down the opposite side creating a triangular top panel and trapezoid bottom, where these strips meet the face and spine of the device is where we have the raised ridges for grip. On one side of the device in the top panel we have the screen, the bottom panel has a textured finish and weird shaped elongated navigational rocker, the opposite side has both panels plain with textured finish. The face of the device has a protruding large Black rectangular fire button towards the top and the spine has branding which stands out too much and in my opinion would look better if it just vanished. The base has generous venting and printed safety marks then moving to the top we have a centre mounted slightly raised (not enough to give gaping issues) 510 plate with Gold plated, spring loaded 510.

Taggerz Disposable Tank Specs and Features:

Size: 22mm (diameter) x 36mm(height)
Capacity: 2ml
Resistance: 0.2ohm (Best recommended wattage: 40-45W)
Easy top refill design with 2ml e-liquid capacity
Disposable
Thread: 510
Colours: Red, Rose Gold, Blue, Black

Taggerz Disposable Tank Overview

The Taggerz disposable tank is a seen it all before disposable sub-ohm tank with mesh coil like many that are out there. It is 22mm in diameter, only 36mm in height and fully transparent, so seeing your juice level isn't a problem. It houses a 0.2ohm mesh coil (no idea of material, i assume kanthal) with a rating of 40-45W. There is a bung on top which when lifted to fill stays attached to the tank but just in case you pull the whole piece off and lose it you do get a spare, the fill port is a decent size. The tank is one piece so the drip tip is moulded to the top so therefore can't be removed. The Taggerz has dual cyclops adjustable bottom airflow with stoppers that actually moves with a nice tolerance. The tank holds just 2ml of e-liquid obviously to be TPD compliant and only one tank is included.
Do we really need kits with an included disposable tank? I would suggest not. The tank is available in sets of three and in my opinion i would rather this tank was just sold that way and the Taggerz mod also just sold separately.

Taggerz Mod Specs and Features:

Size: 90 x 51 x 31.5mm
Output Wattage: 1-200W
Voltage: 6.0-8.4V
Output modes: VW/DVW(0.05-3ohm)/TC(Ni,Ti,SS)/TCR
Battery: Dual 18650 batteries(not included)
Screen: 0.96-inch screen
Temperature Range: 200℉--600℉/100℃--300℃
Stable Charging: 1.5A
Pocket-friendly lightweight MOD
Balanced safe charging
Multiple automatic protections
Thread: 510
Colours: Black, Blue, Red, Grey, Rose Gold, Graffiti

Fitting The Batteries

To fit the dual 18650 batteries you need to remove the back panel which is done by getting your nail in the notch on the base of the device. I have only one criticism of the battery set-up and that is their is no battery ribbon, the batteries don't sit as deep as in some devices so it's not too difficult to remove the batteries but having a ribbon would make it that much easier. Orientation is White on Black so a big pro for that and another pro for how well the battery panel secures. The magnets are very strong and the fitting is precise, it snaps in place very securely and has absolutely no movement, good job!

The Display

The Display is old school just giving the basic information but many still prefer this, the display is bright enough and i had no issues reading all the information given. Top left we have a battery status indication bar (i would much prefer one for each battery) and underneath is the mode. Top right we have resistance, underneath is voltage which displays watts instead when in temp control, bottom right displays the unit (W for watts, F or C when in temp control). The centre of the screen displays the wattage or temperature depending which mode you are in.

Navigating The Taggerz

The Taggerz is the usual 5 clicks to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off and once on - and + together locks the navigational buttons but the device will still fire. 3 clicks of the fire button brings up the list of modes with a tick next to the one selected. We have VW Mode, Ni Mode, Ti Mode and then if you carry on scrolling down we have SS Mode, TCR Mode, DVW Mode (set your own wattage curve) and then back to the first screen with VW Mode ticked. To select the mode when the tick is next to the mode you want press fire. When you choose DVW Mode you press - and fire together to bring up your graph allowing you to use the navigational buttons to alter the wattage for each point and fire to move to the next one. Finally when in temp control where volts was displayed when in wattage mode now displays watts, pressing + and fire together causes the watts to blink which now can be altered for temp control right up to 200W. The wattage scrolls in 0.1W increments up to 100W then switches to 1W increments although holding the button down causes the display to scroll in 1W increments throughout, i personally prefer 0.1W increments just up to the 20W mark.

Protections

Reverse protection
Over-heating protection
Low voltage protection
Overload protection
Short-circuit protection
Over-time protection

My Experience Using The Taggerz Kit

I can only think the inclusion of a Disposable tank was simply to allow Smoant to release a very affordable kit for those on a budget but really defeats the object as with the tank being disposable and only one supplied in next to no time a new tank would be needed anyway. After saying that the tank is available in packs of three and i found it to be one of the better disposable tanks that i have tried. If you like loads of air then it isn't for you as it is quite restrictive but it will have enough air for most and the airflow can be adjusted down for further restriction. The airflow isn't super smooth by any stretch of the imagination but it's certainly not over turbulent either and in my opinion it's comfortably acceptable and gives a really good vape. The flavour these disposable tanks give in general is surprisingly good and although of course you will get better flavour with good normal reusable tanks those that haven't tried one will probably be pleasantly surprised by the standard. I found with the Taggerz tank i had the airflow three quarters open for the restriction i like and i found the best flavour at 40W which was also a reasonably warm vape, i did though get a bit fed up with how often the tank needed refilling as it's only 2ml to be TPD compliant. The Taggerz mod is not bad at all, i wish it had more settings to be able to alter things like screen timeout etc but it performed for me perfectly well firing without noticeable delay and with good ramp up speed. I don't vape using temp control or have access to data but the device seemed just as accurate as other Smoant devices i have used and the curves feature i found worked particularly well. I did try the device with other tanks and had no issues at all, it could be a good choice for someone who wants a cheap plastic dual battery device but still wants good performance. Battery life seemed as good as i would expect from a dual 18650 device and although i personally never recommend charging in the device it does support 1.5A balanced charging. The device feels good in the hand and it's light weight makes it a good carry about, 26mm atty's fit with no sort of overhang with 28mm just slightly overhanging the bevelled edging but not the device it'self. The scrolling when adjusting wattage could be quicker but then at least you don't shoot past the wattage you are after setting and probably the biggest con of the device for me was the annoying rattle i get from the navigational rocker, mine is a sample and hopefully the retail version will be minus the rattle but i can only say it as i find it. The fire Button however has no movement and is nice and clicky, the click is unmistakable plastic sounding which didn't bother me, after all it's a plastic mod.

Light weight budget mod (a pro if that's what you are looking for)
As plastic devices go looks quite stylish (objective)
Colour options including very vibrant Graffiti version
Good carry about weight
26mm atty's without any sort of overhang
Full TC Suite (not tested)
Curves feature (enjoyed using)
Kept device to more credible 200W
Very easy to navigate
Battery panel, no movement whatsoever
White marked battery orientation (stands out great)
Fires without noticeable delay with good ramp up
Centre mounted 510
Flavour Good with supplied disposable tank
Adjustable airflow
1.5A balanced charging (if charging in the device is your only option)
Ergonomic
Portable dual battery option

Cons

Disposable tank with kit
Only one tank included
Annoying navigational rocker rattle
Quite slow scrolling
Lacks settings like being able to alter screen timeout etc
Being a plastic light device may be a con to you
Not essential (batteries not too deep) would be better with battery ribbon
Tank needs refilling often

I would once again like to thank Max for supplying the Taggerz 200W TC Kit with Taggerz Disposable Tank for the purpose of this review.

http://smoant.com/taggerz-dual-18650-tc-kit/index.html

Back