SMOK G-PRIV Baby 85W with TFV12 Baby Prince

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the G-PRIV Baby 85W with TFV12 Baby Prince from Smok. The G-PRIV Baby 85W with TFV12 Baby Prince was supplied for the purpose of this review by Ruby from Smok.

https://www.smoktech.com/kit/g-priv-baby-luxe-edition

Introduction

The G-PRIV Baby 85W with TFV12 Baby Prince is another baby device of a previous full size version. I believe there is room in the market place for mini versions of previously released devices especially when they keep the full functionality of it's parent. Here the single battery 85w G-Priv Baby is just that with an identical menu system to the G-Priv 2 with the only difference being the size and power. For those that don't vape at high wattage's and like the portability of a single battery device is the G-Priv worth a look? I give my opinion.

In the Box

Contents:

1x G-PRIV Baby Mod
1x TFV12 Baby Prince Tank- 2ml (TPD edition) 4.5ml (standard edition)
1x V8 Baby-Q4 0.4ohm Quadruple Coils (Pre-installed)
1x V8 Baby-Q2 0.4ohm Dual Coils
1x Replacement Glass Tube- 4.5ml (TPD edition) 2ml (standard edition)
1x USB Cable
1x User Manual
Spare Parts

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

On opening the box i was met by a lovely shaped device, the cut corners, raised front panel (which incorporates the screen) also with cut corners and fire bar turns a basic rectangle into a pleasantly shaped form. The device i received was the Black Red version which comes with a matching Baby Prince Tank. The Kit is also available in Prism Rainbow, Prism Gold, Purple, Prism Chrome, Green, Prism Gun Metal, Prism Blue and Red, so plenty of choices. The paint is the customary glossy car paint like finish and is the up to date more durable coating. On the back of the device is a Cobra design with "SMOK" printed at the top and "G-PRIV BABY" printed bottom. On one side of the device is the fire bar and above this is the lock screen button, both a Red wine colour. The top has a Gold plated, spring loaded 510 towards one side and the battery cap to the other, the bottom of the device has printed safety stamps and the micro USB port. The device is a nice portable size and feels very solid, with the help of both a fire bar and size it's very ergonomic and ideal for out and about. I can't fault it's build quality and there are no rattles whatsoever.

TFV12 Baby Prince Specs and Features

Size: 53.7 x 26mm /23mm (EU Edition)
Capacity: 4.5ml/2ml ((EU Edition))
Cobra drip tip
Bulb glass tube with large capacity to 4.5ml
Patented locking mechanism
Top rotary refill system
Adjustable bottom airflow
Material: Stainless steel
Thread: 510 thread
Colours: Matte Black, Stainless, Purple, White, Auto Pink, Gold, Green, Red, Prism Blue, 7-Colour

These are the colour choices when buying the tank separately the colour with the kit matches the device.

Baby Prince Overview

The Baby Prince has been reviewed countless times and when i say that i actually mean the Baby Beast as this uses Baby Beast coils and to me seemed to vape exactly the same way as the Baby Beast. The tank has the aesthetics including the heavy texturing around the base and top of the Prince and also has the Prince's lock mechanism. The Baby Prince is top-fill and with the pre-installed bubble glass the capacity is 4.5ml (the TPD edition has the 2ml glass pre-installed) it also comes with a 2ml straight glass, the tank comes with a cobra style 510 drip tip that can be changed for your own. The Baby Prince as mentioned uses the Baby beast coils that screw straight into the base, 2 coils are included which are the Q2 0.4ohm dual coil which i found best at 50w and the pre-installed Q4 0.4ohm quad coil which i found the sweet spot at again 50W. My preference was the Q2 coil but both gave really good stock coil flavour.

G-Priv Baby 85w Specs and Features:

Size: 72 x 51 x 29.2mm
Power Range: 1W-85W
Voltage Range: 0.5V-9.0V
Resistance Range: 0.1Ω-2.5Ω (VW) / 0.05Ω-2Ω (TC)
Temperature Range: 200℉--600℉/100℃--315℃
Material: Zinc Alloy
Battery: 1x 18650 battery (not included)
Small and Delicate Box MOD with Ergonomic Design
Unique Prismatic Appearance and Awesome Texture
2.0 Inch Touch Screen with Upgraded UI
85W Max Output with Single 18650 Battery
Easy to Read Menu
Independent Screen Locking Button
Virtual Up/Down Button
Top Battery Slot for Easy Replacement
Thread: 510
Colours: Prism Rainbow, Black Red, Prism Gold, Purple, Prism Chrome, Green, Prism Gun Metal, Prism Blue, Red

Fitting the Battery

The G-Priv Baby employs a top-loader battery system, simply unscrew the cap on the top of the device and pop the battery in before screwing the cap back on. Battery orientation is clearly marked inside and on the cap and the threading is good

Using the G-Priv Baby

The G-Priv Baby really is a mini version of the G-Priv 2 apart from only being 85w and a single battery, the menu is identical which is a good thing as when i reviewed the G-Priv 2 i found the menu combined with the touch screen made it one of the most user friendly devices available. The G-Priv Baby is the almost universal 5 clicks to turn the device on and off, 3 clicks while the device is on locks and unlocks the fire button. Above the fire button is located a lock screen button pressing this down for 2 seconds locks and unlocks the screen, now on to the menu. When switching on the device you are on the main screen that gives all the usual information, on this screen you can simply adjust the wattage then vape, how easy is that. Going into the menu doesn't increase the rocket science, first top left of the screen press "menu" which takes you to the menu screen. The menu screen has just 4 options, wattage mode where you can set your pre-heat (soft, normal, hard or max), TC mode where you can set your wire type, temperature, wattage and TCR settings. The third option takes you to the colour choices where you can choose what colour you want the text and graphics on the screen and finally the fourth option is the puff counter where you can do stuff like limit yourself to how many puffs before the device won't fire (that will catch on). Again i can't emphasise enough just how user friendly the device is.

My Experience Using the G-Priv Baby

Just like the G-Priv 2 I loved using the G-Priv Baby helped by the user friendly interface. The device has no noticeable delay and performed consistently. I like the Baby Prince tank which is one of the tanks i use in circulation so rather than using the tank that came with the kit i used the supplied Q2 coil in the Baby Prince i already had in use. I have tried the coil before as i have the Q4 in fact i have possibly used all the Baby beast coils at sometime and although some people criticise them i just make sure they are well primed and have never had an issue, always a very decent stock coil for flavour and no issues with availability. I don't do temp control so wouldn't know how the device performs with temp control but i did try it at 85w and it seemed it gave every single watt of the 85. The G-Priv Baby accommodates up to a 25mm tank without any overhang but in my opinion a 26mm will look ok. The battery life i found was good, being what i would expect from a single 18650 device, it's also fully firmware upgradeable. The performance of the touch screen on the G-PRIV Baby i can't fault it was as responsive as my ipod, touch screens on devices have definitely improved greatly and the one on this device is very good.

Overall thoughts

The G-Priv Baby in my opinion is the best mini version of a previously released device i have used and it comes with the very good Baby Prince tank.

Pros

Very Well Made
Screen lock button
Ergonomic
Pocket Friendly
Fire Bar
Excellent responsive touch screen
Very user friendly interface
Customisable
Performed well in wattage mode
Temp control
Baby Prince good inclusion
Coils give good stock coil flavour
Firmware Upgradeable

Cons

85w maximum (not suitable for high wattage vapers)
No curves (I wish Smok devices would have this feature)
Over 25mm tanks have overhang
Single Battery (half the life of a dual battery device)

I would once again like to thank Ruby from Smok for supplying the G-PRIV Baby 85W with TFV12 Baby Prince for the purpose of this review.

https://www.smoktech.com/kit/g-priv-baby-luxe-edition

Back