Smok H-priv don't abuse protects

Morne Delport

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi Guys

I recently got myself a Smok H-Priv 220w TC. I noticed I've been getting random Atomizer Short warnings. I'm having trouble locating the problem. At first I tough my coil diameter(2.5mm) might have been too big and is touching the walls of my atomizer So I rebuilt a coil of 2mm but I still randomly get the warning. I have a OBS Crius V3. Currently I have a build of 8 wraps Kanthal A-1 2.5 mm in diameter on my crius v3. Does anyone have some advice on locating the problem.

Hey!

PsyCLown here - posting from my GF's profile.

When I got my Mutation tank I had a similar problem. It turns out the ceramic insulator was cracked and I suspect the e-liquid was allowing power to be transferred through it and therefore creating a short.

I do not know that atomizer you have at all, however perhaps take a look there and see if something similar could be the issue.
Perhaps try with a different tank as well to rule out the H-Priv being the issue. Then perhaps try and use just a straight piece of wire with just the deck to see if it could be the coil shorting somewhere or against something.

Lastly, an issue with the insulator such as the issue I had?

Hi Guys

I recently got myself a Smok H-Priv 220w TC. I noticed I've been getting random Atomizer Short warnings. I'm having trouble locating the problem. At first I tough my coil diameter(2.5mm) might have been too big and is touching the walls of my atomizer So I rebuilt a coil of 2mm but I still randomly get the warning. I have a OBS Crius V3. Currently I have a build of 8 wraps Kanthal A-1 2.5 mm in diameter on my crius v3. Does anyone have some advice on locating the problem.
Assuming you're using #26 gauge kanthal, 8 wraps at 2.5mm dia should be 1 ohm.
Check it with a meter to make sure, either a multimeter(dmm) or an atomiser resistance checker.
If the atty is good, then you've most probably pushed the Priv's center pin on the 510 conn down too far, usually due to a longer protruding center pin on the Crius.
Check what condition you get if you remove the atty and press the fire button on the mod.
Does it then indicate "short" or "no atomiser"?
iu

Check it with a meter to make sure, either a multimeter(dmm) or an atomiser resistance checker.
If the atty is good, then you've most probably pushed the Priv's center pin on the 510 conn down too far, usually due to a longer protruding center pin on the Crius.
Check what condition you get if you remove the atty and press the fire button on the mod.
iu
It's a dual coil build so it should read at about 0.5 ohms. I think you might be right about the crius pin pushing the privs pin down too far. if I remove the atty It just says check atomizer.

It's a dual coil build so it should read at about 0.5 ohms. I think you might be right about the crius pin pushing the privs pin down too far. if I remove the atty It just says check atomizer.

Check atomizer just means there is no atty attached, have you tried the tank on another mod, there may legit be a short in it.

Ok, that probably means you dont have a short on the mod.
You could cut a 0.5 ohm length of kanthal, about 50mm and just loop it from the outer part of the threaded section of the 510 to the inner center pin and then press the fire button... basically like @PsyCLown said via @Firefly96 to check whether its the mod or the atty.

@Morne Delport, I saw the same with mine a few times when I originally got it. Here's a bit of a story.
I originally used a joyetech egrip II which fairly seamlessly picked up any new atty or when I built new coils for my twisted Messes (same with my Pico), with the H-Priv it does not work quite as seamless, and seen that error when I changed coils. I researched it a bit and found that you need to do the fire without atty to get the "no atomizer" and then screw on the new and it'll ask you if it's a new coil and give you the new ohm reading once you select "y". If you haven't yet, I'd also suggest a firmware upgrade.

All of the advice from the other guys on the atty itself is also certainly very valid, just thought I'd share.

Cheers, Moz.

Hey!

PsyCLown here - posting from my GF's profile.

When I got my Mutation tank I had a similar problem. It turns out the ceramic insulator was cracked and I suspect the e-liquid was allowing power to be transferred through it and therefore creating a short.

I do not know that atomizer you have at all, however perhaps take a look there and see if something similar could be the issue.
Perhaps try with a different tank as well to rule out the H-Priv being the issue. Then perhaps try and use just a straight piece of wire with just the deck to see if it could be the coil shorting somewhere or against something.

Lastly, an issue with the insulator such as the issue I had?
Im not sure what you mean by using a straight piece of wire

@Morne Delport, I saw the same with mine a few times when I originally got it. Here's a bit of a story.
I originally used a joyetech egrip II which fairly seamlessly picked up any new atty or when I built new coils for my twisted Messes (same with my Pico), with the H-Priv it does not work quite as seamless, and seen that error when I changed coils. I researched it a bit and found that you need to do the fire without atty to get the "no atomizer" and then screw on the new and it'll ask you if it's a new coil and give you the new ohm reading once you select "y". If you haven't yet, I'd also suggest a firmware upgrade.

All of the advice from the other guys on the atty itself is also certainly very valid, just thought I'd share.

Cheers, Moz.
My priv has the latest firmware. Stil gives random atomizer short warnings

Ok, that probably means you dont have a short on the mod.
You could cut a 0.5 ohm length of kanthal, about 50mm and just loop it from the outer part of the threaded section of the 510 to the inner center pin and then press the fire button... basically like @PsyCLown said via @Firefly96 to check whether its the mod or the atty.
Im not sure how to do that. Is there a tutorial on that?

Thanks for all the help. I think i will just get a new atty. What do u think about the ijoy tornado?
I have the tornado nano and it's a great tank,just abit of a guzzler but the flavour and cloud production is really good

had similar prob on my Crius (with Evic mini) - check that the wire is reasonable tight when screwing down to posts...worked for me

iu
Hi all, I have the above ohm reader but seem to have a problem getting the tornado nano threads to screw into the 510 of the reader. Did anyone else perhaps experience the same issue? My melo3 tank screws on just fine though.

Back