SMPL CLOUDS

JackalR

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi guys,

I have a smpl a-mod clone which is a single battery Hybrid tube mech mod. I use either a dark horse clone or a airek competition clone dripper on it. I mostly vape with high VG juices like ANML or NCV. I use vtc4 batteries.

Can anyone suggest a micro coil build that will chuck clouds. Dont have Clapton. Csn get twisted kanthal but basically I only have kanthal at the moment. Ive got 22g, 24g, 26g and 28g.

Thanks and much appreciated

JakcalR

Hi guys,

I have a smpl a-mod clone which is a single battery Hybrid tube mech mod. I use either a dark horse clone or a airek competition clone dripper on it. I mostly vape with high VG juices like ANML or NCV. I use vtc4 batteries.

Can anyone suggest a micro coil build that will chuck clouds. Dont have Clapton. Csn get twisted kanthal but basically I only have kanthal at the moment. Ive got 22g, 24g, 26g and 28g.

JakcalR
Have you tried dual parallel coils? They are excellent for clouds. Just make sure your batteries can handle the resistance etc.

Have tried dual parallels, normally build between 0.35 and 0.5 ohm but for some reason the amount of vapor production I get is on par with my goblin mini dual parallel with a 0.3 ohm build. ID on the goblin is 2.5 mm and I think it's 7 or 8 wrap with 24g

Have tried dual parallels, normally build between 0.35 and 0.5 ohm but for some reason the amount of vapor production I get is on par with my goblin mini dual parallel with a 0.3 ohm build. ID on the goblin is 2.5 mm and I think it's 7 or 8 wrap with 24g

You need to do dual parallels with a thinner Wire.

It's a single battery mod so a lot of that power is going into your ramp up

Try more wraps with 26g

Or if your really in the mood for some fun. Do a triple parallel 28g dual coil build :)

You need to do dual parallels with a thinner Wire.

It's a single battery mod so a lot of that power is going into your ramp up

Try more wraps with 26g

Or if your really in the mood for some fun. Do a triple parallel 28g dual coil build :)

What makes a triple build?

If power is an issue I can always build for my sig 150W but I want to use both devices. Will try 26g with more wraps on the rda, take it the bigger the ID the more vapor production

If power is an issue I can always build for my sig 150W but I want to use both devices. Will try 26g with more wraps on the rda, take it the bigger the ID the more vapor production

3 wires in parallel

Found a pic of one with three coils but it was on a dripper that had enough posts, the airek I have only has three posts

The bigger the id the more wick you can fit inside the coil and that's important for higher power to prevent dry hits

Found a pic of one with three coils but it was on a dripper that had enough posts, the airek I have only has three posts

Ok, not sure if you can fit all 6 leads into that Centre post but It could be possible.

Start with 3 straightened leads and keep them parallel to your screwdriver then wrap them around and keep them all in the same direction.

I don't have any coil building tools with me here so il improvise with some wire from the tv

fd1353bc79488802ac99b41b35578546.jpg

35cde3f991eac873af0e9e6b9623f019.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, not sure if you can fit all 6 leads into that Centre post but It could be possible.

Start with 3 straightened leads and keep them parallel to your screwdriver then wrap them around and keep them all in the same direction.

I don't have any coil building tools with me here so il improvise with some wire from the tv

fd1353bc79488802ac99b41b35578546.jpg

35cde3f991eac873af0e9e6b9623f019.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For a mech mod, won't dragon coils work well, the dragon wicking method will make all the vapor shoot up. Maybe you have some experience with this.

I have done dragon coils on my smpl with a tobh atty. Works good but you need to get the wicking down good over the coils or it does not soak up enough juice when firing.

Hi guys,

JakcalR
I think a simple 24g,6wrap,3mm id. will give good clouds,It does on mine.

Thanks gents, @shaunnadan now I see what you mean will play around a bit with the setup, thanks for the epic improv though :-D

@kev mac will try it out as well man

Anyways thanks to everyone and hope everyone has an epic holiday and may the new year bring everything you hope for

I think a simple 24g,6wrap,3mm id. will give good clouds,It does on mine.

The basic idea for clouds on a mech is fast ramp time , low resistance (but safe)

So it's finding that sweet spot between a thick wire with few wraps and very thin wire with many wraps.

The basic idea for clouds on a mech is fast ramp time , low resistance (but safe)

So it's finding that sweet spot between a thick wire with few wraps and very thin wire with many wraps.
Not the other way around - thick wire with many wraps and thin wire with few wraps?

Not the other way around - thick wire with many wraps and thin wire with few wraps?

Thick wire with many wraps will have a very long ramp time on a single 18650 mech mod.

Thin wires with few wraps will have too little surface area

Thick wire with many wraps will have a very long ramp time on a single 18650 mech mod.

Thin wires with few wraps will have too little surface area
Ok, I catch your drift. One has to find the balance between thick wire, which needs more wraps, and thin wire, which needs less wraps for the same resistance.

Yup !

Claptons do an excellent combination of both, reasonable low resistance with excellent Flavour coming through. You can ramp up the power to a nice warm Vape

So I've heard but I hear it takes some real tweaking to get it to work properly. I'm guessing there's no easy way to make your own clapton wire

So I've heard but I hear it takes some real tweaking to get it to work properly. I'm guessing there's no easy way to make your own clapton wire

You can buy premade Clapton wire

I use the drill and swivel method for mine. I made a small wooden jig with a swivel and I hook the wire onto that.

Just saw a few diy videos for clapton though I think I'll start by buying first

Back