South African atty - Zig18

RenaldoRheeder

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
I am not a professional reviewer, but wanted to share this with the community. I became aware of the Zig18 RTA that is manufactured in Port Elizabeth a while ago. Being locally manufactured and in my home town on top of that, realy had me excited.

So about two weeks ago, I arranged to meetup with Alex and had some really interesting chats with him. I bought my own Zig18 and started playing with it.

Interesting enough, besides for the atty stand that ships with, it also already has a coil and wick installed. So to start using, you just fill with juice and vape

I was initially impressed with the flavor and cloud production, and decided to do my own build on it to see what would suit this atty - and that is where the problem started: she leaked :-(

I must have tried every trick in the book and done endless different builds with different coils and wicking, but with no joy - leaking she did and nothing could stop it. And dry hits was in the mix as well.

In between I had various chats with Alex and eventually between some ideas that he had, some ideas that I had, and studying of the Exocet (there are some similarities), the penny dropped and the leaking stopped .

I have vaped a few tanks with the new build method and zero leaking.

So for those of you that have the Zig18 (@Clouds4Days and @Lee I know at least of you two) -this in a nutshell is what is on the table at the moment:

1. The atty ships with a 3mm ID coil - drop it to 2.5mm

2. Turn the inner glass tube upside down when you build (iso of the holes being higher up, it will now be lower down)

3. When putting the cotton through the coil, the inner tube must not be fully pushed down

4. Once the cotton is through the coil and the inner tube, twist the inner tube by about 10 to 15 degrees. Then first lift and then push the inner tube down into the atty base

5. Trim the cotton to 2 to 3 mm sticking out from the inner tube

4cfda5c0f23c15a6200c4efdedf26266.jpg

6. Fit the outer glass tube, fill with juice and install the top cap

That is it

I have found that a higher positioned coil (longer legs) produces better flavor.

a12b2311acca2515fab1d9fce5a3cef4.jpg

I hope that this will solve the problems that you had with the Zig18. It is realy exciting to have a homegrown atty.

2f7a5d2b563020d131de5702f32e895a.jpg

Below is a link to a build video that Alex has just posted:

Alex indicated that newer versions will include larger holes on the inner tube to allow for larger coils

Sent by iDad's iPhone

I am not a professional reviewer, but wanted to share this with the community. I became aware of the Zig18 RTA that is manufactured in Port Elizabeth a while ago. Being locally manufactured and in my home town on top of that, realy had me excited.

So about two weeks ago, I arranged to meetup with Alex and had some really interesting chats with him. I bought my own Zig18 and started playing with it.

Interesting enough, besides for the atty stand that ships with, it also already has a coil and wick installed. So to start using, you just fill with juice and vape

I was initially impressed with the flavor and cloud production, and decided to do my own build on it to see what would suit this atty - and that is where the problem started: she leaked :-(

I must have tried every trick in the book and done endless different builds with different coils and wicking, but with no joy - leaking she did and nothing could stop it. And dry hits was in the mix as well.

In between I had various chats with Alex and eventually between some ideas that he had, some ideas that I had, and studying of the Exocet (there are some similarities), the penny dropped and the leaking stopped .

I have vaped a few tanks with the new build method and zero leaking.

So for those of you that have the Zig18 (@Clouds4Days and @Lee I know at least of you two) -this in a nutshell is what is on the table at the moment:

1. The atty ships with a 3mm ID coil - drop it to 2.5mm

2. Turn the inner glass tube upside down when you build (iso of the holes being higher up, it will now be lower down)

3. When putting the cotton through the coil, the inner tube must not be fully pushed down

4. Once the cotton is through the coil and the inner tube, twist the inner tube by about 10 to 15 degrees. Then first lift and then push the inner tube down into the atty base

5. Trim the cotton to 2 to 3 mm sticking out from the inner tube

4cfda5c0f23c15a6200c4efdedf26266.jpg

6. Fit the outer glass tube, fill with juice and install the top cap

That is it

I have found that a higher positioned coil (longer legs) produces better flavor.

a12b2311acca2515fab1d9fce5a3cef4.jpg

I hope that this will solve the problems that you had with the Zig18. It is realy exciting to have a homegrown atty.

2f7a5d2b563020d131de5702f32e895a.jpg

Below is a link to a build video that Alex has just posted:

Alex indicated that newer versions will include larger holes on the inner tube to allow for larger coils

Sent by iDad's iPhone

Awesome post @RenaldoRheeder makes me want to go out and buy one. Problem is am on holiday already and to lazy to take a drive. Home improvements are more important.

In the new year i will have a look at this atty.

hi @RenaldoRheeder was wondering why it was called the Zig18, do you perhaps know where the name comes from ?

also, is this rta the first to be made locally or do you know of others ?

hi @RenaldoRheeder was wondering why it was called the Zig18, do you perhaps know where the name comes from ?

also, is this rta the first to be made locally or do you know of others ?

Hi @vicTor - I have no idea about the origin of the name - sorry. I think this is the first from SA, but I could be wrong there too.

Sent by iDad's iPhone

Back