Squonk bottles: good enough?

Seemo.wm

seemo
LV

Awards
Dear fellow forumers
Let me begin by saying that I am a very picky person, to the extent where I prefer not to eat food from a plastic container, as I find that the 'plasticy taste', (for lack of a better phrase), is transmitted into the food item in question.
Having said that, I would like to get into squonking but with 2 reservations.

1: Does the juice that comes out of the squonk bottle taste like it does from the actual juice bottle, or does it change the taste a bit?
The reason for this question is that I notice a definite change in the taste of juice from when it is in the bottle it came in, to a bottle i pour some into for more accessible usage.

2: If you want to change the flavour in the mod, how long does it take before the old juice is completely out of the squonk bottle and cannot be tasted, or do you have to give it a rinse every time you want to switch flavours.
Please advise accordingly.

Waseem

Hey @Seemo.wm, I had the same concerns when I started squonking a few weeks back but I can honestly say I haven't experienced any change in the flavour of juice coming from the squonk bottle. If I'm not mistaken I believe the bottles are made from silicone so there shouldn't be any plasticy taste from them.

Dear fellow forumers
Let me begin by saying that I am a very picky person, to the extent where I prefer not to eat food from a plastic container, as I find that the 'plasticy taste', (for lack of a better phrase), is transmitted into the food item in question.

1: Does the juice that comes out of the squonk bottle taste like it does from the actual juice bottle, or does it change the taste a bit?
The reason for this question is that I notice a definite change in the taste of juice from when it is in the bottle it came in, to a bottle i pour some into for more accessible usage.

2: If you want to change the flavour in the mod, how long does it take before the old juice is completely out of the squonk bottle and cannot be tasted, or do you have to give it a rinse every time you want to switch flavours.

Waseem

I have a reo now for just over a month and the bottle i was supplied was the normal hard bottle.

On ?1 i have never tasted that plastic flavor in my vape ever so i would say it does not happen.

On ?2 i would say that the change over depends on your juice mix. I have found that cookie flavors and fruit flavors does not mix so well so i keep the 2 seperate from each other. And it also depends on your juice pg/vg ratios.

So to sum it up i would say it depends on your personal expierence when you start sqounking. Let the while different expirence settle before just deciding on if it does work or not.

Good questions @Seemo.wm

I have not noticed a change in flavour of the juice say from dripping directly versus my Reo plastic squonk bottles.

Your second question is a bit more involved. I have various bottles so different flavour families can go in different bottles. However, if you vape a flavour that clings a lot it may get caught in the tubing and the squonk mechanism. You would need to wash it properly to get the taste away. That said, i have different devices for different types of juices. Rich dark tobaccoes dont get vaped in the same device as the lighter fruity menthols.

Thsnks guys @Tank88 @antonherbst

There isnt too much of tubing between the bottle and squonk pin though is there?.. so it should be ok to start with one squonk mod, and as you recommended, just change the bottles according to its respective juices? @Silver

There isnt too much of tubing between the bottle and squonk pin though is there?.. so it should be ok to start with one squonk mod, and as you recommended, just change the bottles according to its respective juices? @Silver

What you must remember is that the squonk works with negative presure. The air “stuck” in the bottle pushes the juice up from the bottom into the atty at the top of your mod when you push the bottle. So depending on the lenght inside your bottle it should be no more than 5cm “ithink”

No distinct plastic taste my side. The taste / flavour is one of the best for me. My only gripe is not getting a spare bottle when buying any squonker. I like to keep my bottles clean and dry in between changing flavours. And to pack in spare, juice filled capped bottles when I go out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and yes keep flavor profiles in the same atty. To mix a tobaco with a fruit could end in a dreadful taste.

Oh and yes keep flavor profiles in the same atty. To mix a tobaco with a fruit could end in a dreadful taste.
Before every rewick i wash, clean and dry all attys. Thats how I've been avoiding that problem thus far, but i shall keep that in mind..
You just need a setup for every profile :-D

I have never noticed a plasticy taste from my squonk bottles do I think you'd need to test before you take the plunge, especially if you're hyper sensitive to the taste of plastic. Also, the quality of the plastic would also play a role. High quality food grade plastic should not leach into the juice but lower quality plastics probably would. A silicone bottle should be good.

Juice would need to be washed out of a bottle using warm water and dishwashing soap followed by a thorough rinse if you don't want any carry over of flavor. Of you're using a similar type or flavor juice you could get away with not cleaning the bottles, you'd have to try that for yourself. Another option is to have a number of squonk bottles, each dedicated to a specific juice or type of flavor.

Hope this helps a bit. Others on forum may have different opinions.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I refill with random juice profiles no plastic taste but the mixes juice taste is sometimes horrid. I jave quite a few bottles but i am lazy AF

1) have never experienced a taste due to the bottle, for peace of mind go for a food grade silicone bottle, wash in warm water before use

FYI - VG, PG, Nic and most concentrates are supplied in plastic before mixed and decanted into glass

2) potent flavors can taint a bottle/atty/cotton and is detectable in delicate flavors for many refills (iv noticed a prominent flavour for 6 + bottles before i gave in and stripped EVERYTHING)

Comparable to switching flavors in an rta. Except imo re wicking and cleaning/swapping a bottle is less work than fiddling with RTAs

Dear fellow forumers

Waseem

1. No plastic taste

2. I have spare bottles for every flavor, but washing with hot water and dishwasher liquid seems to work to remove all flavor from the bottles

Sent by iDad from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t like rinsing bottles in dishwasher. Just plain water, then dry with a tissue inside and allow to air for a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back