Starting Out Making Juice - Need Help

As an all day vaper I found buying to be very expensive as soon as I hit the DTL level. While MTL I found I was not using as much juice but with a much higher nic level. As the nic dependency came down the juice consumed went up. DIY was the solution for me as costs dropped dramatically on my all day juice.
I also like mint/menthol and as per the advice on this forum and as has been mentioned on a thread here, I was using far too much concentrate to get the flavours I wanted.

My simple cool mix is peppermint or spearmint at 5%, menthol at 1% and koolada at 1%. 70/30 premix 3% nic
Vapour storm mod with Bogan's Blotto tank. .25 double wire single coil.

The same mix with a Melo 3 tank .5 coil or the Twisp Vega tank also .5 coil on a Pico has a completely different taste and feel to it.

However the caveat here is that the mods and tanks and coils changed along with the juice. The plus ohm mods did OK with the high nic pre made juice, but as soon as I went DTL sub ohm... things changed. Those previous juices could not be vaped with those high nic levels without coughing fits and an occasionally light head. Put the same juice in a tank with a mech mod and it is just too much.

A session juice I use is Banana @ 5%, sour @ 2%, menthol at 1% and Koolada or black ice @ 1%

This with a recurve dual coil on a squonk mech is banging good. Flavour is great and I can carry on for hours, but not an all day vape. The flavour changes when I use my Nano Wasp, .3 coil.

So I think that DIY is more than just about the juice. It is matching the juice with what you are using.

The really great thing is that you can go through a learning curve for both mods and coils and juice without breaking the bank. I vape because I am a nicotine addict that cannot break the habit, ..... but my last stinkie was September 2012. That is 60 000 (sixty thousand, that's mind blowing) stinkies i did not smoke and to answer your question, that is 60 000 stinkies I did not pay for. :):):):):):):):):):):)

@DirtRider

If you're happy to do one shots, have a look at All Day Vapes' coffees. He is the only juice-maker who makes many different coffees and just recently he has offered them (and other flavours) as one shots.

I haven't tried the one shots yet, but I've reviewed all the ready-made ones. Scroll through the All Day Vapes review thread from here onwards for my reviews. I highly recommend most of them!!

If you need any help with the one shots, PM the juice-maker on this forum. @YeOldeOke

Looks like he has a nice selection of coffee on his site.

Back