Step-down... I'm confused

How kind of you. DUDE.

Still you didnt stop to think did you? It's something to work around not be stumped by.

:JCHAN:

Why do we have 'work around' a known issue. The device either works or it doesn't. Every other regulated device I've got works regardless of coil build and battery being used. If i vape at 35 on a 0.4ohm build I expect exactly that regardless of what mod I am using. Bit silly of me to buy a device and expect that I suppose.

@Sprint

Going through the box my ipvd2 came in I never found any disclaimer telling me that the device I just bought can't in actual fact run sub ohm coils in power mode with the coil volts lower than the current battery voltage as it does not support step down in power mode.
I then checked all the sales materials on the web and also could not find any disclaimer on any sales material for the Ipvd2 stating the same.

Sadly there is numerous people like myself that trust the manufacturer when we go out to purchase a new regulated mod assuming that we would be buying a device with this basic capability given that literally every other mod in this price range has this as a entry level standard feature.

The ability to have step down capabilities in power mode surely should be one of the basic functions and corner stones in a regulated mod. If not then surely it should be clearly advertised as such.
I spent a lot of money on a regulated mod that lacks the basic functionality to allow me to run my sub tank mini with a OCC 0.5 ohm coil on it in power mode unless I use a unconventional method of using it as a Kantian coil (set as a nickel coil) in TC mode with the temperature set at maximum and joules for power..

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Instead of moaning at least I gave the guy some tips to mitigate the issue.

Why do we have 'work around' a known issue. The device either works or it doesn't. Every other regulated device I've got works regardless of coil build and battery being used. If i vape at 35 on a 0.4ohm build I expect exactly that regardless of what mod I am using. Bit silly of me to buy a device and expect that I suppose.
No me is telling you how to spend your money but these are Chinese companies and a bit of research goes a long way. I'm a bit surprised someone on the forum as long as you have been didn't pick this up. I swear I remember you had an ipv mini 2 at some stage which exhibits the same behaviour.

No me is telling you how to spend your money but these are Chinese companies and a bit of research goes a long way. I'm a bit surprised someone on the forum as long as you have been didn't pick this up. I swear I remember you had an ipv mini 2 at some stage which exhibits the same behaviour.
His ipv mini2 had no step down issues. There was an auto fire issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Sprint
These might be Chinese companies but they are sold by local agents..

Can you give me a tip as to how I should use my sub tank mini running a standard OCC 0.5 coil on this device in power mode

That is correct I did have the ipv mini 2 but it bombed out long before I had a real chance to use the unit. As for the d2... Like I said. It either works or it doesn't. And in my opinion. If it does not cover every scenario. Regardless of where it is manufactured. And it's not been marketed jn the manner that it works. Then it does not work

Instead of moaning at least I gave the guy some tips to mitigate the issue.

I don't believe anyone was moaning. The member asked for advice and opinions and that is all that everyone here was offering. I don't see your opinion being more correct than any of the others being posted in this thread. You have stated yours and for anyone using the device for 40w and above. Your advice works. In the majority case where members are using tanks and firing 35w and below, well you get the point

@Marzuq
We'll put
@Sprint I really don't understand your abrasive responses to me and comments that come across directed more at the person than the issue
I was under the impression when a thread was created and a question was asked a person could contribute by sharing their knowledge on that thread.
Right now you are like me, a contributor on this thread, so I fail to see why you would steam roll you way over all of us here with such a abrasive and demeaning attitude.

Anyway i have given my 10 cents worth so time to depart before I get my next stream rolling

I would just like to say that I own a new ipvd2 and use it for TC mode. In TC mode this device performs amazingly well.

Anyway i have given my 10 cents worth so time to depart before I get my next stream rolling

I would just like to say that I own a new ipvd2 and use it for TC mode. In TC mode this device performs amazingly well.

Don't let his arrogance put you off bud. All comments and advice is welcome on the forum. Just ignore the steamrolling that sprints around these parts every now and then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ yusaf
Brilliant 10/10..
quite frankly I am more than willing to spend money on data costs to assist and impart knowledge on a forum, but why the hell would I spend my own money to indulge and justify myself to somebody I don't know and have no intention of wanting to know who is more focused on attacking the person then contributing to the forum

Seems I shook a few trees.

The OP asked for help in figuring out step down which I did.

He didn't ask an opinion of the device which as we all know are like arseholes yadda yadda.

This has been an issue for a while the with various mods the first one that comes to mind is the hanna/canna build over 1ohm and you styling. If the voltage readout flashed while firing it wasn't regulating just dumping straight batt voltage to the atty.
Moral of the story. Build to what the mod requires and happiness is.
On the hanna for instance I built 1ohm then tuned the watts till I found my happy place. Still got the vape I wanted.

Back