Sub Ohm Kit Thread.

TylerD

Power to the Users
VIP
LV

Awards
Let's have a thread for all updates and group buys for the sub ohm kits.
Here is an update. It's getting closer.

From Robert, sub ohm kit update:
As soon as I have the mods on the site retrofitted with the new contacts I will make it visible on the web page as soon as you open up the grand or mini mods page at the top of the page it will say all these mods have been upgraded with sub ohm kits _________ . I no many of you are excited to get these . I am excited to get them myself .

Just to update so people stop asking me all the metal mods will be equipped with the new sub ohm magical roast your lung contacts .
I was told I would get my first shipment by the end of this week . Will I get them I hope so but with this companies track record a little delay wouldn't surprise me .
The first thing I plan to do is load kits on the site . I will then start retrofitting all the mods I have in stock that are on the website .
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ill-seeing-some-upgrades-30.html#post12787525

And I also saw this. FYI.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...nical-reos-will-seeing-some-upgrades-121.html

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Taylor7617
This waiting is simply tough to deal with, LOL. I want my 1st Reo but want it upgraded.

ROB - I know there have been whispers and assumptions on if the new kit will be able to accept flat-top batteries. Have you tested the kit against something like the Sony VTC4's / VTC5's? Are these an acceptable battery for the new kit or no? What will you be recommending on a go-forward basis?? Since I know I am going to buy a Reo, figured I'd get a jump and get some batteries on the way.

I left the contact a little longer in the grands for just that reason . I dont see there being a problem with the flat top batts . I use a flat top battery in one of my grands with the old contacts I have never had a problem with the flat tops . The current grand switch does work better with a button top battery but there are no rules to your battery preference

Positive contacts have been delivered. Waiting for the springs. Not too long now:
008_zpsd13359af.jpg

Awesome update - quite excited for this. Will provide me with an extra four flat top cells for use in my Reo.

Seems like the only visual change in the springs is the little curled bit at the end

Awesome update - quite excited for this. Will provide me with an extra four flat top cells for use in my Reo.

Seems like the only visual change in the springs is the little curled bit at the end
Springs? Suppose you mean the positive contact. Yes, the contact point is now larger to accommodate flat top batts. Also now silver (I think) coated for less voltage drop.

Springs? Suppose you mean the positive contact. Yes, the contact point is now larger to accommodate flat top batts. Also now silver (I think) coated for less voltage drop.
Yes thanks for the correction: Spring = positive contact in my post.

Let me pop off a quick question, when people say that the spring collapses over time on a Reo, usually from some kind of shorting, does that mean the negative spring at the bottom of the device actually caves in from heat generated by shorting?

Also having a few issues with Leo. The top of the squonk bottle tube, where is connects to the nipple, has a habit of popping off, and then I leak juice all over the inside when I squonk. Is this the point that I have to decide if I am going to super glue tube to nipple?

Yes thanks for the correction: Spring = positive contact in my post.

Let me pop off a quick question, when people say that the spring collapses over time on a Reo, usually from some kind of shorting, does that mean the negative spring at the bottom of the device actually caves in from heat generated by shorting?

Also having a few issues with Leo. The top of the squonk bottle tube, where is connects to the nipple, has a habit of popping off, and then I leak juice all over the inside when I squonk. Is this the point that I have to decide if I am going to super glue tube to nipple?
Yes, the if the spring sags gradually it usually is because you go below 0.6 ohms or there is sparkling because of non-maintenance or using flat tops. A proper short will collapse the spring in one go. Going too low in ohms usually also melts the bottom of the push button, which then requires some filing.

A drop a super glue at the top is the way to go. Also shown in the repair kit video below, which will also be how to insert the new sub-ohm kit:

Thanks so much for the answer Oom Reo ;) great Reo information as always.

Will have to go for the glued nipple then. One more thing, is the collapsed spring an intentional design feature to protect the battery in the event of a hard short?

Thanks so much for the answer Oom Reo ;) great Reo information as always.

Will have to go for the glued nipple then. One more thing, is the collapsed spring an intentional design feature to protect the battery in the event of a hard short?
Yip, a safety feature. Known as a hot spring.

Yip, a safety feature. Known as a hot spring.
Yet another reminder that the Reo is really the most functional and simple possible design it could be.

Not Silver, but Gold plated positive contacts. Still waiting for the springs.
4Vc2RJF.jpg

That makes absolute sense. In the electronic industry we always get pcb's and other contacts gold plated if they have to operate in an environment where corrosion is a potential risk and gold per se is an ideal conductor.

So all the current stock of Reo Grands and Reo Minis 2.1 have been upgraded with the sub-ohm kit. Price has increased by $2.00 to $146.00.
The sub-ohm kits also on the site. Kit for the Grand currently sold out.
Below is a video on how to install the kit. Just be careful of stripping the threads when you screw back the delrin cover.

Oh my word! That is extreme vaping! And that juice looks really dark and strong as well!

I was going to say the same thing.
Never heard you that low on ohms before @Matthee
At least you know the sub ohmed Reo can handle the pressure

I was going to say the same thing.
Never heard you that low on ohms before @Matthee
At least you know the sub ohmed Reo can handle the pressure
Better news for us more normal ohms people is that the volt drop will be lower, battery life will be better and maintenance will be minimal, if at all.

Just a question given your experience with the Cyclone, do you think potential Reonauts should go for the LP Grand and LP Reomizer instead? Is it identical to the normal profile, vape wise?

Back