Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
One of my converts is still on the Kangertech Sub Tank and is very happy with it but wants to get a new tank... I have lost touch with commercial coiled tanks... what new tank is closest to the good old Subtank?

I would say the Crown 3 mini hands down. Can't get better flavor, can't get smoother airflow, can't get longer lasting coils (unless he goes ceramic), and if he longs for the more restrictive airflow of the subtank then it works just as well by closing down the airflow.

Only con is that it's abt 2.5ml and obviously much more thirsty than the subtank, so he'll need to refill much more often.

I would say the most similar I've used with full airflow open would be the Freemax Starre Pure. Then he'd have slightly better flavor and with the ceramic coils lasting months!

It's 24 or 25mm though.

That's a bit of a problem. Can the BB take the kanger occ coils? Think the clone version can might not be the full BB experience but could be a nice upgrade.

Never thought of that... great idea! :b1:

SXK BB also has an adapter for Nautilus coils. Chrystel from VM vapes thus. I am about to have HRH try it. Have been using Kanger SSOCC 0.5 ohm Clapton Coils (from Vaper's Corner) with my strong menthol juice - works perfectly. Also tried it with a dessert juice - flavour not as good, but more than acceptable. Have not tried it with a fruity juice yet.

Just assembled a 1.8 ohm Nautilus coil into the Boro, filled with a fruity (nectarine) juice at 9mg (normally HRH does 6 mg, but seeing the high resistance). Bubbles galore as the wicking got saturated. A few minutes at most and vaping away. Excellent flavour on a juice I know well - better than the Kanger coil I reckon. HRH is very happy so far, vaping away at a whopping 10W on a smaller bore drip tip! A tiny bit more airy than she prefers, but acceptable. Shall check if any leaking after the first tank.

Back