Successful Atlantis Rebuild - Finally!

Awesome stuff well done, good write up
Thanks - I get a little excited sometimes and just start raving about something when I'm hardly done with it, but luckily when I woke up this morning, it was still working! :rock:

Quick update on this: been using the rebuilt coil for a while now and yesterday a friend gave me some Japanese cotton. Where before (with organic cotton balls) I could go to about 27w before getting issues, the new Jap cotton easily handles 35w. I'm not sure why but it just seems to wick better and handle the heat a lot better.

Also, where as the taste and cloud was great before, it is definitely better now. My commercial coils can keep up :)

Had some issues with the same build, my cotton wasn't soaking up quick enough so after 2 or 3 pulls it would dry hit and I'd have to wait for it to soak up some more. I think I did however put the cotton in too tight so it couldn't really soak up that much. Will try another build this weekend and see

Had some issues with the same build, my cotton wasn't soaking up quick enough so after 2 or 3 pulls it would dry hit and I'd have to wait for it to soak up some more. I think I did however put the cotton in too tight so it couldn't really soak up that much. Will try another build this weekend and see
Also had to experiment a bit but I think you are right, go easy on the cotton. Also, it is quite important not to use a tight coil. If you can find some Jap cotton, use that, otherwise make sure to gently stretch the cotton before putting it in, seems to make it wick better. Good luck. Please let me know how it went. Friend of mine is also doing it on the weekend.

My coil and wick that I have now is better than the Atlantis was new, even when chain vaping.

Hey Dassie!!! Just rebuilt an atlantis coil. Works a treat!!! I found that the little film inside can be taken care of by pinching through the hole with tweezers and then pulling a little excess carefully out through the hole. Then, with a little blob of cloth sticking out and holding it with the tweezers, just cut off the excess with a sharp craft knife. Stuff the remainder neatly back into place inside the coil. Leaves the inside walls intact and nice little holes for your wicking to go through. Excellent!!! No longer a slave to coil supply with my Atlantis!!

Hey Dassie!!! Just rebuilt an atlantis coil. Works a treat!!! I found that the little film inside can be taken care of by pinching through the hole with tweezers and then pulling a little excess carefully out through the hole. Then, with a little blob of cloth sticking out and holding it with the tweezers, just cut off the excess with a sharp craft knife. Stuff the remainder neatly back into place inside the coil. Leaves the inside walls intact and nice little holes for your wicking to go through. Excellent!!! No longer a slave to coil supply with my Atlantis!!
Very nice! Think you have improved the technique. Will try it that way on the next coil! Freeeeedoooom!!

Back