SXK BILLET BOX - Reviews & Discussions

For those who ordered the Crossbow clone (and even if you didn't, still useful for the BB), 3FVape now has a version of the condensation plug / AFC inserts available, like included with the authentic Crossbow: https://www.3fvape.com/misc/39502-s...parts-multiple-color-pc-abs.html#.XVbSiUd7lZY

sxk-mtl-rba-replacement-modular-afc-screws-airflow-insert-parts-multiple-color-pc-abs.jpg

They are also including them with the purchase of a Crossbow clone now:

https://www.3fvape.com/rebuildable-...-silver-316-stainless-steel.html#.XVbS3Ud7lZY

It would have been nice if they came with the earlier Crossbows, but nonetheless I'm happy to see them turn up now. :) I ordered a stand-alone set for the Crossbow clone I purchased awhile back without them, and picked up another Crossbow clone while I was at it, since this one is made by SXK, and includes the set. ;)

Last edited:
I need some help, please!!
After waiting for ages, my wife finally got her Billet and Vapeshell. I installed a 6 wrap (0.72 ohm) Coilogy MTL clapton, 2.5mm ID, wicked it up, filled it with the same 6mg 50/50 juice my wife has been vaping in the Dvarw MTL, popped in the damp plug and... DISASTER! The vape hits the throat like a slap in the face (13 watts), tastes of nothing, the draw is more loose than any mtl atty I have tried (smallest air disk) and whistles like a windy night on the west coast.

Can someone please give me some expert advice on getting this thing built correctly?

My wife is so disappointed at the moment, she has been like a kid before Xmas waiting for it. I would hat for her not to enjoy it. Here is what I plan to do tomorrow, is this daft, or at least in the right direction?

1) Install a 3mm ID coil, with either the same number of wraps, or one wrap less.
2) Try different cotton.
3) Try a 70/30 juice (although this will probably hurt on the flavour front).
4) tape up 3 of the three side airflow holes (blocking them with my finger improved the draw and reduced the very loud airflow and whistle.
5) Remove the airflow adjustment ring, as it seems to just create unnecessary turbulence and angles that may create that damn whistle.

Other than this, should I be getting the coil sitting as high, or low as possible?
Thanks in advance guys, I am really kind of desperate here.

After waiting for ages, my wife finally got her Billet and Vapeshell. I installed a 6 wrap (0.72 ohm) Coilogy MTL clapton, 2.5mm ID, wicked it up, filled it with the same 6mg 50/50 juice my wife has been vaping in the Dvarw MTL, popped in the damp plug and... DISASTER! The vape hits the throat like a slap in the face (13 watts), tastes of nothing, the draw is more loose than any mtl atty I have tried (smallest air disk) and whistles like a windy night on the west coast.

Can someone please give me some expert advice on getting this thing built correctly?

My wife is so disappointed at the moment, she has been like a kid before Xmas waiting for it. I would hat for her not to enjoy it. Here is what I plan to do tomorrow, is this daft, or at least in the right direction?

1) Install a 3mm ID coil, with either the same number of wraps, or one wrap less.
2) Try different cotton.
4) tape up 3 of the three side airflow holes (blocking them with my finger improved the draw and reduced the very loud airflow and whistle.
5) Remove the airflow adjustment ring, as it seems to just create unnecessary turbulence and angles that may create that damn whistle.

Other than this, should I be getting the coil sitting as high, or low as possible?

All of your ideas are valid and good, however I would suggest maybe stepping away from the clapton first... clapton needs allot of power to atomize and 13watt seems a little low to me. What is the gauge of the wire you are using? I would suggest running a normal wire coil as a test and then see if that is better or worse.

as for the height of the coil the closer you are to the air flow the more throat hit you will get, the further away you are the more flavor your going to get.

this will most likely be a trial and error build until you figure out what is perfect. The big thins is just not to give up and experiment allot

2) Try different cotton.

if you know someone with a 3d printer try this
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2855123
helps restrict the airflow.
28g spaced kanthal. 2.5Id. 7 wraps works for me. 10W
if all else fails you can use nautilus coils.
closing the airflow ring on the vapeshell gave a very strong TH.. left mine open and used the condenser and airflow insert to control airflow.
the dwarv mtl imho is far better vape than the vapeshell.

Last edited:
Hi guys. I have an SXK BB. I'm quite happy with it except the screen went blank after the battery depleted in there overnight.
It's the 70w non USB version. Any ideas???
I tried the fix @antonherbst suggested in a previous post about holding the fire button and up button without success.
The mod is still operational. Just the screen that's blank

Hi guys. I have an SXK BB. I'm quite happy with it except the screen went blank after the battery depleted in there overnight.
It's the 70w non USB version. Any ideas???
I tried the fix @antonherbst suggested in a previous post about holding the fire button and up button without success.
The mod is still operational. Just the screen that's blank

Sorry to hear @Resistance
Damn :(
Wish I knew the answer
Hope you resolve it

No, that doesn't work.
I also tried all combinations I could think of. Opened the mod and theres no juice inside.not even a spec of dust. I think maybe the screen just somehow failed. I will check that when I have another spare few minutes. Or I might even try more combinations.
I was also looking for a manual did didnt succeed in finding one.
if someone has one it would be appreciated.
@Resistance try pressing the fire button 5 times then press +/- at the same time. I’m intrigued!

Back