SXK BILLET BOX - Reviews & Discussions

Her current “occasional vape” is .7 ohms at 19W, so that is right up her alley.

That's right where I am too. A spare battery and you'll be guaranteed a day at the least. I was surprised at how long these little guys can run for. Just got a phone with a decent camera so sit tight for the pics! Since there are very few reviews online I might pop a cheeky review onto youtube while I'm at it.

That's right where I am too. A spare battery and you'll be guaranteed a day at the least. I was surprised at how long these little guys can run for. Just got a phone with a decent camera so sit tight for the pics! Since there are very few reviews online I might pop a cheeky review onto youtube while I'm at it.

@Spyro , what's the juice capacity on the Bantam?

@Spyro , what's the juice capacity on the Bantam?

I believe the "tank" specs are identical to the billet box boro, so it will depend on what bridge you use. However, at stock (with the included rba bridge) it takes 2mls with a little plastic brick that can be removed to increase it's capacity to 5ml.

It's completely backwards compatible with everything billetbox as far as I have read. I'd be interested to see if those nifty condensation plugs will fit. But I'm not sure where to start looking for one. I'll post in the classies soon.

I believe the "tank" specs are identical to the billet box boro, so it will depend on what bridge you use. However, at stock (with the included rba bridge) it takes 2mls with a little plastic brick that can be removed to increase it's capacity to 5ml.

It's completely backwards compatible with everything billetbox as far as I have read. I'd be interested to see if those nifty condensation plugs will fit. But I'm not sure where to start looking for one. I'll post in the classies soon.
@Spyro - http://www.vapourmountain.co.za/sho...ies/billet-box-condensation-plug-grey-single/ (Also available in numerous other colours)

You sir, are a gentlemen and a ***** champion!
Thx, if you were in jhb I'd suggest a few places for you to try, but if I'm not mistaken you're in the Cape now?

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

Here you go

Or you can get the more newer version here

Just google 3d printers in your area and e-mail them the blueprint for a quote. It shouldn't work out more than a few rand each so you can print a couple of them.

Here you go

Just google 3d printers in your area and e-mail them the blueprint for a quote. It shouldn't work out more than a few rand each so you can print a couple of them.
Perfect.

Will definitely get a few done. Always sucks losing something and you only have one.

Here you go

And because it's so cheap, you might want to ask for a couple of extras, like atty stands. My buddy with a printer made little boxes that fit a few coils in, and have a 510 sized hole in the top so it doubles as an atty stand. I think he charged 10 or 15 bucks each. Very handy items.

As promised. Excuse my hands they are f-d up with burns. My hands are very small so the mod looks a little bigger than it is. Teaspoon for scale - no bananas available.

For what it's worth. I'm not convinced this will be a great first setup. It's got a few problems right off the bat. The Boro glass is vrek tight. I can easily see myself breaking the glass trying to open it. Weird because my sxk bb did nothing like this.

All in all the device is phenomenal. The problems so far are strictly Boro related. So if you can get an authentic Boro or a replacement sxk billet Boro I would highly recommend. I don't mind tinkering so it's all good with me. So far downsides:
Vrek tight Boro glass.
Vrek tight boro glass to the point where it lifts the gasket beneath the glass and squishes it upwards, preventing the Boro from closing - this is only when rebuilding, not when refilling. So possibly fine for your misses. But with care it's no biggy.

Yes yes yes, of course I lubed the gasket first.

So as far as your wife goes... I think if you were to maybe wear in the gasket and glass or you keep it strictly MTL so she doesn't have to refill it often you've got a phenomenal vape.

Other "issue" is that your panels will pivot and make an annoying clicking sound unless you tuck the battery flap away nicely.

Would I buy it again? In a heartbeat. Would I recommend it to someone as a first vape? No, unless they have someone to maintain it.

I will do my best to post a video of the device asap onto YouTube. I'd like to do a full build, wick and review. If I don't manage, the guys over at BLCK said they'd do one too.
IMG_20190611_143119.jpg IMG_20190611_120959.jpg IMG_20190611_143111.jpg IMG_20190611_120955.jpg IMG_20190611_143129.jpg IMG_20190611_143223.jpg IMG_20190611_143206.jpg IMG_20190611_143306.jpg IMG_20190611_143249.jpg IMG_20190611_120948_1.jpg IMG_20190611_120944.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't mind a frosted glass you could try sand down the glass window. Which will illiminate all problems. But two epic fails...

No spare Boro glass and no spare Boro glass gasket.

Regardless, I love this thing already.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was also stuck behind a bantam while on my way to fetch my bantam. Couldn't help but snap a pic... IMG_20190611_153039.jpg

If you don't mind a frosted glass you could try sand down the glass window. Which will illiminate all problems. But two epic fails...

No spare Boro glass and no spare Boro glass gasket.

Regardless, I love this thing already.
VAPERS corner were selling sxk boros cheap cheap a while back. Not sure if they still have.

But it's an awesome looking device for sure. And so small, which I really like. Mtl dream setup.

VAPERS corner were selling sxk boros cheap cheap a while back. Not sure if they still have.

But it's an awesome looking device for sure. And so small, which I really like. Mtl dream setup.

Sold out! Chatted to blck who said they'll try get spare glasses and gaskets. After some use its definitely getting a little less tight.

Gents, my wife is completely sold on the Billet, not Bantam... but heartbroken because all we can find is the all black one. She is hoping for a silver (stainless) with black panels... anyone have an inside line to somewhere we can find a miracle?

Just came on to thank the forum for all the help they gave when I bought my sxk billetbox DNA 60. It's been around 6 months. I beat the hell out of this thing.i never changed a gasket or any parts. I strictly stuck to rebuilding the kanger rba and nautilus coils here and there. I have dropped this thing at work more times then I can count. So anyone thinking of grabbing one of these then go for it! Read through the whole forum for great information. I never ordered any other rbas or extra borow tanks do to laziness. It's been my main mod and will continue to be so. I am now messing around with the zlide just because I got bored. But i gotta say this thing is the most reliable and durable setup i ever had. Thanks guys, just figured I would post an update and maybe it will give a little help to someone thinking about purchasing one. I work outside and with heavy equipment and this thing has been through it all no problem. I got so good at cleaning the tank and rewicking I actually rewicked in some crazy situations. Thanks again

Just came on to thank the forum for all the help they gave when I bought my sxk billetbox DNA 60. It's been around 6 months. I beat the hell out of this thing.i never changed a gasket or any parts. I strictly stuck to rebuilding the kanger rba and nautilus coils here and there. I have dropped this thing at work more times then I can count. So anyone thinking of grabbing one of these then go for it! Read through the whole forum for great information. I never ordered any other rbas or extra borow tanks do to laziness. It's been my main mod and will continue to be so. I am now messing around with the zlide just because I got bored. But i gotta say this thing is the most reliable and durable setup i ever had. Thanks guys, just figured I would post an update and maybe it will give a little help to someone thinking about purchasing one. I work outside and with heavy equipment and this thing has been through it all no problem. I got so good at cleaning the tank and rewicking I actually rewicked in some crazy situations. Thanks again

Thanks for the update @Lidayz
Am glad the people on the forum helped you

9705188-1.jpg

I haven't gone the BB route but you guys might like this stuff from FastTech.

9705187-2.jpg

Back