SXK BILLET BOX - Reviews & Discussions

What flavour profiles do you guys enjoy the most in the BB, specifically the exocet RBA

Finally! Friggin love this thing already! I didnt try any coils yet I made a coil for the rba and absolutely love it! It's a perfect vape for me. I put a piece of paper towel behind the boro and have a plug in. When I refill I change the piece of paper towel and it's pretty damp and I still get very little droplets on the back of the panel when I remove it. Will the condensation eventually ruin this mod? I'm just wondering since this thing works perfect so far and it would suck if it doesnt last. I think that's pretty much all I can do for condensation. Is wipe it down once in a while. Other then that best mod I owned and I haven't even experimented with any other builds or coils. Thanks guys
Your biggest danger is juice/condensation getting into the electronics below the tank. A condensation plug minimizes this risk. The way you operate as described above, should also make it unlikely. Some to whom this has happened have fixed the problem by opening up the electronics and cleaning it out with high alcohol or the like. Some were not so lucky. You can also, as a preventative measure, spray the boards with a protective spray like Q30.

What flavour profiles do you guys enjoy the most in the BB, specifically the exocet RBA

Mainly fruity menthols in my BB/Exocet @CeeJay
And ones that are not too sweet or harsh on the coils/wick - because I like to stretch out the BB pitstops for as long as possible :rolleyes:

I’ve tried desserts and creams etc but for me fruit menthols just shine in the Exocet. It’s like it was made for them.

I'm all over the place with flavors. Right now I been into lemonade. I been vaping a punch lemon aid and dinner lady's lemon tart I just got off a mango kick I'm getting a little sick of mango now....

I don't post on ecigssa often, but noticed many having issues with condensation / juice getting into the electronics causing problems. For those looking into purchasing a new BB clone, I would strongly recommend staying away from the 70 watt versions with the Chinese boards until it's ever confirmed that they are treated with conformal coating from the factory. The DNA 60 boxes will be less likely to experience these issues since Evolv coats their boards at the factory, and the switches on-board are waterproof. I have both the non-USB version which I used for many months, and the newer USB version with DNA 60's, and have never had a single problem, despite getting regular condensation build-up behind the boro.

Also, the DNA's have real-time battery monitoring, which will assure that one will be much less likely to experience the 70 watt version's issue of running the battery down when not in use seen at times. IMO, the DNA 60's are just a better-made board all-around, and highly dependable. Personally, I only run my BB's in TC mode with 316L SS builds, and enjoy being able to vape down to totally dry cotton without burning, having no need to pull the cover and check my juice level until time to refill. I especially like the USB version of the BB using EScribe for fine-tuning, but my other non-USB BB came with the SS 316L option already installed, and works well also.

IMO, the SXK BB's are some of the finest clone mods to come out of China, and are extremely well-made. Hell, I recently ran across both SS and brass buttons on 3FVape for only $5.99 USD each (and of course grabbed a couple)... Before those, all the others I found were quite expensive. Just run a search for 'SXK bb' for those, and other accessories.

Lot's of great info in this thread, and quite interesting!

EDIT: I originally had the 3FVape search as 'SXK Billet' above to see the SS / brass buttons and other accessories, but corrected it to 'SXK bb'

EDIT: In case anyone is wondering, the ' MTL RBA For BB Box Mod' shown without a pic while looking at the 'SXK bb' search results at 3FVape is a clone of the Swiss Vape Technology MTL 'Crossbow' BB RBA. I dug-up that info and have one on the way, but of course can't comment on the quality or vape experience yet. It looks similar to the Vapeshell, but is solely for MTL. I have most of the other clone RBA's for the BB, and just had to try this one. Here's a pic of the original:

138572-f477fb0d2022da5920daf291bd4b0676_zps18xr64s4.jpg

Last edited:
I don't post on ecigssa often, but noticed many having issues with condensation / juice getting into the electronics causing problems. For those looking into purchasing a new BB clone, I would strongly recommend staying away from the 70 watt versions with the Chinese boards until it's ever confirmed that they are treated with conformal coating from the factory. The DNA 60 boxes will be less likely to experience these issues since Evolv coats their boards at the factory, and the switches on-board are waterproof. I have both the non-USB version which I used for many months, and the newer USB version with DNA 60's, and have never had a single problem, despite getting regular condensation build-up behind the boro.

Also, the DNA's have real-time battery monitoring, which will assure that one will be much less likely to experience the 70 watt version's issue of running the battery down when not in use seen at times. IMO, the DNA 60's are just a better-made board all-around, and highly dependable. Personally, I only run my BB's in TC mode with 316L SS builds, and enjoy being able to vape down to totally dry cotton without burning, having no need to pull the cover and check my juice level until time to refill. I especially like the USB version of the BB using EScribe for fine-tuning, but my other non-USB BB came with the SS 316L option already installed, and works well also.

IMO, the SXK BB's are some of the finest clone mods to come out of China, and are extremely well-made. Hell, I recently ran across both SS and brass buttons on 3FVape for only $5.99 USD each (and of course grabbed a couple)... Before those, all the others I found were quite expensive. Just run a search for 'SXK bb' for those, and other accessories.

Lot's of great info in this thread, and quite interesting!

EDIT: I originally had the 3FVape search as 'SXK Billet' above to see the SS / brass buttons and other accessories, but corrected it to 'SXK bb'

EDIT: In case anyone is wondering, the ' MTL RBA For BB Box Mod' shown without a pic while looking at the 'SXK bb' search results at 3FVape is a clone of the Swiss Vape Technology MTL 'Crossbow' BB RBA. I dug-up that info and have one on the way, but of course can't comment on the quality or vape experience yet. It looks similar to the Vapeshell, but is solely for MTL. I have most of the other clone RBA's for the BB, and just had to try this one. Here's a pic of the original:

138572-f477fb0d2022da5920daf291bd4b0676_zps18xr64s4.jpg
I tried to find the clone but came up short. Nothing available. Unless you can steer me in the right direction?

Failing which, I'll have to look at getting the authentic.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

I tried to find the clone but came up short. Nothing available. Unless you can steer me in the right direction?

Failing which, I'll have to look at getting the authentic.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

If you are referring to the Crossbow clone, it's on 3FVape:

https://www.3fvape.com/rebuildable-...l?search_query=sxk+bb&results=82#.XG7xaKB7lZY

For some reason, 3FVape isn't including a pic in their listing now, but scroll down to the Reviews in the listing, and it's said to be the Crossbow.. I did some Googling before I ordered one, and found this blog post showing it with the same price of $13.99 USD before 3FVape decided to pull the pic, and switch the links:

http://lovevape88.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-3841.html

If you are referring to the Crossbow clone, it's on 3FVape:

https://www.3fvape.com/rebuildable-...l?search_query=sxk+bb&results=82#.XG7xaKB7lZY

For some reason, 3FVape isn't including a pic in their listing now, but scroll down to the Reviews in the listing, and it's said to be the Crossbow.. I did some Googling before I ordered one, and found this blog post showing it with the same price of $13.99 USD before 3FVape decided to pull the pic, and switch the links:

http://lovevape88.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-3841.html

thanks bud - i'll check it out.

Just an update regarding the Crossbow clone linked above at 3FVape... I received it today, and indeed it is the Crossbow clone. :) Excellent value, and a very nicely machined bit of SS for the $$ IMO. I threw in a 1.2 ohm SS coil, and it is what I would call a slightly 'loose' MTL experience. No air reducers of the type seen on the original which fit under the Boro are included with the clone, however there is one of the type which is more a condensation-guard that is white in color.

If one is looking for a true 'tight' MTL, this one isn't it IMO. That said, after I installed another under Boro MTL air-reducer which I purchased on e-Bay awhile back with it, the draw tightened-up nicely for a great MTL vape (for me). Do I think it's better than the Vapeshell clone?, Yes I do. Even with a small air-reducer disc in the Vapeshell clone, I think the Crossbow clone (along with the under Boro air-reducer) is a bit smoother, and a better overall vape (For MTL).

Unfortunately I don't have time for pics today, but if there is interest, I may do another post including some..

EDIT: My experience is subjective of course, and some may find the Crossbow clone perfect for them, as I enjoy what some would consider a tight MTL vape when I'm in the mood, and the Crossbow clone on it's own is slightly 'loose' IMO. In that respect, I think the Vapeshell, with it's interchangeable inserts comes out ahead, since one isn't locked-in to only a vape on the MTL-side. I also happened to have another under Boro air-reducer to use along with the Crossbow clone, which some folks may not (It is very similar to, and looks a lot like one of the type included with the original Crossbow).

Both clones are similar to install a coil in, and I find neither troublesome. Wicking may prove to be a bit more forgiving in the Vapeshell, but I would need to do a few more in the Crossbow clone to be certain. I was able to pull it off on the 1st build with no leaking, although I do have a good bit of previous experience with the other Billet Box RBAs that have small decks / wicking openings to work with.....

EDIT: One more plus for the Crossbow clone is it's ability to screw-into an ohm-checker or mod outside of the Boro for checking one's ohms or dry-burning (for those who do, I do not dry-burn SS) with no additional adapter required (and perhaps lose or misplace) like the Vapeshell...

Last edited:
Just an update regarding the Crossbow clone linked above at 3FVape... I received it today, and indeed it is the Crossbow clone. :) Excellent value, and a very nicely machined bit of SS for the $$ IMO. I threw in a 1.2 ohm SS coil, and it is what I would call a slightly 'loose' MTL experience. No air reducers of the type seen on the original which fit under the Boro are included with the clone, however there is one of the type which is more a condensation-guard that is white in color.

If one is looking for a true 'tight' MTL, this one isn't it IMO. That said, after I installed another under Boro MTL air-reducer which I purchased on e-Bay awhile back with it, the draw tightened-up nicely for a great MTL vape (for me). Do I think it's better than the Vapeshell clone?, Yes I do. Even with a small air-reducer disc in the Vapeshell clone, I think the Crossbow clone (along with the under Boro air-reducer) is a bit smoother, and a better overall vape (For MTL).

Unfortunately I don't have time for pics today, but if there is interest, I may do another post including some..

EDIT: My experience is subjective of course, and some may find the Crossbow clone perfect for them, as I enjoy what some would consider a tight MTL vape when I'm in the mood, and the Crossbow clone on it's own is slightly 'loose' IMO. In that respect, I think the Vapeshell, with it's interchangeable inserts comes out ahead, since one isn't locked-in to only a vape on the MTL-side. I also happened to have another under Boro air-reducer to use along with the Crossbow clone, which some folks may not (It is very similar to, and looks a lot like one of the type included with the original Crossbow).

Both clones are similar to install a coil in, and I find neither troublesome. Wicking may prove to be a bit more forgiving in the Vapeshell, but I would need to do a few more in the Crossbow clone to be certain. I was able to pull it off on the 1st build with no leaking, although I do have a good bit of previous experience with the other Billet Box RBAs that have small decks / wicking openings to work with.....

EDIT: One more plus for the Crossbow clone is it's ability to screw-into an ohm-checker or mod outside of the Boro for checking one's ohms or dry-burning (for those who do, I do not dry-burn SS) with no additional adapter required (and perhaps lose or misplace) like the Vapeshell...
Can you please post a link to the mtl airflow reducer.

I agree. This mod is perfect for me as well, by far the best money I’ve spent on Vape gear.
you're right, it's a great mod for MTL high TDN (traditional nicotine liquids) or Nic salt juice.

I have found a store in CT that has stock of the SXK BB in black, just got it and it's perfect

Back