SXK BILLET BOX - Reviews & Discussions

Managed to get some silica bead packets from work. So will put it in there for another few night.

Just have my doubts that it will work if its juice.the few drops of juice that was behind the tank still hasnt dried or even looked like it was drying

Been test running mine for 4 hours now. And I think I can say she is back in action again. Holding thumbs, touching wood and all of that.

The coil reading seems to jumping around a bit but I think the coil needs to be replaced. Did a rewick and a small pitstop while I was at it.

Word of advice, keep those small silica bead packets you find in meds and other stuff that needs to be kept dry. You might just need it.

Been test running mine for 4 hours now. And I think I can say she is back in action again. Holding thumbs, touching wood and all of that.

The coil reading seems to jumping around a bit but I think the coil needs to be replaced. Did a rewick and a small pitstop while I was at it.

Word of advice, keep those small silica bead packets you find in meds and other stuff that needs to be kept dry. You might just need it.
Excellent news, keeping fingers crossed that all is now sorted. Enjoy!

Hope it stays good @Adephi !

Managed to get some silica bead packets from work. So will put it in there for another few night.

Just have my doubts that it will work if its juice.the few drops of juice that was behind the tank still hasnt dried or even looked like it was drying

Try caustic soda, it's 100 times more hygroscopic than silica. U can buy caustic soda at any hardware or plumbing shops, it's used as a drain cleaner. But it's highly corrosive so be careful and use gloves.

Take caustic soda in a glass bowl. Now place the device and the bowl in a airtight container. I have used that on my water damaged cellphone circuit once and it worked like magic.

Please keep me updated @Adephi !

I'm not strong enough to face another let-down, so if this works for you I might just suck it up!

Try caustic soda, it's 100 times more hygroscopic than silica. U can buy caustic soda at any hardware or plumbing shops, it's used as a drain cleaner. But it's highly corrosive so be careful and use gloves.

Take caustic soda in a glass bowl. Now place the device and the bowl in a airtight container. I have used that on my water damaged cellphone circuit once and it worked like magic.
I infer that the device must not be inside the bowl with caustic soda, but beside it? With both inside the airtight container.

I infer that the device must not be inside the bowl with caustic soda, but beside it? With both inside the airtight container.

Yes that's right.
Just wanted to add that the silica gel might not be working because it's already full with moisture and you may have to "recharge" it. Here is a link to a video on how -

D6DA6DB0-78CA-4FA6-9968-FFD3D1705021.png

Random question but hopefully get an answer.

The “thingy that the drip tip goes in” on the B.B. doesn’t screw all way down and it’s driving me insane :NAUGHTYEYE:

Can I change the o ring? Hit it with a hammer? Anything?

View attachment 120138

The “thingy that the drip tip goes in” on the B.B. doesn’t screw all way down and it’s driving me insane :NAUGHTYEYE:

Well... if you know a tool maker or turner you can perhaps have one made which will sit a bit more flush .... maybe @hands can help

View attachment 120138

Mine all screw in flush, except for the top part, which lies on top. Looks like yours has a gap below the beveled silver edge. Seems like a bit of cross threading in yours.

Mine all screw in flush, except for the top part, which lies on top. Looks like yours has a gap below the beveled silver edge. Seems like a bit of cross threading in yours.
That’s what I was thinking but it screws in and out perfectly fine just gets to the bottom and stops a bit short.

That’s what I was thinking but it screws in and out perfectly fine just gets to the bottom and stops a bit short.
On you picture above it does look as if there is a bigger gap on the left hand side? Maybe the threading was not done accurately.

On you picture above it does look as if there is a bigger gap on the left hand side? Maybe the threading was not done accurately.
That’s what I’m thinking. It’s not a life threatening thing that bugs me that much. I’ll pull through :)

That’s what I’m thinking. It’s not a life threatening thing that bugs me that much. I’ll pull through :)
Mine also sits flush. Is it maybe not lining up with the Boro inside or catching on something when you screw it down?

View attachment 120138

Had a look at your post when it was delivered to you, https://www.ecigssa.co.za/to-bb-or-not-to-bb.t45521/page-6#post-620027 and it seems that in the picture it was flush. I would check for an obstruction or unscrew in total to see if it can be realigned.

What atomizer have you got in there @Paul33? I know with some of the Flos the bottom of the 510 screw-in would not fit into the top of the Flo. One then has to sand the inside of the Flo a tad. You can check this by taking the atty out and fitting the 510 screw-in outside of the mod.

What atomizer have you got in there @Paul33? I know with some of the Flos the bottom of the 510 screw-in would not fit into the top of the Flo. One then has to sand the inside of the Flo a tad. You can check this by taking the atty out and fitting the 510 screw-in outside of the mod.
I have the Exocet in at the moment.

I agree @Smoke_A_Llama, it sits flush with an attie in it.

It’s not a huge problem for me I was just asking to see if you people who are cleverererer than me could provide some wisdom:notagain:

Mine also sits flush. Is it maybe not lining up with the Boro inside or catching on something when you screw it down?
Separate it fits nicely in the chimney of the Exocet.

Without an attie it screws all the way down in the B.B.

Put it all together and it’s got a gap.

Bizarre.

Please keep me updated @Adephi !

I'm not strong enough to face another let-down, so if this works for you I might just suck it up!

My BB is back in the bag as of yesterday. Watts keep running down.

I think the same people that make SXK BB's also make KFC ice cream machines at rate mine is broken down.

Will keep it under wraps again for a few days while I'm getting this squonking figured out and then I will check again. Will also get a condensation plug if it does bounce back.

Really missing the fruities.

Back