SXK BILLET BOX - Reviews & Discussions

Nope. Not getting it open.

Will try again tomorrow and see if I can find something.
Are you struggling to remove the hex screws? I find they strip easily. A torx driver works better on them. T6 if I recall correctly

I got the screws out. The part at the screen and the button where you can see the board. But from there I'm a bit over cautious.

I've got the 70w mod. Not the DNA board if that helps

I got the screws out. The part at the screen and the button where you can see the board. But from there I'm a bit over cautious.

I've got the 70w mod. Not the DNA board if that helps
Can put up some pics? The one I fixed was also the 70w version

View attachment 119693 View attachment 119694

The front and back as they are currently.
So this is the board you need to remove carefully:
Q19Mh05.jpg

You should be able to just lift it up. The one I fixed had a bunch of juice behind that board.

After a weekend of my bb lying in its rice bed in ICU I tried to give it a test. Lasted for about 20 minutes and then started again. So it is better just not out of the woods yet.

Thanks @TheV for your help. Was up untill 1am on Sunday morning helping this noob. Really appreciate that.

Managed to carefully open that board. Could not find any juice or condensation. But I will let it lie in the ricebed for a few more days with the insides exposed. Will see what it does.

After a weekend of my bb lying in its rice bed in ICU I tried to give it a test. Lasted for about 20 minutes and then started again. So it is better just not out of the woods yet.

Thanks @TheV for your help. Was up untill 1am on Sunday morning helping this noob. Really appreciate that.

Managed to carefully open that board. Could not find any juice or condensation. But I will let it lie in the ricebed for a few more days with the insides exposed. Will see what it does.
Exactly what I had bud!

I also wiped my chip down with an alcohol pad. It got better for about two days, and then the one night I went to bed and turned it off, and it discharged one of my batteries to below 1.5V!

I haven't bothered to try again, I get so disappointed every time!

Seeing as you already have the board out, I have a last ditch idea which may work.
Try spraying the board with Q20 or WD40 as its a water displacer, then rinse the entire pcb off in a meths bath to get rid of the Q20.
This should get rid of all the juice in the nooks and crannies under the IC's.

I also suspect it might be the wires that are shorting internally.
My friend's BB started acting up again and I'm thinking this might be why.
I'm gonna try an insulate the wires a bit better.

So many issues on this thread regarding the SXK BBs.Just gave me a headache reading through it.I wonder how you guys are feeling.....

Exactly what I had bud!

I also wiped my chip down with an alcohol pad. It got better for about two days, and then the one night I went to bed and turned it off, and it discharged one of my batteries to below 1.5V!

I haven't bothered to try again, I get so disappointed every time!

I know, this is very disheartening. Mine luckily only changes the watts down. Like the down button making contact. But those wires at the fire button does look a bit lose.

I know, this is very disheartening. Mine luckily only changes the watts down. Like the down button making contact. But those wires at the fire button does look a bit lose.
Yeah in essence that's all mine did.

I don't think that it fired either, because it would have killed my coil or at least emptied the half tank I had in there. Almost just like the internals started drawing from the battery somehow. Just keep a close eye on yours.

When wattage etc is moving up and down it is the control board that is faulty.If still under warranty it needs to be fixed and replaced by a new control board.

Seeing as you already have the board out, I have a last ditch idea which may work.
Try spraying the board with Q20 or WD40 as its a water displacer, then rinse the entire pcb off in a meths bath to get rid of the Q20.
This should get rid of all the juice in the nooks and crannies under the IC's.
Will keep in mind, but I'm not too comfortable with fidling and spraying stuff on the electronics. Dont want to mess it up even more.

If it comes to it I will find a shop with a techie that can look at it. Since its a known issue there should be a know resulution.

I also suspect it might be the wires that are shorting internally.
My friend's BB started acting up again and I'm thinking this might be why.
I'm gonna try an insulate the wires a bit better.

Keep us up to date @TheV . Might just send it to you to have a look.

When wattage etc is moving up and down it is the control board that is faulty.If still under warranty it needs to be fixed and replaced by a new control board.

Will contact the vendor. But since it could be juice related I know what the response will be.

If you guys get your pcbs working again, might I suggesting trying some Q30 to prevent juice from getting back on and starting the process over again ?

20180122_110530.png

@Bizkuit

Got mine from makro but you should be able to... actually any electronic component store should carry it or something of the same calibre :)

Will contact the vendor. But since it could be juice related I know what the response will be.

Contacted the vendor (won't mention who since that is irrelevant to this thread) and the answer was as expected.

It is too difficult to replace the board if that is what needs to be done. They suggested I leave it in a bag with silica beads. Knew one day those little packets that keep things dry would come in handy. If only I didn't chuck them.

So right now I'm shopping for a new mod. This backup I'm running with commercial coils just ain't cutting it.

But the BB will remain in the bag of rice for a few more night in the hope that it will come back to life.

Contacted the vendor (won't mention who since that is irrelevant to this thread) and the answer was as expected.

It is too difficult to replace the board if that is what needs to be done. They suggested I leave it in a bag with silica beads. Knew one day those little packets that keep things dry would come in handy. If only I didn't chuck them.

So right now I'm shopping for a new mod. This backup I'm running with commercial coils just ain't cutting it.

But the BB will remain in the bag of rice for a few more night in the hope that it will come back to life.
Try Builders and camera or gun shops, they usually have moisture control stuff in the bags that may help.

I'll let you know what I manage with my friend's BB once I receive it. It might be a while though.
Once you are sure that the BB is all dried out, try make sure none of the wires are shorting when you put it back together.

Back