SXK BILLET BOX - Reviews & Discussions

From what I can tell, the 70W version appears 'overpowered' as it under-reads resistance... my BB coils read about 0.45 on the mod that I build them on, but read 0.38 in the BB. Which is why they run hotter.

@Darth Vaper are you sure it is not your mod that gives you a wrong reading, reason I ask is I tested my Exocet and Insider on two different mods and compared with two different 70w BB's and a BB DNA40 and I get the same reading on all, at most 0.01 variance

I guess it could be. But I've heard of others - on this and other forums - also saying the SXK BB's under-read resistance (relative to other mods). So I didn't doubt my other mod. But yes, I could be wrong

What coils do you use? I don't use fancy coils, I only use 24g or 26g kanthal,.........maybe the reason!

Hi @kev mac :) I'm by no means a BB expert but I will add my 2 cents to the mix.
I've used both the SXK DNA60 and SXK 70 but not really side by side with the same atty, build and juice, so I can't say for sure, but they are much the same in my opinion.
I bought the SXK DNA60 purely because it is the same chip that you get in the authentic Billet Box, not because there was overwhelming evidence that it is better than the SXK 70.
There is indeed no directly accessible USB port on the DNA60 but you can hook up a Evolve data board if you are willing to open the device up and do some very minor disassembly if you were so inclined.
Unfortunately I can't comment on the SXK 70 being overpowered. Perhaps another user here can?
Either way, I don't think you can go wrong with either device. The SXK 70 is quite a bit cheaper and definitely more readily available.
I've heard very little complaints from the SXK 70 users :)

Regarding the attys, that is where things get interesting.
By far the general consensus seems ... get the Exocet. Maybe not for better flavor (because I've heard the argument go either way) but mostly for ease of use.
The Exocet is (according to most) much easier than the Insider to get right. This alone would lead me to recommend the Exocet over the Insider.
These SXK attys are cheap enough to consider getting both down the line. That is what I did. I got the Exocet with my BB and later placed an order for the Insider (which I'm still waiting for).

One thing that I feel I have to mention that you did not ask about is the draw on the BB. Depending on what you are used to, or what you preference is, the BB might not be to your liking because of the draw. If you are used to vaping a Goon 1.5 with the airflow all the way open (who does that?) the BB is gonna feel like you are trying to suck a golf ball through a straw. It is not an excessively restricted MTL draw but it is certainly more restricted that most of the large airy attys on the market today. Think more Hadaly and less Goon. Just something to keep in mind.

It has quickly crept up the ranks and taken the absolute #1 spot in my vaping arsenal ... but as with anything vaping (and most other things in life) - It is a personal preference :D
@TheV ,thanks for the info.About the draw,how's it compared to the Skyline clone?

@TheV ,thanks for the info.About the draw,how's it compared to the Skyline clone?
Only a pleasure @kev mac.
I'm gonna be honest and announce my ignorance here. I haven't had more than a minute with a Scyline (still waiting on mine to be delivered) so I would not be a very useful source of information as far as that is considered. I think with the right (or no) airdisk it should be fairly similar.
Tagging @BioHAZarD, @Amir, @SAVapeGear, @Silver, @Rob Fisher to comment on the above (off the top of my head who I can think of that has and uses both). Thanks :)

I'm gonna be honest and announce my ignorance here. I haven't had more than a minute with a Scyline (still waiting on mine to be delivered) so I would not be a very useful source of information as far as that is considered. I think with the right (or no) airdisk it should be fairly similar.
Tagging @BioHAZarD, @Amir, @SAVapeGear, @Silver, @Rob Fisher to comment on the above (off the top of my head who I can think of that has and uses both). Thanks :)
Hmm. If I remember correctly with the large airflow disc the bb with exocet is still more airy but I would not say it is a huge difference.

After a tank or two you don't even notice it.

Sent from the abyss

I have decided to write a little manual help for any sxk bb 70w owners as i have learnt over the last month of having mine and what i found. This is in no way the supplier manual but more a learnt by exploration manual of my bb 70w.

This is not for the dna model.

So here is my take of what is important to know on how to operate the sxk bb.

Intro for the purpose of this when using the arrow keys i will say that the one pointing at the juice tank is up and the one facing the bottom of the billet box to be down. And then we have the fire button on the oposite side of the bb.

1. To switch the mod on and off - you need to press the fire button 5 times in quick concession.

2. To access the menu press and hold both the up and fire button.

3. In the menu the up and down buttons will go on to the various availible menu options. Number of puffs, Taste adjustment=power curve, Screen off/on and screen rotation.

4. The fire and down button does not relate to any option or settings.

5. To lock the wattage of the bb you can press both the up and down button together to get the billet box locked on the desired wattage setting.

These are just the basic button options and what they do.

In the various menu options i would suggest playing around with the configurations to see what each one does.

I have however learned that the power curve mode the mod can be setup to fire from the set wattage in higher/lower wattage and longer/shorter time intervals.

This will hopefully help the newbs with their billet boxes and i am no expert with these mods. If any bb owner has learnt more from their bb other than what i have highlighted here please inform me so that we can add it into the guide for the 70w versions billet boxes.

Any dna bb owner is welcome to also inform me and we can make like a small list of instructions for the bb owners.

6.Three clicks of the power button opens the menu for Ni, SS, Ti, Wattage or Mech mode.

I find the Skyline quite restrictive.
I am using it with the 3rd largest airdisk. I haven't tried any others because I quite like it the way it is.
The BB / Exocet is way airier than my current Skyline setup.

BB/Exocet would probably be classed as a reasonably restricted lung hit.
Then if that is the case, my current Skyline setup would be a very restricted lung hit

I find the Skyline quite restrictive.
I am using it with the 3rd largest airdisk. I haven't tried any others because I quite like it they way it is.
The BB / Exocet is way airier than my current Skyline setup.

BB/Exocet would probably be classed as a reasonably restricted lung hit.
Then if that is the case, my current Skyline setup would be a very restricted lung hit
I wonder the draw compares between the skyline and the clone? probably similar?

Been using my BB for a few months now and I love it

Makes for a perfect evening chill at home vape. Not much clouds to get the missus upset and flavor is on point.

Cannot fault this device at all

Like the guys have been saying, rebuilding is a mission. But other than that it's awesome

Been using my BB for a few months now and I love it

Makes for a perfect evening chill at home vape. Not much clouds to get the missus upset and flavor is on point.

Cannot fault this device at all

Like the guys have been saying, rebuilding is a mission. But other than that it's awesome

The bb is on point and i love it to bits, more than i would have liked in the beginning. The building i find very easy and its all part of the therapy sessions a vape pit stop gives you on the weekend.

The bb is on point and i love it to bits, more than i would have liked in the beginning. The building i find very easy and its all part of the therapy sessions a vape pit stop gives you on the weekend.

@antonherbst , i have the exact same feeling and the reason I’m trying to fund another one or two or three

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed @antonherbst - BB will stay in my future, and I don't even need a crystal ball to tell. I do have something to tell, but it will have to wait for a highly anticipated delivery

Sent by iDad's iPhone

Hahaha. I know. I was sworn to absolute secrecy on it. The bb are awesome mods and they work wonders.

&Antonherbst - I do have a forum friend that seems to get as excited as I do about vape mail.

Sent by iDad's iPhone

Oh not just a friend. We are a couple of guys that gets happy with vape mail. Especially the elite mods that have stood the test of time. I know you wil be a happy vaper.

It seems I haven't been keeping up with the times, as usual, so I'm a bit behind.

So I read as much as possible about this "ding", and am I correct in my assumptions on why you all love it so much?:

• RDA like flavour production
  • Durable, because all the parts are inside the box (can't break glass)
  • Suits both MTL and DLH
  • Looks cool

It seems I haven't been keeping up with the times, as usual, so I'm a bit behind.

So I read as much as possible about this "ding", and am I correct in my assumptions on why you all love it so much?:

• Suits both MTL and DLH
  • Looks cool

* easy to carry around
* excellent battery usage
* light on Juice
* all round fantastic vape
* makes my favorite juice - XXX - absolutely shine
* etc etc

Sent by iDad's iPhone

• Suits both MTL and DLH
  • Looks cool

Hi @rogue zombie , you on the right track
Just some comments from my side from my experience with it

With the exocet inside, its not MTL. Its a restricted lung hit.

A positive for me is the size, its very portable. Probably the most portable, considering the vape one gets out of it. The shape makes it easy to fit into a pocket. I am not a "pocket carrier" vaper at all and yet I carried the BB in my pocket the whole way through VapeCon. Rob Fisher said I would and I didnt believe him. He was right. The other side of this is that it doesnt leak or dribble etc.

One of the biggest positives for me is just how easy it is to refill. It takes a few seconds. No bogroll required! I love that.

• Suits both MTL and DLH
  • Looks cool

* easy to carry around
* excellent battery usage
* light on Juice
* all round fantastic vape
* makes my favorite juice - XXX - absolutely shine
* etc etc

Sent by iDad's iPhone

I can add

Form factor is amazing small.
Very customizable.
And yes the juice consumption is amazing good.
And it wicks&coils super easy with the exocet atty.

Thank you all. This is definitely on my list then. Sounds like it ticks all the boxes I like ticked.

If anyone has both, is the Exocet's draw similar to the OL16 or Cyclops?
I like restricted Lung hitting, but not too restricted.

What I'm asking is, can you definitely DLH? without going blue in the face :)

Thank you all. This is definitely on my list then. Sounds like it ticks all the boxes I like ticked.

If anyone has both, is the Exocet's draw similar to the OL16 or Cyclops?
I like restricted Lung hitting, but not too restricted.

What I'm asking is, can you definitely DLH? without going blue in the face :)

Hi @rogue zombie
I have the Exocet and the OL16. I would say its similar to the OL16 on the biggest air setting, maybe the Exocet is even a little bit airier

Its definitely lung hit and a nice one.
Not too loose like the big airy atties - Goon et al
But not overly restrictive either.

I find it lovely for the fruity menthols

Back