Tank and Dripper Warranties In South Africa

CMMACKEM

Vaping Enthusiast
LV

Awards
I was wondering if someone clear this up for me.

Reputable brands state that their tanks and drippers have a 3 month warranty. From what I have seen is that some retailers in SA do not honour these warranties(Vapeking) or reduce these warranties to one month(Vaperite).

Why is this?

According to the CPA a consumer can demand a full refund within 7 days if they are not satisfied with the product and must support the device for at least 6 months.

There is a little more to these issues than meets the eye. In all cases if the fault is with the product the vendor will swop out the product no issues... if the item has been used incorrectly or abused it's a different story.

I agree completely with that, but to play devils advocate I agree wit @CMMACKEM as well. I recently bought an rda from a vendor(I will not mention names) and after a few weeks the positive pin had pushed up and could not be used on anything anymore. The vendors response was ' buy another, it's a problem we have with those'. Now I'm all for investigation but the fact that I was using this on a hybrid mod and no mention was made of the problem and the nonchalance of the staff at the vendor regarding this issue was shocking.

I agree completely with that, but to play devils advocate I agree wit @CMMACKEM as well. I recently bought an rda from a vendor(I will not mention names) and after a few weeks the positive pin had pushed up and could not be used on anything anymore. The vendors response was ' buy another, it's a problem we have with those'. Now I'm all for investigation but the fact that I was using this on a hybrid mod and no mention was made of the problem and the nonchalance of the staff at the vendor regarding this issue was shocking.

No argument there @Normz. There are issues on both sides... suspect customers and suspect vendors and great customers and great vendors. There are LEMONS on both sides.

No argument there @Normz. There are issues on both sides... suspect customers and suspect vendors and great customers and great vendors. There are LEMONS on both sides.
Indeed. Unfortunately in an unregulated market this will happen, as there are no clear rules in this industry. It's pretty much 'if it fires it works and not our problem '

I was wondering if someone clear this up for me.

Reputable brands state that their tanks and drippers have a 3 month warranty. From what I have seen is that some retailers in SA do not honour these warranties(Vapeking) or reduce these warranties to one month(Vaperite).

Why is this?

According to the CPA a consumer can demand a full refund within 7 days if they are not satisfied with the product and must support the device for at least 6 months.

Also remember a "STYLED" rda is by no means a reputable brand. Its a cheap chinese copy of an already in most cases chinese built product.

Back