Tark's Select Reserve - Juice Reviews

Shall let you know how I find Van Gogh when I get to that bottle. Rasputin I like a lot.
I would love to hear your opinion on the Van Gogh. I do need to give it a fair chance though, it's just that first impression that put me off. I think when the Kayfun is empty (Just refilled with Level 1 Elixir) I'm going to fill it with the Van Gogh and force myself to finish a tank, the Kayfun should at least be a little less intense on the flavour front than the Veritas.

I've been vaping on some Rasputin for a few days and I'm really really enjoying it, can't get enough of those orange peel notes, not sweet, not bitter... just perfect! :clap:

Unfortunately the same cannot be said for Van Gogh, this one is in your face, super powerful and even downright abusive to your senses. Tried it on my Veritas at 0.9 ohm once, haven't had any desire whatsoever to try it again. I will force myself to try it again sometime, there has got to be something to this juice :notagain:
I got home yesterday and filled up the SVD powered Rose v2 with Van Gogh at 18mg, determined to like this juice. After my terrible first impression I was prepared for this, I knew it was going to suck but tried putting myself in the right mindset. I took my first toot and was a little surprised, no, that's a lie... I was shocked! This tastes bloody AWESOME! :eek:

I've been vaping it exclusively since yesterday evening in the Rose with a 28g 1.3 ohm single coil wicked with the Silica that came with the atty. From 9W it's sweet, but not overpowering and warms up nicely towards 12.5W gradually losing sweetness as you step up the power. The warmer it gets the more it turns almost spicy, almost like a sweet mild curry. But how is this even possible, I don't like spicy vapes. I have no idea what it's supposed to taste like as the manufacturer only describes it as a "Sweet mild dark pipe tobacco" but as I'm vaping it I'm imagining Turmeric and Apricots.

So, whatever I said about this juice before... I take it all back, Van Gogh has wormed it's way onto my list of favorites overnight!

Assuming you're referring to Rasputin, it's frikken awesome! This is the first citrusy juice I've tried, must say I think I'm in love :D
I got home yesterday and filled up the SVD powered Rose v2 with Van Gogh at 18mg, determined to like this juice. After my terrible first impression I was prepared for this, I knew it was going to suck but tried putting myself in the right mindset. I took my first toot and was a little surprised, no, that's a lie... I was shocked! This tastes bloody AWESOME! :eek:

I've been vaping it exclusively since yesterday evening in the Rose with a 28g 1.3 ohm single coil wicked with the Silica that came with the atty. From 9W it's sweet, but not overpowering and warms up nicely towards 12.5W gradually losing sweetness as you step up the power. The warmer it gets the more it turns almost spicy, almost like a sweet mild curry. But how is this even possible, I don't like spicy vapes. I have no idea what it's supposed to taste like as the manufacturer only describes it as a "Sweet mild dark pipe tobacco" but as I'm vaping it I'm imagining Turmeric and Apricots.

So, whatever I said about this juice before... I take it all back, Van Gogh has wormed it's way onto my list of favorites overnight!
Ah, good to hear - was a real bargain then. What wicking material did you use in the Veritas? Now really looking forward to try it.

Ah, good to hear - was a real bargain then. What wicking material did you use in the Veritas? Now really looking forward to try it.
I have the Veritas set up with a single 28g ugly coil at 0.9 ohm wicked with rayon, will be giving it another go soon.

I have the Veritas set up with a single 28g ugly coil at 0.9 ohm wicked with rayon, will be giving it another go soon.
Ah, maybe it is the Silica in the Rose that makes the difference. Many feel that cotton and rayon mute flavours, especially on more complex juices.

Ah, maybe it is the Silica in the Rose that makes the difference. Many feel that cotton and rayon mute flavours, especially on more complex juices.
I dunno, for me the rayon intensifies flavour, but you might be correct in the sense that it filters some of the notes and only letting the icky ones through. Hmm, the Rose is almost empty, maybe I should rewick it with rayon and try that for the rest of the day.

Just loaded Van Gogh and taken a few toots. First impressions - I love it. Probably the least sweet of all Tark's offerings alongside Matador. The tobacco is there in ample measure, with that somewhat tart fruit, yes, could be apricot. And I also get the spicy, like cloves. The aftertaste is not heavy at all, more refreshing, wanting for more. And a good throat hit. Goes brilliantly with a good whisky. Tasted in a RM2 at 0.65 ohms on a single coil with ceramic wick, on a Reo. Have an idea Matador and Van Gogh will be my favourites of Tark's Select Reserve range as it stands. I have tried all his tobaccos bar Old Gold, and if one has them in your arsenal you will never get bored, they are all special, multi-faceted jooses imo.

Can kick myself for not getting Van Gogh. If only there were reviews on this juice earlier on.
Hopefully they will come around again. Have an idea Van Gogh might be nearer to Maghrib than Rasputin, looking at the Maghrib description.

Super review @Andre

I just love the way you described it. You are giving me ideas ;-)

Have been busy with Poison Elite for about 2 days at 0.85 ohms on the REO.
I am enjoying it but finding it difficult to come up with accurate descriptions of the flavour...
You did well there sir!

I've been craving this badboy for a few months now...
any one know where to find it? Is it still being produced/imported locally?

I've been craving this badboy for a few months now...
any one know where to find it? Is it still being produced/imported locally?

I doubt it very much @CraftyZA
I got mine from RevnLucky7 when he was still running SubOhmVapor I think
Perhaps start a thread in "who has stock"

The part I dont like about some of these super international juices is they are sometimes discontinued and if you really like it then you are in trouble.

I doubt it very much @CraftyZA
I got mine from RevnLucky7 when he was still running SubOhmVapor I think
Perhaps start a thread in "who has stock"

The part I dont like about some of these super international juices is they are sometimes discontinued and if you really like it then you are in trouble.
I remember.I still bought 3k worth of juice the day BEFORE he sold all his stock at 50%.
I just really need/want a propper net to vape again. NETs never really took of they way they should have.
I'm still on the 18mg band wagon, and still prefer the darker profiles. I've bought an rx200 and griffin and sold it 3 months later. I'm just not the locomotive type.

I remember.I still bought 3k worth of juice the day BEFORE he sold all his stock at 50%.
I just really need/want a propper net to vape again. NETs never really took of they way they should have.
I'm still on the 18mg band wagon, and still prefer the darker profiles. I've bought an rx200 and griffin and sold it 3 months later. I'm just not the locomotive type.
Modnworld.com still produces these great juices. In fact I see they have quite a few new ones. No one imports them as far as I know. Matador and Poison Elite are tops for me.

We should have a serious talk with @Cruzz_33 from Drip Society about importing a selection of their juices.

And hopefuly they can bring in 18mg. Sucks when you walk into a store and ask for 18mg and they look at you like you crazy

Back