Tark's Select Reserve - Juice Reviews

Not saying the Kayfun will spoil it, but i'm a dripper, and once you've dripped something, it just doesn't taste the same in anything else for me.

Not saying the Kayfun will spoil it, but i'm a dripper, and once you've dripped something, it just doesn't taste the same in anything else for me.

I'm totally with you on drippers, but the tech is not quite there for me to make the switch yet. I need at least 30 - 40W on a regulated setup that gives me at least 4/5 hours of vaping. I LOVE what I'm getting flavor wise at 30W on my Quasar and right now my bloody 18490 tube is NOT helping. Reminds me... check stock levels of tubes...

We're at the mercy of Tark for more Poison stock.
I don't know how often he makes this stuff. Will check in with him during the week.

I got a DNA30 this week, used it on Friday with some everyday juice in the Kayfun, but whenever i see myself going for something, it end up being the Mech with Blackbird... Stop it, bad boy... did you see that, my hand just automatically went for the Blackbird again.. :eek:

I would actually like to hear what @TylerD and @Andre has to say about it, maybe i can go dig abit more then..maybe just some notes to go look for.

Tarks Select Reserve POISON ELITE

Oh my goodness!!! Go straight to the top. This is so worth the money for my taste. Initial impressions (Aqua dual coils, 0.6 ohms, Ekowool) - so many layers, but a light/mild tobacco and some fruits, is it grapefruit I am tasting, a little most refreshing tartness on the aftertaste (which I love) and something else not yet identified. A hint of some spice? The most refreshing tobacco juice ever. It is sweet, but it is not sweet at all - the perfect balance for all day vaping. This is perfection, like your best Cognac or best single malt whisky.

After about 2 ml on the Aqua loaded a Reo Grand with RM2, at 0.75 ohms/single coil/ceramic wick, with Poison Elite. The same great taste, if anything a tad less sweet. This is a difficult juice to pin down, the one moment you get a nice deep tobacco note, the next moment it is much lighter, almost a cigarette aroma. The sweetness also seems to fluctuate, sometimes it feels as if you are catching a sweet note, the next it is gone. But the aftertaste is never sweet, almost, but also not quite, tart. I think this is a juice one will not easily tire of.

Looking forward to hear other impressions on this one.

Tarks Select Reserve POISON ELITE

Oh my goodness!!! Go straight to the top. This is so worth the money for my taste. Initial impressions (Aqua dual coils, 0.6 ohms, Ekowool) - so many layers, but a light/mild tobacco and some fruits, is it grapefruit I am tasting, a little most refreshing tartness on the aftertaste (which I love) and something else not yet identified. A hint of some spice? The most refreshing tobacco juice ever. It is sweet, but it is not sweet at all - the perfect balance for all day vaping. This is perfection, like your best Cognac or best single malt whisky.

After about 2 ml on the Aqua loaded a Reo Grand with RM2, at 0.75 ohms/single coil/ceramic wick, with Poison Elite. The same great taste, if anything a tad less sweet. This is a difficult juice to pin down, the one moment you get a nice deep tobacco note, the next moment it is much lighter, almost a cigarette aroma. The sweetness also seems to fluctuate, sometimes it feels as if you are catching a sweet note, the next it is gone. But the aftertaste is never sweet, almost, but also not quite, tart. I think this is a juice one will not easily tire of.

Looking forward to hear other impressions on this one.
Can't wait for mine

Thank you @Andre.. It's very difficult to explain this juice. And since English is my 3rd language, nonsense being 2nd :) I think your discription is very good. I pick up more of a lime, like a green lime fresh off the tree. I'm with you on the sweetness that is there but not there. In all honesty, my first impression was, Tark took all of his juices and made a blend out of them... I get the "flowery" aspect from Maghrib in there sometimes. Other times the Spiced rum from port royal, but VERy faint.. maybe im going crazy... Maybe i should stick to pure VG:eek:

Just got my package, and looks like some of the poison leaked into the bubblewrap.
Troy and Blackbird are intact.

Hope i didnt loose much... :) will taste and post initial impressions soon.

Just got my package, and looks like some of the poison leaked into the bubblewrap.
Troy and Blackbird are intact.

Hope i didnt loose much... :) will taste and post initial impressions soon.

It's the bloody corks.
I tried to strap everyones down. Same problem Blackbird use to have before they switched corks.
If I'm going to bring Poison in again I want Tark to do some kind of screw cap for us. Maybe even plastic bottles. They are not designed for shipping well AT ALL and the juice is too expensive to have this happen with 50% of the bottles.

Mine had no issue..and none of my WB had that issue... This is kind of off topic Rev, but is there anyway you can get Phillip Rocke - Grand Reserve - Creme De La Creme? I would kick my mother off a bridge to get some of that..

ok this is a VERY Light Juice, or my tastebuds are fried.
I will have to spend some more time with it, but do i taste candied ginger and spice?!??!?!

Mine had no issue..and none of my WB had that issue... This is kind of off topic Rev, but is there anyway you can get Phillip Rocke - Grand Reserve - Creme De La Creme? I would kick my mother off a bridge to get some of that..

I actaully have some of it in my cart in the US.
As to stocking it - it's very posssible but very hard - pre orders go in three months in advance as it steeps for two months and they only allow shops to carry like 200 bottles at a time.

If I placed an order now - we'd probably have in November.
I like the idea, but it's dead money until then. Right now I can't do frozen cashflow.

Maghrib
Maghrib-500x300_grande.jpg

Mod: 134 mini (18500 mode)
Watts/Volts: 8 to 12.5 watts

Atomiser: Kangertech Aerotank Mega (stock head)
Coil Resistance: 2.0 ohms
Wicking Material: Silica

Strength: 12mg
Price: 30ml @ R250 - R8.33/ml
Website: http://www.subohmvapor.co.za/collections/tark-s-select-reserve/products/maghrib

Website blurb:
Description:
The exotic flavor of Maghrib will captivate your imagination with images and aromas of exotic fruit and mouthwatering sweets of Moorish bazaars and the forbidden pleasures of sultan's harem. A full bodied, complex juice that carries hints of dried fruits and oriental desserts.

Taste Notes From SΩV:
Maghrib is extremely complex. The description above is probably closer to doing it justice than we ever could hope to. We can't pick out a single flavor and above said description sums it about it, only doesn't do it any justice. Another top shelf flavor from Select Reserve! You want this in your rotation!

Reviewer Notes:
The tastes and aromas I have encountered with Maghrib are definitely reminiscent of dried fruits and spot on to the site blurb in being a very oriental kind of flavour. Not spicy, think more exotic oriental dessert or fruit. I have travelled to the middle east and usually am not a huge fan of overly oriental smells that attack your olfactory senses with kebab skewers and perfume tear gas leaving you with a splitting headache that lasts as long the ottoman empire's rule. Maghrib isn't that. It's controlled and subtle making it quite delectable. Flavour is plenty vivid without being so much that it punches you in the face. It's enough to taste it and enjoy it.

In my aforementioned travels I have also come across a sweet similar to a dried fruit roll that is orange-ish in appearance, very sticky and has a wonderful apricot/peach flavour with a bit of an oriental spin. The locals in the east call it Khata Papir and Tark's Maghrib goes a long way to vividly reminding me of snacking on that delicious treat even though the flavour is not distinctly peach or apricot. You can't quite place the exact flavours that come together in Maghrib, they just are. And whatever they are, the end result works oh so well!

Vapor production on this juice was satisfying. Volume of vapor was good. The consistency of the vapor (more important in my opinion than volune) was superb. Smooth and silky puffs is what Tark delivers on the back of that intriguing medley of oriental flavor. Throat hit is mild but ever present at 12mg.

For me, the juice is at home playing at around 9 to 10 watts with loads of airflow to lift the flavour. I found very high watts to make the flavour burst open but almost in an over-ripe kind of way which didn't suit my tastes. However, taking it up to the max of the 134 mini at 12.5 watts didn't scorch the juice at all.

All in all, a clear winner and one that will undoubtedly be added to my favourite juice rotation.

Similar to: Nothing else I have ever vaped.
Avoid if: you don't enjoy oriental flavours.

Nom rating: 4. nom nom nom

Maghrib
Maghrib-500x300_grande.jpg

Mod: 134 mini (18500 mode)
Watts/Volts: 8 to 12.5 watts

Atomiser: Kangertech Aerotank Mega (stock head)
Coil Resistance: 2.0 ohms
Wicking Material: Silica

Strength: 12mg
Price: 30ml @ R250 - R8.33/ml
Website: http://www.subohmvapor.co.za/collections/tark-s-select-reserve/products/maghrib

Website blurb:
Description:
The exotic flavor of Maghrib will captivate your imagination with images and aromas of exotic fruit and mouthwatering sweets of Moorish bazaars and the forbidden pleasures of sultan's harem. A full bodied, complex juice that carries hints of dried fruits and oriental desserts.

Taste Notes From SΩV:
Maghrib is extremely complex. The description above is probably closer to doing it justice than we ever could hope to. We can't pick out a single flavor and above said description sums it about it, only doesn't do it any justice. Another top shelf flavor from Select Reserve! You want this in your rotation!

Reviewer Notes:
The tastes and aromas I have encountered with Maghrib are definitely reminiscent of dried fruits and spot on to the site blurb in being a very oriental kind of flavour. Not spicy, think more exotic oriental dessert or fruit. I have travelled to the middle east and usually am not a huge fan of overly oriental smells that attack your olfactory senses with kebab skewers and perfume tear gas leaving you with a splitting headache that lasts as long the ottoman empire's rule. Maghrib isn't that. It's controlled and subtle making it quite delectable. Flavour is plenty vivid without being so much that it punches you in the face. It's enough to taste it and enjoy it.

In my aforementioned travels I have also come across a sweet similar to a dried fruit roll that is orange-ish in appearance, very sticky and has a wonderful apricot/peach flavour with a bit of an oriental spin. The locals in the east call it Khata Papir and Tark's Maghrib goes a long way to vividly reminding me of snacking on that delicious treat even though the flavour is not distinctly peach or apricot. You can't quite place the exact flavours that come together in Maghrib, they just are. And whatever they are, the end result works oh so well!

Vapor production on this juice was satisfying. Volume of vapor was good. The consistency of the vapor (more important in my opinion than volune) was superb. Smooth and silky puffs is what Tark delivers on the back of that intriguing medley of oriental flavor. Throat hit is mild but ever present at 12mg.

For me, the juice is at home playing at around 9 to 10 watts with loads of airflow to lift the flavour. I found very high watts to make the flavour burst open but almost in an over-ripe kind of way which didn't suit my tastes. However, taking it up to the max of the 134 mini at 12.5 watts didn't scorch the juice at all.

All in all, a clear winner and one that will undoubtedly be added to my favourite juice rotation.

Similar to: Nothing else I have ever vaped.
Avoid if: you don't enjoy oriental flavours.

Nom rating: 4. nom nom nom
Well written review bro :D

Doesn't sound like my kind of juice but your review has peaked my interest!

Hi all

This is the second of my Tark's Select Reserve reviews. It is of their Old Gold flavour. This is said to be a classic take on RY4. So I was quite excited to vape it.

I bought it from SubOhmVapor. Old Gold cost me R250 for 30ml. Not cheap at R8.33 per ml. The juice is 50/50 PG/VG and I got the 18mg strength.

I have been vaping Old Gold for two weeks in the REO. Here goes...

Tark's Select Reserve - OLD GOLD (18mg)

Bottom line - this is a pleasant, mild, good quality RY4 which I enjoyed vaping. I like it for its ongoing vapability and warmness. But it just doesn't have that "something special" that grips me so I probably will not be re-ordering.

The liquid has a red/orange colour. It has a mild tobacco smell but also a slightly unpleasant smell of something old and dusty.

This is definitely a complex juice with several flavours blended well together. On first vape I realised this is a refined juice. I get the mild tobacco as the lead flavour, then a bit of caramel and a very slight vanilla flavour. The flavours are not strong. It's a mild flavoured juice for me, which makes it nicely vapable on an ongoing basis. I also picked up a slight spicyness to it, which I quite like.

This is not a sweet juice. I liked this. Together with its mild flavour it makes it easy to vape continuously. It is on the wetter side and there are no chemical or unnatural tastes. The juice has a warmness to it and there is something addictive to it that draws you back for more.

Throat hit was medium. Initially it felt a bit stronger but it calmed down as I vaped it more. I have been through several REO refills with fresh batteries but I think as one gets more used to it the throat hit mellows out somewhat. I did find myself often wanting a bit more throat hit.

The juice is very smooth and vapes very well. It does gunk up the coil and wick a bit more than usual. This is more of a mellow type of vape, not a bold knock you out type. Makes it good for ongoing vaping.

I found vapour production to be good. On par for a 50/50 juice.

The aftertaste is mild. However I did find that sometimes I got a strange "old dusty" flavour that lingered in the aftertaste. It wasn't very bad just a bit unpleasant to my taste buds. As I got used to the juice I noticed this less but it was still there.

Overall this is a great mild RY4 and I liked it for its mild tobacco lead flavour and ongoing vapability. It is a pleasant vape but it doesn't have "that something special" for me. Although I liked it and enjoyed vaping it I probably won't be re-ordering it at the price.

If you like RY4 type juices and want something that is not sweet, I'd say give this a try.

Tark Old Gold and REO.jpg

Packaging:
- I think the packaging is decent. Dark coloured bottles with a simple screw cap
- It is quite unique looking - like a little bottle of alcohol - neat - with an "old fashioned" type of logo and what looks like handwritten particulars
- The flavour, nic strength and quantity is there - but there is no PG/VG ratio. I had to do some Googling for that.
- A negative once again is that you need a pipette or blunt needle syringe to load the juice. And once again, when open, don't knock the bottle over or you will spill your juice
- the cap is not of the "child-deterrent" type

Equipment used:
- REO Grand/RM2 with 0.85 ohm coil - cotton wick - (16 to 21 Watts, depending on battery level)

Hi all

This is the second of my Tark's Select Reserve reviews. It is of their Old Gold flavour. This is said to be a classic take on RY4. So I was quite excited to vape it.

I bought it from SubOhmVapor. Old Gold cost me R250 for 30ml. Not cheap at R8.33 per ml. The juice is 50/50 PG/VG and I got the 18mg strength.

I have been vaping Old Gold for two weeks in the REO. Here goes...

Tark's Select Reserve - OLD GOLD (18mg)

Bottom line - this is a pleasant, mild, good quality RY4 which I enjoyed vaping. I like it for its ongoing vapability and warmness. But it just doesn't have that "something special" that grips me so I probably will not be re-ordering.

The liquid has a red/orange colour. It has a mild tobacco smell but also a slightly unpleasant smell of something old and dusty.

This is definitely a complex juice with several flavours blended well together. On first vape I realised this is a refined juice. I get the mild tobacco as the lead flavour, then a bit of caramel and a very slight vanilla flavour. The flavours are not strong. It's a mild flavoured juice for me, which makes it nicely vapable on an ongoing basis. I also picked up a slight spicyness to it, which I quite like.

This is not a sweet juice. I liked this. Together with its mild flavour it makes it easy to vape continuously. It is on the wetter side and there are no chemical or unnatural tastes. The juice has a warmness to it and there is something addictive to it that draws you back for more.

Throat hit was medium. Initially it felt a bit stronger but it calmed down as I vaped it more. I have been through several REO refills with fresh batteries but I think as one gets more used to it the throat hit mellows out somewhat. I did find myself often wanting a bit more throat hit.

The juice is very smooth and vapes very well. It does gunk up the coil and wick a bit more than usual. This is more of a mellow type of vape, not a bold knock you out type. Makes it good for ongoing vaping.

I found vapour production to be good. On par for a 50/50 juice.

The aftertaste is mild. However I did find that sometimes I got a strange "old dusty" flavour that lingered in the aftertaste. It wasn't very bad just a bit unpleasant to my taste buds. As I got used to the juice I noticed this less but it was still there.

Overall this is a great mild RY4 and I liked it for its mild tobacco lead flavour and ongoing vapability. It is a pleasant vape but it doesn't have "that something special" for me. Although I liked it and enjoyed vaping it I probably won't be re-ordering it at the price.

If you like RY4 type juices and want something that is not sweet, I'd say give this a try.

View attachment 7953

Packaging:
- I think the packaging is decent. Dark coloured bottles with a simple screw cap
- It is quite unique looking - like a little bottle of alcohol - neat - with an "old fashioned" type of logo and what looks like handwritten particulars
- The flavour, nic strength and quantity is there - but there is no PG/VG ratio. I had to do some Googling for that.
- A negative once again is that you need a pipette or blunt needle syringe to load the juice. And once again, when open, don't knock the bottle over or you will spill your juice
- the cap is not of the "child-deterrent" type

Equipment used:
- REO Grand/RM2 with 0.85 ohm coil - cotton wick - (16 to 21 Watts, depending on battery level)
Awesome review and piture @Silver !

I'm always amazed at your ability to describe the juice so well @Silver, nice review indeed.

I'm always amazed at your ability to describe the juice so well @Silver, nice review indeed.

Many thanks @Alex. Much appreciated! Am enjoying the juices and the reviews...

another awesome review, thanks so much for taking the time to write such well analyzed reviews, it makes for a great and very informative read :rock: yes you got it Silver, you rock dude!!! :rock:

another awesome review, thanks so much for taking the time to write such well analyzed reviews, it makes for a great and very informative read :rock: yes you got it Silver, you rock dude!!! :rock:

Thank you @Metal Liz -
blushing ;-)

Will definitely include in my next order - I did however finished 30ml of Tark's Select Reserve - Aztec last week :eek: and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Great!

I found Aztec was too sweet for me - and reminded me quite a bit of 5Pawns Gambit - which was not for me.

Back