Tark's Select Reserve - Juice Reviews

Great!

I found Aztec was too sweet for me - and reminded me quite a bit of 5Pawns Gambit - which was not for me.

I agree its on the sweet side, but pairs very well with an ice cold bitter (beer).

Tark's Select Reserve Poison Elite (18 mg)

jZsfSqD.jpg

Have been vaping Poison Elite since 27 June 2014.

My first impressions: And of course I could not resist. Oh my goodness!!! Go straight to the top. This is so worth the money for my taste. Initial impressions (Aqua dual coils, 0.6 ohms, Ekowool) - so many layers, but a light/mild tobacco and some fruits, is it grapefruit I am tasting, a little most refreshing tartness on the aftertaste (which I love) and something else not yet identified. A hint of some spice? The most refreshing tobacco juice ever. It is sweet, but it is not sweet at all - the perfect balance for all day vaping. This is perfection, like your best Cognac or best single malt whisky.

Impressions now: Subsequently vaped it on a Reo at 0.7 ohms, single ceramic coil and currently in a real Russian 91% with 2 mm Ekowool figure 8 type wick, ribbon wire at 0.9 Ω.

Poison Elite is never exactly the same, but always bliss. The inhale is always the most satisfying full mouthfeel, the closest thing on mouthfeel to a real analogue I have experienced so far. The same with the exhale. Accompanied by a mild but full tobacco taste, reminiscent of Rum & Maple. And always in the background the sweet, but not sweet notes of fruit, perfectly balanced for me. I found that the lower the resistance the more tart those background fruit notes are. On 0.9 ohms the balance is on the spot for me.

At R400.00 for 40 ml this juice is not cheap, but so worth the money. A juice one will not tire of, ever. Waiting anxiously for @RevnLucky7 to re-open the booking list.

jZsfSqD.jpg

My first impressions: And of course I could not resist. Oh my goodness!!! Go straight to the top. This is so worth the money for my taste. Initial impressions (Aqua dual coils, 0.6 ohms, Ekowool) - so many layers, but a light/mild tobacco and some fruits, is it grapefruit I am tasting, a little most refreshing tartness on the aftertaste (which I love) and something else not yet identified. A hint of some spice? The most refreshing tobacco juice ever. It is sweet, but it is not sweet at all - the perfect balance for all day vaping. This is perfection, like your best Cognac or best single malt whisky.

Impressions now: Subsequently vaped it on a Reo at 0.7 ohms, single ceramic coil and currently in a real Russian 91% with 2 mm Ekowool figure 8 type wick, ribbon wire at 0.9 Ω.

Poison Elite is never exactly the same, but always bliss. The inhale is always the most satisfying full mouthfeel, the closest thing on mouthfeel to a real analogue I have experienced so far. The same with the exhale. Accompanied by a mild but full tobacco taste, reminiscent of Rum & Maple. And always in the background the sweet, but not sweet notes of fruit, perfectly balanced for me. I found that the lower the resistance the more tart those background fruit notes are. On 0.9 ohms the balance is on the spot for me.

At R400.00 for 40 ml this juice is not cheap, but so worth the money. A juice one will not tire of, ever. Waiting anxiously for @RevnLucky7 to re-open the booking list.
Awesome review @Andre ! I agree 100%. Really something special this juice. But again, for me, other people might not like it at all.
Yes it's R.400 for 40ml, But 5P are R.350 for 30ml.
Will buy it any day!

jZsfSqD.jpg

Super review @Andre

I just love the way you described it. You are giving me ideas ;-)

Have been busy with Poison Elite for about 2 days at 0.85 ohms on the REO.
I am enjoying it but finding it difficult to come up with accurate descriptions of the flavour...
You did well there sir!

Super review @Andre

I just love the way you described it. You are giving me ideas ;-)

Have been busy with Poison Elite for about 2 days at 0.85 ohms on the REO.
I am enjoying it but finding it difficult to come up with accurate descriptions of the flavour...
You did well there sir!
Thx, yip, flavour chameleon par excellence....took me 2 weeks just to attempt to pin down the constants. Becoming a Tark's addict.

OK, so my taste buds where a bit off but it is a light juice.
WOW. I still cannot put my finger on the various ingredients but this is crack. I have caught myself vaping mindlessly on this at about 10W on a 1.5 ohm coil, and when I put it down, it feels like I'm missing something. Similar to blackbird this also let's my mouth water but a sip of water solves that. It is pleasantly weird. Spicey tobacco with exotic fruit undertones. It's not my favourite but it's right up there and could turn out to be an ADV because it has addictive properties..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Mini review as no good with words peeps:

Maghrib
Tark's Select Reserve

Purchased from the King of Juice Supply - SubOhmVapor.
Service - Excellent

Packaging - Awesome (one thing though - will a metal cap not effect the juice over time???)

Used MVP and Protank mini 2
I have heard a lot about this juice and read a number of reviews before buying it. To say I was excited is an understatement. Cleaned tank and setup new coil. Filled her up while taking in the mysterious aromas. Could smell chocolate, spice and fruit. I was not really impressed with the first couple vapes and thought what is this??? It didn't take long though before I realised what I had here. It blows my mind to think someone can actually create something so complex and different as this juice. No doubt a master at his craft. I just keep going on different journeys with this stuff. Its amazing!!! Full on natural pipesh tobacco with a dark choc (little bitter) layer and then those exotic dried fruits dance around your palette creating for me one of the best vapes I have had. I'm use to 6 or 9mg and I could only get it in a 12mg. The throat hit was a bit more than I'm use to but not too bad. I would not use this as an ADV though. It's too precious for that and I don't want to overkill it.

Amazing stuff and will be ordering more soon.

I was not really impressed with the first couple vapes and thought what is this??? It didn't take long though before I realised what I had here. It blows my mind to think someone can actually create something so complex and different as this juice.

Welcome to "BUD SHOCK"

Purchased from the King of Juice Supply - SubOhmVapor.
Service - Excellent

Give that man a bells!

Hi all

This is the third of my Tark's Select Reserve reviews. It is of their "small batch" run Poison Elite flavour. They only do these in small batches and are seldom available.

I bought it from SubOhmVapor. Poison Elite cost me R400 for 40ml, so it's not cheap at R10/ml. The juice is 50/50 PG/VG and I got the 18mg strength.

I have been vaping Poison Elite for about 10 days in the REO. Here goes...

Tark's Select Reserve - POISON ELITE (18mg)

Bottom line - this is a deeply satisfying vape that grew on me. I like it for its mild tobacco taste and the mysterious sweetness that goes with it. It punches solidly yet has a calmness to it that makes it vapable on an ongoing basis. What a great juice. I will definitely re-order.

The liquid has an orange reddish colour. Definitely looks like a poison of some kind ;-). It smells quite rich and sweet. Has a bit of a liqueur smell to it.

Tarks Poison.jpg

The flavour of this juice is not easy to describe. My impressions of it changed over the time I vaped it. At first I liked it but found it a bit strange. Then after a day or two I was more into it yet confused as to whether it was sweet or savory. But after a few days I grew to like it more and more and was reaching for it all the time. I really like this juice a lot now.

On the first vape, I picked up a very pleasant medium tobacco taste with something sweet in the background. Or was it something slightly bitter? Not easy to describe this. It is quite unique. Initially it was okay, but my tastebuds found these background accents a bit strange. Possibly because I couldn't place it properly. But as the days went on, I enjoyed this taste more and more and it didn't seem strange at all. The mild tobacco is still the main feature - its not harsh or strong - just right. The sweet accents are now very pleasant - they complement the tobacco superbly. It's very subtle though. Don't laugh but something about this sweetness reminds me of those milk bottle sweets I had as a kid. Could also be the powdery nature of the vape. I also said this about the Witchers Brew Blackbird juice. Maybe my taste buds are tuned for those ;-) The description of this juice refers to "ever so slight fruit accents". They are right about it being ever so slight. But exactly what fruit this is remains a mystery. For me, it's not the main feature of the vape anyway, just a slight complement. It's not like vaping a fruit-flavoured juice at all. Just a slight feint sweetness to the tobacco main flavour. Lovely.

The flavours in this juice are quite mild, not in your face. Yet it is flavoursome.

It leans toward the sweeter side of the spectrum, but it's not a sweet juice. Its quite confusing since I sometimes felt it was more of a savory juice than a sweet juice. Perhaps its just the right mix between the tobacco and the sweetness which makes it confusing. It's on the drier side, not a wet vape. It has a nice warmness to it that makes you want more. It is natural tasting - no strange artificial tastes.

On the throat hit, Poison Elite satisfies me. The throat hit is medium to strong. But it changes. Sometimes it's medium and sometimes it punches a bit harder. It doesn't have that "sharpness" to the punch that some juices have. It's more of a smooth but firm rubbing. Very pleasant nonetheless.

This juice vapes beautifully. Super smooth and it has a puffy powdery texture. Premium quality in my book. It is quite a bold vape even though the flavours are mild. I found it deeply satisfying. Cravings for a vape are well taken care of with this juice. Yet, despite this boldness I think it has huge all day vape potential because it is so subtle. I know it sounds strange - how can a juice be subtle yet be bold at the same time. It is strange but that is how it feels and tastes to me.

The aftertaste is of medium strength. It leaves a savory tobacco taste with a slight bitterness in the mouth, which stays for a while. I found it very pleasant.

There were some minor negatives with this juice. Sometimes I found it made me a bit bilious if I vaped it too much and before eating - perhaps because it is quite a rich vape. A minor negative was I found that vaping this juice made me extremely thirsty. I was always reaching for my bottle of water when vaping this, more so than with other juices.

I vaped this at all times of the day. I found it best after meals and when I was badly in need of a vape. It is deeply satisfying.

I think tobacco lovers will enjoy this juice and should give it a try. It has a uniqueness to it that is difficult to describe but grows on you.

Packaging:
- I think the packaging is nice. It has it's flaws but overall it is quite unique.
- A clear glass bottle with a wax sealed cork makes it cool.
- However, removing the wax was not easy for me. I didn't want to damage the cork underneath. I broke little pieces of the wax off piece by piece and eventually just ripped it off.
- Using the bottle afterward is okay, but I don't like the cork. While it's cool and premium, you always get a bit sticky when handling it - not to mention some juice wastage from running down the sides of the cork.
- A negative is that you will need a pipette or a syringe - and once again, be extra careful you don't knock over the bottle once the cork is off. You will spill your juice.
- The flavour, nic strength and quantity is clearly marked on the label. But there is no mention of the PG/VG ratio. It is however on SubOhmVapor's website.
- This is not a "child-deterrent" bottle, so keep it away from children

Equipment used:
- REO Grand/RM2 with 0.9 ohm coil - cotton wick - (15 to 20 Watts, depending on battery level)

Last edited:
Hi all

This is the third of my Tark's Select Reserve reviews. It is of their "small batch" run Poison Elite flavour. They only do these in small batches and are seldom available.

I bought it from SubOhmVapor. Poison Elite cost me R400 for 40ml, so it's not cheap at R10/ml. The juice is 50/50 PG/VG and I got the 18mg strength.

Bottom line - this is a deeply satisfying vape that grew on me. I like it for its mild tobacco taste and the mysterious sweetness that goes with it. It punches solidly yet has a calmness to it that makes it vapable on an ongoing basis. What a great juice. I will definitely re-order.

The liquid has an orange reddish colour. Definitely looks like a poison of some kind ;-). It smells quite rich and sweet. Has a bit of a liqueur smell to it.

View attachment 8370

The flavour of this juice is not easy to describe. My impressions of it changed over the time I vaped it. At first I liked it but found it a bit strange. Then after a day or two I was more into it yet confused as to whether it was sweet or savory. But after a few days I grew to like it more and more and was reaching for it all the time. I really like this juice a lot now.

On the first vape, I picked up a very pleasant medium tobacco taste with something sweet in the background. Or was it something slightly bitter? Not easy to describe this. It is quite unique. Initially it was okay, but my tastebuds found these background accents a bit strange. Possibly because I couldn't place it properly. But as the days went on, I enjoyed this taste more and more and it didn't seem strange at all. The mild tobacco is still the main feature - its not harsh or strong - just right. The sweet accents are now very pleasant - they complement the tobacco superbly. It's very subtle though. Don't laugh but something about this sweetness reminds me of those milk bottle sweets I had as a kid. Could also be the powdery nature of the vape. I also said this about the Witchers Brew Blackbird juice. Maybe my taste buds are tuned for those ;-) The description of this juice refers to "ever so slight fruit accents". They are right about it being ever so slight. But exactly what fruit this is remains a mystery. For me, it's not the main feature of the vape anyway, just a slight complement. It's not like vaping a fruit-flavoured juice at all. Just a slight feint sweetness to the tobacco main flavour. Lovely.

The flavours in this juice are quite mild, not in your face. Yet it is flavoursome.

It leans toward the sweeter side of the spectrum, but it's not a sweet juice. Its quite confusing since I sometimes felt it was more of a savory juice than a sweet juice. Perhaps its just the right mix between the tobacco and the sweetness which makes it confusing. It's on the drier side, not a wet vape. It has a nice warmness to it that makes you want more. It is natural tasting - no strange artificial tastes.

On the throat hit, Poison Elite satisfies me. The throat hit is medium to strong. But it changes. Sometimes it's medium and sometimes it punches a bit harder. It doesn't have that "sharpness" to the punch that some juices have. It's more of a smooth but firm rubbing. Very pleasant nonetheless.

This juice vapes beautifully. Super smooth and it has a puffy powdery texture. Premium quality in my book. It is quite a bold vape even though the flavours are mild. I found it deeply satisfying. Cravings for a vape are well taken care of with this juice. Yet, despite this boldness I think it has huge all day vape potential because it is so subtle. I know it sounds strange - how can a juice be subtle yet be bold at the same time. It is strange but that is how it feels and tastes to me.

The aftertaste is of medium strength. It leaves a savory tobacco taste with a slight bitterness in the mouth, which stays for a while. I found it very pleasant.

There were some minor negatives with this juice. Sometimes I found it made me a bit bilious if I vaped it too much and before eating - perhaps because it is quite a rich vape. A minor negative was I found that vaping this juice made me extremely thirsty. I was always reaching for my bottle of water when vaping this, more so than with other juices.

I vaped this at all times of the day. I found it best after meals and when I was badly in need of a vape. It is deeply satisfying.

I think tobacco lovers will enjoy this juice and should give it a try. It has a uniqueness to it that is difficult to describe but grows on you.

Packaging:
- I think the packaging is nice. It has it's flaws but overall it is quite unique.
- However, removing the wax was not easy for me. I didn't want to damage the cork underneath. I broke little pieces of the wax off piece by piece and eventually just ripped it off.
- Using the bottle afterward is okay, but I don't like the cork. While it's cool and premium, you always get a bit sticky when handling it - not to mention some juice wastage from running down the sides of the cork.
- A negative is that you will need a pipette or a syringe - and once again, be extra careful you don't knock over the bottle once the cork is off. You will spill your juice.
- The flavour, nic strength and quantity is clearly marked on the label. But there is no mention of the PG/VG ratio. It is however on SubOhmVapor's website.
- this is not a "child-deterrent" bottle, so keep it away from children

Equipment used:
- REO Grand/RM2 with 0.9 ohm coil - cotton wick - (15 to 20 Watts, depending on battery level)
The King of vape reviews! Awesome as always @Silver ! I love this juice!

Hi all

View attachment 8370

Packaging:
- this is not a "child-deterrent" bottle, so keep it away from children

Equipment used:

Awesome Review as always

Like-2.png

Hi all

View attachment 8370

Packaging:
- This is not a "child-deterrent" bottle, so keep it away from children

Equipment used:

Great review as always, thank you for going to the trouble to thoroughly evaluate the juices you review. Your reviews certainly are the benchmark for vapers and juice vendors alike.
Like, @TylerD this is one of my firm favourites and my credit card will just have to take a knock when it becomes available again - when @RevnLucky7?

Great review as always, thank you for going to the trouble to thoroughly evaluate the juices you review. Your reviews certainly are the benchmark for vapers and juice vendors alike.
Like, @TylerD this is one of my firm favourites and my credit card will just have to take a knock when it becomes available again - when @RevnLucky7?

Thank you @Andre - much appreciated!!

I found this one very difficult - but at least the verdict was simple - its a buy! ;-)

I agree, where's the credit card and where is @RevnLucky7

I emailed Tark last week to see how it was going with his relocation.
Unfortunately we are on the back end of his supply list when it comes to Poison as he's probably going to serve is US based clients and die hard fans first. However... he did say he'll be up and running again in August after his relocation.

Promise to beg until I go blue that we get more of this in. I might even ask him to work out a screw cap solution for us as I REALLY do not want to deal with these corks. They are not like the Witcher's corks. Those I trust. If that wax seals gets even the slightest ding you can best your bottom it's going to leak.

What I will say is next time that list opens up... stock up. I'll try get hands on as much as I can though. Maybe we can even put in our own SA order to justify him making a batch.

Brilliant review @Silver - this is definitely great juice. It will be following my dripper to the office tomorrow.
My credit card will also be abused when this is available again.
I think the 120ml bottles would be better @RevnLucky7 ;-)

That I like!

Yeah I'm also leaning towards this. I'll shoot him an e-mail when I'm CT. (I think I found a place by the way). We can arrange a pre-booking to see how much we can bundle together and I'll drop a few bottles on top to justify a batch just for SA.

Last edited:
Hi Ho you are a master reviewer of note! Even the juices you are not crazy about I want to buy just to see if I can get the same nuances out of the juices you are!

If I was a juice manufacturer or reseller I would BEG you to take my juices for a review!

Hi Ho you are a master reviewer of note! Even the juices you are not crazy about I want to buy just to see if I can get the same nuances out of the juices you are!

If I was a juice manufacturer or reseller I would BEG you to take my juices for a review!
I agree 100%

Many thanks @Rob Fisher and @johan
Really appreciate the feedback - Wow

Great review @Silver
I agree with you, mainly with the savoury and sweet taste notes.
I believe that Tark has managed to capture the elusive 5th taste, umami. The pleasantly savoury taste, paired with the mild yet robust tobacco (similar to you mild but bold description) and the sweetness in the rear makes this a legendary vape!

Back