The Boxxer from Odis!

@Rob Fisher , does the boxxer require a special mod to fire the coil on like the exocet?
Or can it fire on any mod when you replacing the coil and need to pulse it?

@Rob Fisher , does the boxxer require a special mod to fire the coil on like the exocet?
Or can it fire on any mod when you replacing the coil and need to pulse it?

Hi Ho @Silver it comes with a little goodie it fits into for that. Have a close look at the pics and you will see it sits in the little cage thingy for firing and pulsing... then it comes out and goes into the BB!
BoxxerFinal04.jpg BoxxerFinal05.jpg BoxxerFinal06.jpg BoxxerFinal07.jpg

Waiting (im)patiently for those first impressions @Rob Fisher

@Darth Vaper it's most certainly a game changer for the BB community! The vape is great and the quality of the finish is great! However, the retail version differs slightly from the prototype that we tested... on the prototype, there was a little lip around the deck and the retail version doesn't have that so if you don't wick it right it leaks out of the back through the seam between the cap and unit... I'm still playing with the retail version and I have found more wick helps... Still getting some leaking but with the wicking in the picture, it seems to be a lot better!

But as far as airflow is concerned it a real winner for those looking for a decent restricted DL vape.

The pic on the left gives an indication of the amount of wick used and the pic on the right is how it should be after tidying it up and moving it away from the posts.
BoxxerWick1.jpg BoxxerWick2.jpg

@Darth Vaper it's most certainly a game changer for the BB community! The vape is great and the quality of the finish is great! However, the retail version differs slightly from the prototype that we tested... on the prototype, there was a little lip around the deck and the retail version doesn't have that so if you don't wick it right it leaks out of the back through the seam between the cap and unit... I'm still playing with the retail version and I have found more wick helps... Still getting some leaking but with the wicking in the picture, it seems to be a lot better!

But as far as airflow is concerned it a real winner for those looking for a decent restricted DL vape.

The pic on the left gives an indication of the amount of wick used and the pic on the right is how it should be after tidying it up and moving it away from the posts.
View attachment 151727 View attachment 151728

It leaks ??????? :eek::eek:

Morning all

My boxxer is still waiting to be used the first time........any new on the fix for the leaking ?

I dont even want to take my out the packaging if it is going to leak on me , do all of them leak or just some ?

Best bet until the fix arrives is to take a neatly cut piece of electrical tape and once you have put the boxxer together take the tape and seal off the two halves all the way around but not over the glass front. this will resolve the issue in the interim.

Any news on the leaking fix ? Have tried the electrical tape but it then wont fit in properly into the mod......at this stage mine is just
Laying in my cubbord.

Very sad considering the hype and the price of this tank , would love to use it.

Any news on the leaking fix ? Have tried the electrical tape but it then wont fit in properly into the mod......at this stage mine is just
Laying in my cubbord.

Very sad considering the hype and the price of this tank , would love to use it.

They are busy making the fix now... yes very sad... Not sure when they will ship the fix but rest assured I will let the world know as soon as I know.

Is anyone using their Boxxer and not having any leaking issues?

Also keen to know. Seems like the Boxxer has been knocked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Using a piece of plumber tape over the seal makes it leakproof... and I know that Odis have solved the issue and production of the fix has started... my guess is we will see the fix available in around 3 weeks or so.

FAIL of NOTE!!
I can't understand how products like these (especially at this price point!) get released without thorough testing...

100% it was rushed to market and they made a small change from the original prototype which wasn't tested!

Using a piece of plumber tape over the seal makes it leakproof... and I know that Odis have solved the issue and production of the fix has started... my guess is we will see the fix available in around 3 weeks or so.
Cause I love the look and idea of this thing plus to find an authentic Exocet or Flow is unbelievably impossible so this looks like a good option.

Are you using yours with the tape?

Cause I love the look and idea of this thing plus to find an authentic Exocet or Flow is unbelievably impossible so this looks like a good option.

If you want a flow send me a pm :D
I have 2.

The Flow is still the bridge for me... but I am using the Boxxer occasionally... if you wick it a special way the leaking is really kept to a minimum... but my go to set up is still my army of Dvarw's

Thanks Rob , does that mean that the fix you were testing turned out not to be a fix ?

Back