Reonaut
VIP
LV

Awards
Rebuilt my Chalice III from this

Jm5maZr.jpg

to this, 5 wraps of 26g Kanthal, 2.5mm ID, 0.61 ohms, 3mm ceramic wick

Rd2q2aU.jpg

Have been vaping this setup on my Mini for a few days now, with various juices. This little atty is really impressing me. Crisp, clean and very accurate flavour with great throat hit and moderate clouds. No leaking, no matter how hard I squonk, and no gurgling at all. Think the Chalice will become a fixture on my Mini.

6GiNlKY.jpg

Am so glad @Rob Fisher did not like the Chalice!

Looks amazing @Andre
I like that you say it has accurate flavour

I just think you are going to have to keep yourself company in this thread ;-)
I dont see many of us being able to get one of these babies!

There is about to be another release of the Chalice III and there should be enough to go around this time... they should be hitting the stores in the USA maybe this week.

wow. insure that chalice @Andre . it might just "go missing".

Then we can both have 1:p

There is about to be another release of the Chalice III and there should be enough to go around this time... they should be hitting the stores in the USA maybe this week.

Thanks Rob
Whats your rough estimation of the price in the hand in SA for one of these?

130.00 EUR = 1,696.34 ZAR

Add shipping and Vat and documentation because no one wants to ship via the PO... Two grand. Way more than it's worth!

I'm with Rob,two grand is way too much.
The material is good quality,the machining is good but it's no more difficult to do than the cheapest clone and it's not the holy grail of atty's for sure!

I'm with Rob,two grand is way too much.
The material is good quality,the machining is good but it's no more difficult to do than the cheapest clone and it's not the holy grail of atty's for sure!
Ah, @Silver, my company (@Genosmate) for this thread has reported for duty!
I agree it is too expensive for our SA Rand and not the holy grail of atomizers, @Genosmate. Not so sure it will be easy to copy with the intricate air flow control and domed architecture. Have not seen a clone yet. Even the Nuppin has been cloned.

Ah, @Silver, my company (@Genosmate) for this thread has reported for duty!
I agree it is too expensive for our SA Rand and not the holy grail of atomizers, @Genosmate. Not so sure it will be easy to copy with the intricate air flow control and domed architecture. Have not seen a clone yet. Even the Nuppin has been cloned.
I think this may well turn out to be one of the shortest threads on the forum Andre:)

The next run of the Chalice III is about to go on sale. And the nice part is it can be ordered from Reosmods and he will have 200 in stock! ;-)

Mmmm couple of changes between run 1 and 2 of the Chalice 3! Bigger air hole and shorter drip trip and it looks like the 510 screw is slightly shorter too.

ChaliceIII-Run2.jpg

Yes but you've got a Dremmel now and you could mod it;)

That is very true! I could drill it. open the air holes even more, grind it a bit and polish it...however I think the two thousand rand price ticket is a little high for me to be playing with power tools on it. :p

That is very true! I could drill it. open the air holes even more, grind it a bit and polish it...however I think the two thousand rand price ticket is a little high for me to be playing with power tools on it. :p
I agree Rob,even after the Dremel master finished with one it wouldn't be worth 2k.

I'm not a fan of the jock.

Just watch last the 60 seconds ;

1.Expensive.
2.High quality product.
3.Other attys can do a similar job for much less money.

Nuff said.

I'm not a fan of the jock.

Just watch last the 60 seconds ;

1.Expensive.
2.High quality product.
3.Other attys can do a similar job for much less money.

Nuff said.
He also said he would have bought one if he did not receive that one for free.

I have now used the Chalice III for a few months and am most impressed. Other than the most accurate flavour of all my atomizers, it also gives a good throat hit, is totally leak free (in the pocket and in the airplane at varying air pressures). This one is for the dedicated mouth to lung hitters.

Have just ordered a second one directly from Marks Bugs - shipping by Courier is included in the price of 130 Euros. Cheaper than from Reosmods. Expensive for sure, but for me the perfect combination of form and function.

He also said he would have bought one if he did not receive that one for free.

I have now used the Chalice III for a few months and am most impressed. Other than the most accurate flavour of all my atomizers, it also gives a good throat hit, is totally leak free (in the pocket and in the airplane at varying air pressures). This one is for the dedicated mouth to lung hitters.

Have just ordered a second one directly from Marks Bugs - shipping by Courier is included in the price of 130 Euros. Cheaper than from Reosmods. Expensive for sure, but for me the perfect combination of form and function.
Can't argue with your comments Andre,I also use mine every day,just in the evening for a different juice from my ADV.
I have every intention of keeping it but as you will have gathered I doubt I'll get another.

Can't argue with your comments Andre,I also use mine every day,just in the evening for a different juice from my ADV.
I have every intention of keeping it but as you will have gathered I doubt I'll get another.
Lol, the price had me dithering about this one for a few weeks. Late last night my defenses were down and I pressed the button!
What amazes me is that such a little piece of wick can give such a great vape.

Lol, the price had me dithering about this one for a few weeks. Late last night my defenses were down and I pressed the button!
What amazes me is that such a little piece of wick can give such a great vape.
When I get tempted (usually by another Reo) I have to sit on my hands!

I still have mine set up with your slanted coil idea Andre,but when I change I'll try a horizontal coil again with some ceramic wick.

Back