The Chalice Thread

Just a word of caution to new Chalice owners in the form of a post from ECF:

I haven't seen a clone Chalice - but in the real one, several people accidentally collapsed their springs with a short because the deck is SO TINY that the coil - or the end of a wire coming off a post - touched the cap for a short.
Therefore, with a Chalice, you want to test the resistance AGAIN with the CAP ON before you put it on your Reo and fire.
Hopefully, that's it - as it's preventable - and not some other flaw within the atty...it is a low-priced clone...there could be another issue. But if it tested OK when you built it, then shorted with the cap on - that's why - check the wire ends!!

OK time to try the Chalice again... seeing I was Piffed an authentic Chalice by Catfish Atty Mods! 1Ω Microcoil with Rayon! I love the no leaking... but it doesn't compare to the Cyclone yet... I need to keep playing with it...

Chalice 001.JPG

so was it tricky to get the coil in there?

so was it tricky to get the coil in there?

It wasn't as bad when I decided to do the coil between the posts and over the hole... ;-) But the fact that the atty costs about eight million rand and doesn't have hole for the wire drives me to drink! :confused:

Just a word of caution to new Chalice owners in the form of a post from ECF:

I haven't seen a clone Chalice - but in the real one, several people accidentally collapsed their springs with a short because the deck is SO TINY that the coil - or the end of a wire coming off a post - touched the cap for a short.
Therefore, with a Chalice, you want to test the resistance AGAIN with the CAP ON before you put it on your Reo and fire.
Hopefully, that's it - as it's preventable - and not some other flaw within the atty...it is a low-priced clone...there could be another issue. But if it tested OK when you built it, then shorted with the cap on - that's why - check the wire ends!!
Got mine working well, if only the air flow was better.Just can't seem to get a consistent satisfying hit.

The Chalice II and both III versions are excellent for MTL, but not so much so for my DLH's unless they are drilled out. I just slip streamed the DT's on my one CII and 6 CIII's for the short time that I actually used them. I haven't used any of the Chalice's for a very long time, only rarely used some of the Reo Mini's I bought for them that I no longer use any of. At about US $2550 out of pocket for the 7 Chalice's and 7 Reos to run them on they certainly were not my smartest buys.

a07.jpg

Back