Silver

Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
So, this last weekend we were all happy to see @RiaanRed come up to JHB for the Vape Meet and it was great to finally meet the coil master in person.

We had a few chats and I found it remarkable just how much passion @RiaanRed has for making coils.

We had a fairly detailed discussion about the so-called "exotic" coils. Claptons, Aliens, Stapled.... And I learnt a few interesting things.

I asked @RiaanRed what was the main benefit of the Alien coil versus say a normal Clapton. His eyes lit up and he enthusiastically explained it how he sees it. Was very interesting.

@RiaanRed , when you get a chance, please can you explain to us what you explained to me. Would be nice if you included a photo or two to show the comparison so we can see what you are referring to.

This is in your subforum, so please explain and promote your coils as much as you like. We want to hear! :D

Awesome thread , would love to learn about different types of coils and their benefits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a pic of the requested Alien... if you want @RiaanRed to discuss coils please post here because he is free to discuss coils in his own forum...

Alien.jpg

So, this last weekend we were all happy to see @RiaanRed come up to JHB for the Vape Meet and it was great to finally meet the coil master in person.

We had a few chats and I found it remarkable just how much passion @RiaanRed has for making coils.

We had a fairly detailed discussion about the so-called "exotic" coils. Claptons, Aliens, Stapled.... And I learnt a few interesting things.

I asked @RiaanRed what was the main benefit of the Alien coil versus say a normal Clapton. His eyes lit up and he enthusiastically explained it how he sees it. Was very interesting.

@RiaanRed , when you get a chance, please can you explain to us what you explained to me. Would be nice if you included a photo or two to show the comparison so we can see what you are referring to.

This is in your subforum, so please explain and promote your coils as much as you like. We want to hear! :D

Thank you for the kind Words!

I will make a thread this weekend to explain different exotic coils

I must say, your coils look as good as the HE RTA/RDA's. It fits the part. Well done

My Hadaly kit from the sirs arrived today and its just pure bliss! Threw the framed staple in the hadaly again,( saving the alien for when my xxx restock comes, have to try it on a new alien) and installed the square fused clapton in the serpent rdta. Its really hard to make your own coils again after using @RiaanRed 's coils and they last for months if you look after them

20170425_200323.jpg

@RiaanRed I've started experimenting with different coil types. It's still early days and I haven't tried all that many variations, but I find a simple, single wire build (single or dual coil) outperforms the "exotics" that I've tried.

I've tried in different atomizers and with different materials (Ni80, Kanthal and SS) and different wattages.

Apart from getting better quality coils, any other suggestions on how I can get more out of these fancy lumps of metal in order to get a flavorful vape within a broad range of heat.

Thanks dude

@RiaanRed I've started experimenting with different coil types. It's still early days and I haven't tried all that many variations, but I find a simple, single wire build (single or dual coil) outperforms the "exotics" that I've tried.

I've tried in different atomizers and with different materials (Ni80, Kanthal and SS) and different wattages.

Apart from getting better quality coils, any other suggestions on how I can get more out of these fancy lumps of metal in order to get a flavorful vape within a broad range of heat.

Thanks dude
I must say if I can chirp in here, I also tried various fancy coils none that outperformed my own build, but coil company coils are a game changer. I think it boils down to his precision and use of high quality kidney puncher nichrome. I honestly cant rave enough about them

Thank you for the kind Words!

I will make a thread this weekend to explain different exotic coils

@RiaanRed, just tagging you again to remind you to explain the benefits of a well-made Alien for those that do not know...

Would also like to know the difference between Fused Claps vs Aliens vs Framed etc.

Back