The Flavour Mill - Retailer Reviews

RichJB

DIYer
LV

Awards
Ordered yesterday morning, received my order first thing this morning. I'd expect that sort of turnaround Jhb->Jhb or Pta->Jhb, to get it so quickly Richards Bay->Jhb was impressive. Everything was wrapped very securely and I received some extra goodies I hadn't expected, which is always a pleasant surprise. I did have a minor glitch with the order, which @Erica_TFM responded to and rectified (and more!) literally within minutes.

The labels on the bottles contain the same percentage recommendations as are on the website. Although mixing percentages are a notoriously tricky and subjective thing, I think this is a helpful starting point guide for mixers, and something to distinguish The Flavour Mill's attention to detail. As a further customer service, they updated me regularly by email on the progress of my order.

For new mixers, I can highly recommend the scale that The Flavour Mill stock. I bought a similar scale for R30 more from the local China mall and was disappointed with its quality and performance. This scale is streets better and at an unbeatable price. The 200g limit may be an issue for mixers who like to mix more than 100ml of juice at a time. But I rarely mix above 50ml so this is perfect for me.

Overall, top class and very responsive service, I will be buying from them again.

I can only echo the above. Ordered my bits yesterday morning and it waited patiently for me when I got home today. The individually wrapped bottles are a nice touch but I'm not sure whether it is necessary? Maybe it will be your USP...

I also got a little something extra -will keep it a 'secret' so that all the others can find out for themselves!

Love the bottle labeling and in particular the recommended usage - a nice touch!

Good experience, good service, good prices, good range. Actually make it a great experience, great service, great prices and a great range!

Now, what to do with that FA silly rabbit...

6ac4df399819cf0b1603c4cdd692bcc5.jpg

1bea9ef3c5e8cd11653ee61af367b239.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gave these guys a try and although there were some problems the courier company, it was a great pleasure dealing with them. From @DizZa answering all my questions pre sale to @Erica_TFM constantly keeping me updated and following up with the courier post sale.

You often find vendors who don't care much after the sale was made, but they didn't rest until the order was in my hands. The freebie extras and an unexpected item thrown in for what I considered a non-issue was a real nice touch.

I had one bottle that leaked a little, but I suspect it was due to the courier company being careless with the package as the packaging from them was more than sufficient. The only other problem is their Geographical location relating to Cape Town, because they are Outlying it seems they cannot ship overnight to Cape Town. This is not their fault though or a major issue if the service is this good.

I will definitely recommend them and use them again. Their branding is fantastic and I expect their variety to grow as they grow and that can only be a good thing for us consumers. Support these folks and I know they will support and service the community in stellar fashion going forward.

Keep up the good work @DizZa and @Erica_TFM. All the best with your new venture. :thumbsup:

Gave these guys a try and although there were some problems the courier company, it was a great pleasure dealing with them. From @DizZa answering all my questions pre sale to @Erica_TFM constantly keeping me updated and following up with the courier post sale.

You often find vendors who don't care much after the sale was made, but they didn't rest until the order was in my hands. The freebie extras and an unexpected item thrown in for what I considered a non-issue was a real nice touch.

I had one bottle that leaked a little, but I suspect it was due to the courier company being careless with the package as the packaging from them was more than sufficient. The only other problem is their Geographical location relating to Cape Town, because they are Outlying it seems they cannot ship overnight to Cape Town. This is not their fault though or a major issue if the service is this good.

I will definitely recommend them and use them again. Their branding is fantastic and I expect their variety to grow as they grow and that can only be a good thing for us consumers. Support these folks and I know they will support and service the community in stellar fashion going forward.

Keep up the good work @DizZa and @Erica_TFM. All the best with your new venture. :thumbsup:

Hi @Effjh thank you for the kind words! We are learning as we go with the courier, glad you are happy with your order.

We highly appreciate your order and kind words.
Enjoy your goodies and happy vaping!

Last edited by a moderator:
I placed my order yesterday, not only was the website easy to browse, I phoned The Flavour Mill because I made a mistake at check-out and they helped me quickly. The service is friendly, very helpfull and I keep getting updates on the status of my order which is really a nice touch. I'm still waiting for my order but I'm already so happy with the excellent service I've received so far, the best!

Thank you @DizZa and @Erica_TFM , you most definitely have my future support and will really go far in your endeavor with service delivery this good.

I placed my order late Wednesday afternoon and it arrived just after 8am this morning. I think that that is good service, Richards Bay to Midrand. I agree with every post above. The labelling is clear and informative, the service is friendly and efficient and the pricing is great. Thank you @DizZa and @Erica_TFM .

@Erica_TFM @DizZa just received my order and got to say what a fantastic experience. Everything from the site to the delivery went brilliantly, you and your team kept me informed all along the way with constant feedback.
Your prices are phenomenal, you selection fantastic, a really professional team.
You guys even went the extra mile when you saw I missed the Capella launch and what's more impressive is that you didn't even say anything, a lot of suppliers would toot their own horn, but not you guys so I'll toot it for you!
If any forum readers haven't supported these guys yet, DO IT NOW, you won't be disappointed.

You have got a customer for life in me now, no matter what.

Thank you

image.jpeg

@DizZa and @Erica_TFM , thank you so much for the excellent service I received from you. The Flavour Mill will from now on be my go-to vendor when it comes to DIY. You went above and beyond what I expected and I've already refered some other DIY'ers.

I was very impressed with the service I received from the Flavour Mill. I placed a big order on opening day and it went smoothly all things considered. The little IT glitch was dealt with professionally and quickly - and I got a bonus gift to boot!

Thank you @DizZa and @Erica_TFM for the wonderful service you provide us DIYers, your page is bookmarked for the future :thumbup:

The Flavour Mill is my top choice when it comes to DIY supplies!

The service is fantastic with @DizZa and @Erica_TFM always happy to assist. The shipping has always been fast - next day delivery.
My last parcel I actually received at 8am in the morning! Durban to Johannesburg and delivered at 8am, I was really surprised.

Packaging of the goods is great - my concentrates were not individually wrapped but packed together in multiple ziplock bags which is perfect!
Concentrate range is constantly increasing and their flavour request thread works well!

The labels, I absolutely LOVE the labels on the concentrate bottles. They look extremely professional, of high quality, are easy to read, the mixing percentages are a nice touch along with the logo of the company makes it easier to pick out the right flavour as well.

Oh, lets not forget that they stock concentrates which are on the no fly list! I have already found a few recipes I'd like to try which require a few of the no fly flavours and will certainly be picking up more of the no fly list concentrates in the near future! ;)

I highly recommend your next DIY purchase be from The Flavour Mill. :D

I'd like to jump on the band wagon here and say that I buy all my diy goodies from them. Service is always professional, fast, and I have not had a single problem.
In fact, whenever there comes a small little issue, they resolve it efficiently and quickly. (Usually, you get a little "were sorry about that" surprise)

Give them a try, you won't regret it

Ok so 1st time if ordered from TFM. And all i can say is wow. I ordered a small order around 11 am to test the waters. Just before 12 i realized i forgot 5 PET bottles. No issue. They sorted it quickly. With TFM being based in Richards Bay for delivery i expected delivery to be 2 days to the West Rand in JHB. Nope, next day delivery BEFORE 10 IN THE MORNING!!!. PLUS i received something extra as a present. Besides the surprise of the prezzie, their customer service is excellent. Getting next day delivery for a small R500 order is just brilliant. I highly recommend them. Im sure as sh1t will be using them as a regular vendor for my larger orders.

Just a side note, ive always used TFA and INW as concentrates. This is the 1st time ive bought local concentrates, i.e. TFM concentrates. I basically bought the same flavor profiles I usually use from TFA and INW so that i can do a real comparison. They do smell wonderful, but ill feedback once they have steeped a few days

Brilliant service guys!

Last edited:
Placed an order over the weekend. There was a bit of a hiccup with the courier which really wasn't their fault at all. Andre went way above and far beyond to correct a situation that was completely out of his control. I'm honestly so blown away by the after sales service that I hope all of my orders get delayed!

Big ups to you guys, you've definitely converted me! Also very impressed by your flavour selection! A+

Back