The FP RTA By TVP and Blitz, plus Reviewer Ego

Waine

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
I dont want to write a stereotyped review of the FP by TVP & Blitz, so here are my long-winded sentiments.

How funny it is to watch how vapers ego's get in the way of the basic art of vaping? It seems some have a preconceived idea before they review.

We all know how just how subjective flavour, coils, build quality, performance, juice consistency, tank size and wallet size is. But, listen, this RTA brought out the good the bad and the downright ugly out of some reviewers. Yes, I watch almost every You tube video on any new gear I am interest in.

I like TVP aka "The Vaping Postman". I enjoy his reasonably objective reviews and his general demeneur. He designed the FP 30 mm RTA and I think he knows enough to add value to the creation of an acceptable, decent RTA . He even did a brilliantly produced demo on his near flawless building of first, a single coil, followed by a dual coil build, on his FP.

Then there is this character of a reviewer, Jay Haize. It a funny paradox, I cannot stand his manner of reviewing, but I still watch his videos on stuff I potentially enjoy. He does seem to bring moments of good technical, and a hyper analytical edge to the masive vaping review arena. Other than that he mostly goes a bit overboard.

When he reviewed this RTA, he lambasted everything about it in a spoiled brat, arrogant, egostistical manner. If he is such a good builder, and a good reviewer, he would have analysed the situation first, then meaningfully built the dual coils. But no, he was clearly trying to exasperate the situation and exaggerate the perceived challenge of the ceramic coil clamps. To me, Jay Haze acted like a chop in his review.

A South African reviewer called "The VapinBru", also lost his cool on his cheap camera set up. Swearing because he struggled with the dual coil placement under the ceramic clamps. Again, probably his first attempt.

I tried one TVP FP at a time. On my first, I used only round wire, a 26Ga SS Single 'Dual parallel' coil, 8 wraps. What an amazing vape. Then a 3mm Dual Kanthal Clapton on my second one. No probs.

I tried my old single coil trick for big tanks. 20 Ga, Ka, 3.5 ID, 9 wraps, 0.37 ohms on my third one. A glorious airy vape, but nicely restricted, at the same time. No problems sticking my "Coat hanger" size coils in the 20 holed honey comb build deck.

On my fourth "Fat Pig" I tried a dual 22 Ga Ka 2.75 ID 9 wraps. Ohming out at 0.23. Also a great vape. So in your eye, Jay.... You can easily fit 2 coils under those ceramic clamps. There is nothing wrong with the design of the clamps. I installed all my dual builds with no stress.

Yes you may battle with big exotic coils, like the 2 included in the packaging, but it is easily possible if you persevere, and take the time to first watch the TVP video.

Advantages of the FP

Big, clean, chunky, well machined. It's a 4X4 kind of tank.

You get a total of 3 glasses, 2 straight, 1 bubble tank. No plastic, all real glass. A massive pro. 3 glasses!

The RTA is uncomplicated, it breaks down into a total of 5 pieces, including the drip tip, with minimal spare washers.

A wide range of single or dual coil build options available.

For me it shines with 3.5 to 4mm single coils. Did I mention, I also tried a 4mm SS 26 Ga Parralel single coil?

Excellent airflow design with many options, restricted or unrestricted.

Decent size Phillips (styled) screws.

Big juice capacity.

There were several positive reviews on You Tube.

Disadvantages

Only one spare ceramic clamp and one spare clamp screw. This is a bit stingy. A main reason for buying 4 - - The spares!

One may struggle with the ceramic coil clamps, but for goodness sakes, if you are interested, watch Mark's tutorial, and do it like he explains. I have had zero issues duel coiling this. Perhaps because I never use fat exotic coils.

Final thoughts

I love big, beefy, strongly built RTA's, with wide airflow options that also allow a restricted draw. I also enjoy different build options, and as little finickey, quirky, extra bits and pieces in the packaging as possible. Conversely, I struggle with tiny build decks. This 30mm tank is so nice to work with, easy to rinse under the tap.

I am guessing, but just because of a few negative, over critical, reviews, people are not buying it from my vendor. That suits me, as thanks to the reduced price, it turned me into a gluttonous pig for one more, making it four I now happily own, that's how much I like this tank.

My rating out of 10

Good job, TVP.

PS

I saw your post after I wrote this @RobFisher. I laughed at your Mr Haze comment.
c8cbdf7972b9f19861134bdeee8f741e.jpg
43a68136a636ec70f89c4beb0a7d3a11.jpg
3a7c439afeb9dca3ed8ad3da98f1736c.jpg
d49892f29c947d39ffc672d89f019b53.jpg
6b62f1050d318cd60797f0fda5a1a225.jpg
f802544ae09c616a2fe9af227ca16910.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Great review @Waine. The YouTube reviews also developed into a bit of a USA vs UK affair.

By the way, what does FP stand for? (only kidding. No need to answer).

Good write up @Waine if you bothered to watch my follow up build tutorial you would have seen me building it half tipsy...no issues and I apologized as well ;) because I'm man enough to admit I was wrong unlike other reviewers......

Excellent review! Keep doing more please. I seriously enjoyed reading that.

That was excellent @Waine
I agree with @Humbolt - enjoyable to read!

Hope you don't mind, I moved it to the relevant subforum in the Reviews category

Good write up @Waine if you bothered to watch my follow up build tutorial you would have seen me building it half tipsy...no issues and I apologized as well ;) because I'm man enough to admit I was wrong unlike other reviewers......
Hi @Daniel. Oh, so you are the Vaping Bru? I had no idea. I must admit, I did laugh at how you were losing it while trying to build. Yes indeed, you are man enough to admit it. Respect! I will subscribe to your channel now, but you wont see my real name, as I use a psydonym on You Tube.

Also personally I think Blitz Enterprises royally screwed TVP the clamp system is flawed IMHO the screws are beefy but too shallow and the juice capacity for a 30mm tank is way too small. But BUT I can't fault it on flavour....

Dengit you gonna make me build this thing again....

Also personally I think Blitz Enterprises royally screwed TVP the clamp system is flawed IMHO the screws are beefy but too shallow and the juice capacity for a 30mm tank is way too small. But BUT I can't fault it on flavour....

Dengit you gonna make me build this thing again....
@Daniel

I agree, Blitz did do a shoddy job on the clamps, and the screws could have been better. The juice capacity could have been more as well. But for what I paid for mine, I still feel I got a good deal.

Yes, please try a different build in it, again, and post some pics. Would love to see.

I still chuckle to myself when I think of your video. You were super irritated.

Back