The humble... yet mighty EVOD 1

I just did the same thing. Picked up my evod after a few months, new 1.8ohm coil, topped up with Zodiac Caramel Mocha.....damn. She's gooooood

I just didn't really like the mouthpiece on the EVOD. Didn't like the feel of it.

I see the EVOD 2 has a nicer one.

Sent via a NASA satellite which gathers my thoughts and relays them to the world

For me it is the best mouthpiece so far. Although i'm liking the Delrin/plastic wide one from fasttech. It solved one problem with the Aerotank Mega - the horrible cold steel drip tip. That had me thinking that i hated steel drip tips, then i tried the iClear X.I, also ss, but no problem. Quite different, though, it has a wider part at the mouth end. Both brushed ss but the iClear is a finer finish, which seems to make a big difference.
But whatever, as long as i don't have to use the Twisp flat mouthpiece again...it's in a box somewhere, i saw it the other day; now that i think of it, i feel like taking it and smashing it with a hammer. :D i'll post pics if i do.

I bought some cheap FT coils that put me off the evod and mpt2 for a long time... Constant leaking and gurgling.
So did i. :-S No leaking and gurgling but it tasted toxic,..like burnt rubber mixed with that ash smell-taste. Burned silica - if it is silica they used. damn, i thought i should have washed it first, so i poured boiling water over one, no difference.

Silver, thanks!
The EVOD leaking out the bottom onto the connector, i got used to it. it's not much. Now i use an adapter, it catches it, so it doesn't seep down into the mod. When i refill, i push the bottom of the adapter onto paper towel to check if there's any juice - usually nothing. (Depends which clearo.) If there is, i blow through the adapter and dry it. Just now i found that the iclear X.I is leaking there big-time, all the way through the adapter.

I just didn't really like the mouthpiece on the EVOD. Didn't like the feel of it.

I see the EVOD 2 has a nicer one.

Sent via a NASA satellite which gathers my thoughts and relays them to the world

Indeed the EVOD1 mouthpiece is something you either like or hate.

I like the shape and that its plastic

Same here with the throat hit don't need it, don't do it, the juice is ok with mouth hits - i just tried, the same juice that is good, not harsh, is rough on my throat. Odd, because i smoked strong cigarettes for more than 40 years, and i always sucked it hard. Now the vaping i do like smoking a pipe. Just getting the nicotine does it for me. Although i admit, sometimes, usually first thing in the morning, i roll a domskyf with Boxer :D Not for throat hit, for that other stuff in the tobacco - or maybe it's the chemical additives. :-S
Also weird, i get to office late, vaped almost non-stop since i got out of bed, but then it's sometimes almost 2 hours before i go out for a "smoke break". i keep the the Boxer i got for making NET in my bag, in case of emergency. :D

...and that it's clear. transparent. i like that too. it's always full of condensation.

Well what do you know

The humble yet mighty Evod1 kicked the bucket today

It has been a daily workhorse for my dear wife for the last 3 months

Today, out to lunch, it was knocked off the table and the top drip tip part broke off

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450637248.916863.jpg

Needless to say it survived the fall in other respects. And the mighty "hall of fame" MVP2 didnt even feel the fall from the table onto tiles. I looked to see if there was a mark on the MVP2, but there was nothing at all.

Thankfully I have a few spares of this amazing little workhorse atomiser - so HRH was back in action as soon as we got home. She used my devices for a few toots till we got home.

I got this little Evod1 over 18 months ago. It had a 5 month stint in the vape cupboard but has been in daily morning use at all other times and for the last 3 months in full daily use by HRH. It's definitely the most used device in my collection, other than the Reos.

So long soldier, thanks for all the hard work! Big respect!

The 2 I bought when I started over 2 years ago are still doing service. They really are solid little tanks

Needless to say it survived the fall in other respects. And the mighty "hall of fame" MVP2 didnt even feel the fall from the table onto tiles. I looked to see if there was a mark on the MVP2, but there was nothing at all.

You probably caused more damage to the tiles:D

Back