The importance of backup vaping devices

I don't think my wife will understand if I tell her that I need a backup, to backup my backup for incase my backup went wrong... LMAO
Took me a while... but got my ex to un-ex me by buying her gear and finding the right juice. I SWEAR that made the last difference.

Nothing says I Love You better than mods, coils, atties and premium imported juice.

Now if I can get my DIY up to scratch I think I can close the deal.

My daughter has suddenly started taking an interest in vaping. She is not a smoker. I don't push it but if it takes off, at least I will have someone at home to "share the hobby with". My wife has no time for my vaping journey and will ....herself if she knew how much I have spent and intend to still spend. It's just one of those realities unfortunately.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

My daughter has suddenly started taking an interest in vaping. She is not a smoker. I don't push it but if it takes off, at least I will have someone at home to "share the hobby with". My wife has no time for my vaping journey and will ....herself if she knew how much I have spent and intend to still spend. It's just one of those realities unfortunately.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

My wife thinks I got an incredible deal on the minikin, to her it was too good I would have been stupid to let it go :giggle:. Luckily I have destroyed the till slip already

I just realized that my favorite atties... cant be run by my backup's backup. Yelp. I need AT LEAST two more Cuboids. And a cage mod. And I need to try a mech. If I like that it would of course need a backup too.

This could take a while to sort out.

During the summer, when I don't have coat pockets to stuff vape gear in when I'm out, I often take along a little satchel made of ostrich leather to hold my stuffs. My wife refers to it as my vape scrotum. Funny woman, my wife.

What an interesting and really important thread...

If you are going fishing don't take a Russian 91% on a Sigelei tube mod in your pocket... first time you bend down to retrieve a fish the glass tank will break under the pressure. Fail.

Always take two REO's with in case you break a coil... only happened once and never again. Fail.

Took some regulated devices and sub ohm tanks fishing today... batteries and juice finished in no time. Fail.

All future fishing outings will consist of 2 REO's.

Other outings I take a little silver case with a whole crap load of stuff but can leave extra stuff in the car and a REO goes with me.

What an interesting and really important thread...

If you are going fishing don't take a Russian 91% on a Sigelei tube mod in your pocket... first time you bend down to retrieve a fish the glass tank will break under the pressure. Fail.

Always take two REO's with in case you break a coil... only happened once and never again. Fail.

Took some regulated devices and sub ohm tanks fishing today... batteries and juice finished in no time. Fail.

All future fishing outings will consist of 2 REO's.

Other outings I take a little silver case with a whole crap load of stuff but can leave extra stuff in the car and a REO goes with me.

Either that or don't go fishing. Just sayin'.

I keep a SMPL in my drawer at work, can never go wrong with a mech.
At home i have a Koopor mini, another SMPL and a Reo mini.

Sent from my G3 using my finger

What goes on outings is dictated by the planned length of the outing. For most of my wee hours outings just a Reo in a shirt pocket will see me though with time to spare. On the rare occasions I go over to my sons house, I take 2 or 3 Reos in case I end up staying for a few hours, mostly for flavor rotation. The same if I drive up to the high mountains in summer to escape the heat for a day. But I've learned the hard way that when it is to my gal pals house I take enough to last for at least a couple of days and nights, and that takes a fair sized satchel to haul.

I have 2 devices that I have at home.

If I'm going out the most I take along is extra juice.

If something stops working or I run out of juice or power during the day then tough. I'll get home eventually to sort things out.

I'm not that dependant on my vape gear.

Well said @Necropolis and its great you are not that dependent.

But I think the concept of backups is more applicable to newer vapers to prevent them from going back to stinkies.

I know for me, now i can easily go for about 4 hours without a vape. If I got stuck on a trip and could not vape the whole day till the evening, i am quite sure i would not go buy a stinkie. Not after the last two and a bit years and the involvement here. If I couldnt vape for a few days I think I could probably hold out. A week - i am not so sure.

These days, I go on short errands or to gym just with the Evod. No backup. Felt quite risky the first few times, But I dont vape much while doing an errand (eg in a shop) or while training, so its just the car trip. If the evod were to fail, i would only miss out on a few puffs.

I just got my backup device this week. Still looking for one for my wife. She's very particular in terms om what's she's loking for but it looks like it's goin to be a iStick Pico.
I got the RX200 with a Crius for hom wile I'm taking the Cuboid with FTV4 Mini to work. I just couldn't see myself falling back on the Twisp Aero if something should happen to the Cuboid or FTV4 Mini.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just reviving this thread since it may help some of the newer vapers

Remember to have a backup for when things go wrong
Having a backup is extremely important if you want to quit the stinkies successfully

I suggest using at least two devices or having a spare device loaded and ready - and some spare juice and coils at all times.

image.jpg

Ever since my wife started vaping I made her use two devices
She was initially apprehensive carrying two devices in her bag to work but now is thankful of that practice

Here are some things that have happened that changed her view

• On a few occasions she forgot to charge the one MVP2 - so it went flat at work. Not a problem, she had the other one.
  • On a few occasions she didnt have time to refill one of the tanks - not a problem there was enough left in the other tank to keep her going till she came home
  • Recently, one of the coils gave up on her and started tasting bad. Not a problem, she used the other device.
I have yet to travel to her work to conduct a rescue mission ;-)

Bottom line - Use two devices !

Wise words from Silver and I heartily agree. When I started vaping, I immediately decided that at least two devices was a requirement. It also goes beyond flat batteries, coils and juice. We have heard numerous anecdotes from posters on how they dropped their mod in the bath, or suddenly got a "no atomiser" message, or some other fault that put their device out of action.

Most of us don't have a bricks and mortar vape shop nearby, we get our gear via vape mail. That will take at least a day. Say you go to a party on a Saturday night, put your device down somewhere and when you come back later, it's been stolen. You can go online and order/pay for a new one on Sunday. But then it only goes to the courier on Monday and gets to you on Tuesday. So that's two and a half days that you have to do without vaping. In such a case, I imagine many people would go to the nearest filling station and buy a packet of cigs. That is not good.

It's getting better now with more bricks and mortar vape shops opening. But I still don't want to be stuck at night when the vape shop has closed and I've only got a single and non-functioning device. I've got three mods and tanks now so if one of them wants to kick the bucket and fry its innards, no problemo. I have backup.

Back