The just mechs thread

I've got the vgod elite mech like this one...want to use it with my goon rda but for the love of me I cannot get the power I see people get I went threw ohms law and hit the 1.1 mark...low ramp up and so forth...tried .2 build low ramp up placed in 25r 30q vtc4 just don't get the clouds I see people get...have a few mechs but so much want to get the punch in power I know you can get...i then go to the semi regulated to get that effect ...but if someone can guide me so that I can start enjoying my mechs

I've got the vgod elite mech like this one...want to use it with my goon rda but for the love of me I cannot get the power I see people get I went threw ohms law and hit the 1.1 mark...low ramp up and so forth...tried .2 build low ramp up placed in 25r 30q vtc4 just don't get the clouds I see people get...have a few mechs but so much want to get the punch in power I know you can get...i then go to the semi regulated to get that effect ...but if someone can guide me so that I can start enjoying my mechs
Not a big mech user and not one that really see's ramp up as important for the way i vape myself! It's not just the mech and resistance that governs ramp up but also the actual make up (wire type) and quality of coil/coils, in this regard the real mech heads might be of better help!

Zack, if you are looking for cloud production, you have to have a combination of things coming together just right for that to be achieved.

Your mech must be in 100% order. All parts clean and free of juice or build up of gunk. The contacts on the switch parts must be free from carbon build up or pitting of any kind.

The Coil. Major part of any mech success. As far as 18650's go, your 25R are the got to. 30 q's won't give you the amps you need. VTC 4 also good

Go here: https://vapecalc.com

This will help you with the calculations of resistance and how many amps are required.

I don't have a Goon but I do have a few RDA's that I use solely with mechs and get good results. Your build wire has to be such that it can carry some liquid within it, or have a large surface area in order to vaporise the liquid. The wicking should be such that the wick can supply the demand form the coil.
210994-d9d7adccc3f62c726a6d9ea4e623e3a4.jpg

Here is a build I did on a Blitzen. 24/36 claptons. 10 wraps each, that is a lot of metal on that deck and it still came out at 0.4. Loads of cotton and even with a thick 75/25 vg/pg juice it threw clouds for days.

I am trying to find some pics I posted of a build in my Blotto where I put a monster 3*24/36 single coil in and that also made so much cloud production that i could not use it in my office.

Let us know what wire and coils you are using, we will help where we can.

Hi @Zack Damon if you want to get some nice cloud production and power on that goon I would suggest a build of. 15ohm I personally run. 12 ohms on my single 18650 mechs but prefer vtc5a to be safe Ni80 aliens or even fused clapton use the samsang 25r and like @Stranger suggested make sure all contacts are clean and that the battery wrap is in excellent condition hope this helps and not get me into trouble

Currently running a .18ohm single coil on the Molly with venom on top16194683673541462644547355066514.jpg

10 wraps and you still get hard punches? Wow...I'm trying to understand...I put dual core claps thin wire and still don't get what you mentioning....what am I doing wrong my mechs are brand new...haven't even used them tried one with about 8 different coils it vapes like I'm vaping at 20watts with a 25r new fully charged

Hi @Zack Damon if you want to get some nice cloud production and power on that goon I would suggest a build of. 15ohm I personally run. 12 ohms on my single 18650 mechs but prefer vtc5a to be safe Ni80 aliens or even fused clapton use the samsang 25r and like @Stranger suggested make sure all contacts are clean and that the battery wrap is in excellent condition hope this helps and not get me into trouble
Is there someone in cape town area that I can go to and I ask you many question and we setup one ill pay if that will help getting some show and tell

Is there someone in cape town area that I can go to and I ask you many question and we setup one ill pay if that will help getting some show and tell
@charln may be able to give you the best advice regarding coils!

Thanks...Charln?
He makes the coils for Bearded Viking Customs! He is also a forum member so when he gets mentioned (as in @charln) he will get a notification when he is next on the forum so should read this thread and assist if he can!

10 wraps and you still get hard punches? Wow...I'm trying to understand...I put dual core claps thin wire and still don't get what you mentioning....what am I doing wrong my mechs are brand new...haven't even used them tried one with about 8 different coils it vapes like I'm vaping at 20watts with a 25r new fully charged
Hey bud, basics of vaping.. mechs have constant battery voltage. This means that the very first hit is at 4.2V (disregarding voltage loss through the mod) but every hit after that is lower voltage thats why you can throw big builds into a regulated device because it will just up the voltage to get the needed current flowing.

Second thing to remember is that the thicker the wire or the more mass the coil has the more power is needed to get it going(ramp up is slow on thick/chunky builds) this is why I use ribbon wire almost exclusively when using my mechs. Relatively thin thus less mass as mentioned so the ramp up is instant but its wider than round wire so the surface area for the same amount of wraps is more thus you can evaporate more juice for essentially the same coil.

I use 0.8mm x 0.3mm Ni80 ribbon and it instant clouds from the second you push the fire button.

Also mech maintenance is not just necessary its a religion once you get into mechs.

Back