The Profile RDA - Wotofo

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Profile RDA by Wotofo. The Profile RDA was sent for the purpose of this review by Antonio from Wotofo.

https://www.wotofo.com/wotofo-profile-rda.html

Introduction

Wotofo have been releasing some top notch products of late and their latest RDA may raise a few eyebrows as it's a Mesh RDA which haven't exactly set the vaping world on fire as yet. The Profile RDA is a collaboration between Wotofo and Mr Justright1 and they believe they have come up with the solution to turn the fortunes of a mesh RDA around, so lets have a look.

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Wotofo x Mr.JustRight1 Profile 24mm RDA
1 x 6mm Agleted Cotton Wick
1 x Extra 810 Drip Tip
1 x Mesh Bending Tool
1 x Spare Parts Bag (4 o-rings, 2 post screws, 1 solid centre pin and 2 spare ceramic support block springs)
1 x screwdriver + Allen key
1 x 0.33 ohms 3 mm Framed Staple Clapton Coil
2 x Mesh Coil Sheets 0.18 ohms rated 40-60 Watts
1 x User Manual

Aesthetics

The Profile RDA comes in typical Wotofo Green packaging with viewing window, and as well as the RDA the box is packed with goodies. I received the Blue version, it's also available in Stainless Steel, Black, Gunmetal, Gold and Rainbow, mine came with a resin 810 drip tip installed, you also get a second 810 drip tip and it's a standard fitting so you can use your own if you wish. The RDA is 24mm in diameter and rather short, the sleeve has a Profile logo printed on the front in White and both sides have 3 rows of small airflow holes which also add to the aesthetics. The base has plenty of branding, safety stamps and the installed BF Gold plated 510 pin protrudes nicely (the kit also includes a standard pin). The sleeve is very thick and all the machining is excellent, it's very good quality.

Profile RDA Specs and Features:

24mm diameter
Wide clamp style dual post build deck
7mm by 2mm mesh/coil terminals
Side mounted flathead/Phillips screws
PEEK insulated positive post
4mm deep juice well
Spring-loaded central ceramic cotton support block
Adjustable beehive airflow with 19 x 1mm-holes on each side
24K gold plated bottom feed 510 contact with BF pin
9mm bore 810 drip tip
Kanthal A1 mesh coil sheets/ Regular coil option
Colour: SS, Black, Blue, Gunmetal, Gold, Rainbow

Main Features:

1. Flavor can be broken down layer upon layer
2. Break-through mesh style heating element
3. Easy to switch between mesh and wire coils
4. Spring-loaded ceramic support ensuring contact between mesh and cotton
5. 24mm sleeve with accurate air inflow
6. Experience from cool vape to warm vape
7. Up to 30 puffs at 75W before needing to re-saturate the wick when using pancake wicking method

The Airflow

The Profile RDA has side airflow which enters the chamber each side by 3 rows of small airflow holes on the outer sleeve, we have 6 holes in the top and bottom rows and 7 in the middle, that's a total of 19 each side. The inner sleeve is stepped so you can have either 2 rows open or 3 rows open, there is no option to have just one row open but because the airflow is a series of holes rather than slots this does restrict the amount of air so you would want at least 2 rows open anyway. The sleeve locks onto the base so the airflow is perfectly lined up with your mesh or coil (if you decided to do a single coil build).

Using Mesh in an RDA Issue

Mesh is becoming the way to go with stock coils upping the flavour and giving coils more longevity but mesh RDA's have not been met with the same enthusiasm being inconsistent with flavour and renowned for dry hits. Mesh gives great flavour, yes that's just my opinion but it is an opinion shared with countless others but the mesh needs total contact with the wicking material and a combination of the flexible mesh and cotton which expands, then shrinks as it dry's and also can sag and change shape as it's constantly expanding shrinking and sagging means with all the best will in the world trying to keep cotton touching the entire surface area of the mesh is a big problem. It has worked perfectly with stock coils as the cotton is packed between the mesh and the outer shell of the coil head so the cotton always covers the mesh surface area, if only there could be a solution so mesh can be enjoyed in an RDA, Read on!!!

Spring Loaded Ceramic Seating.

Mr JustRight1 has come up with the perfect solution, between the posts on the Profile RDA we have a Spring loaded Ceramic seat directly underneath where the Mesh domes over from post to post. The Ceramic seat pushes the cotton against the mesh and has the cotton expands, then shrinks etc the ceramic constantly pushes the cotton against the mesh with the spring allowing it to lower or raise to achieve this.

The Deck and Build

The Deck is very simple with a vertical sitting clamp each side for the end of your mesh to slide into. The grub screws are on the sides, so simply loosen the screws, slide your mesh ends evenly in place and tighten the screws it's that easy. The grub screws are combo flathead/phillips which is a plus and to make it even easier you are supplied with a simple tool to bend the mesh around before fitting, it bends the mesh to the perfect shape (the simple ideas are always the best). Before wicking pulse your coils at about 15w (20w max) to get rid of any hot spots and burn off any residue from manufacture. Wicking is done very generously and you get supplied with 2 mesh strips cut to size and 1 shoelace cotton which is 6mm in diameter purpose made for wicking the mesh, both the mesh strips and cotton for the Profile RDA are available in packs of 10. The deck also allows for a standard single coil build (a coil is included), you need both your legs facing the same way and again you just slot your legs into place then fasten the clamps, it means your coil is raised up but that brings it in line with the airflow, when i tried the single coil i wicked it quite generously and it worked very well.

https://www.wotofo.com/mesh-style-coil-10pcs.html

https://www.wotofo.com/wotofo-agleted-or...ton-6.html

My Experience Using The Profile RDA

The flavour from this RDA is matching the Warrior which i was equally impressed with. I used it with the BF pin and fair enough i didn't chain vape but there was no hint of a dry hit and the excellent flavour was consistent, Mr Justright1 seems to of come up with a game changer idea with the ceramic spring loaded seat which works perfectly. The flavour though is not just down to the fact we are using mesh as the single coil build i did also gave impressive flavour. The thickness of the sleeve wall is 2mm which means the deck is only 20mm so when you peer down inside the top-cap at the build it all looks very cramped for space but what this is actually doing is reducing the chamber. Also i always find multi-hole airflow rather than slots gives good flavour as well as making the airflow very smooth and again the Profile isn't just matching the Warrior for smoothness but possibly just beating it which i wouldn't of thought possible. The Profile works really well with the BF pin on a squonker and i suffered no leaking. The sleeve fits with double o-rings and locks sitting on a bottom shelve, the airflow holes are both tiny and quite high so not getting any leaking was no surprise. If i was going to be very petty just to find a con it's that the airflow holes are so small and outer and inner sleeve are the same colour so it's not easy to see how it's set, but if you set it to 2 rows or 3 rows (i just had all 3 rows open) before putting the sleeve on it's not an issue.

Closing thought

Wotofo and Mr Justright1 got this one justright!

Pros

High build quality (excellent machining)
Aesthetically pleasing
Flavour for days
So smooth airflow
Spring loaded ceramic seat
Mesh or single coil build
Build very easy (both mesh and coil)
Included Mesh and coil
Included purpose made cotton for mesh build
Loads of extras
Tool to shape mesh
Locking sleeve
Stepped inner sleeve
Worked really well with BF pin
Suffered no leaking

Cons

Not easy to see how airflow is set (very petty)

I would once again like to thank Antonio from Wotofo for supplying the Profile RDA for the purpose of this review.

https://www.wotofo.com/wotofo-profile-rda.html

Thanks @Rob Fisher - I need to get another Squonking mod first (preferably something that fires above 130w so I can enjoy my dual coil builds fully)
If you don't mind an heavy device as long as it's ergonomic the Rage by Desire Design is a good shout, a great dual battery squonker.

If you don't mind an heavy device as long as it's ergonomic the Rage by Desire Design is a good shout, a great dual battery squonker.
Yip, that's what I'm saving up for. The only thing I don't like is the insane price for extra bottles...

Yip, that's what I'm saving up for. The only thing I don't like is the insane price for extra bottles...
Yep unfortunately a lot of things to do with vaping are pricey and i quite often look at a product and i just don't know where the money is, as in no justification for the price tag it includes even items like drip-tips and e-juice.

I have the wotofo Recurve and absolutely love it. Was very impressed with their product. I will most certainly be looking into getting the profile for the mesh option. :--)

Been trying different types of mesh.
First up:
OFRF Kanthal Mesh
I personally found this mesh to have a denser vape with more "thicker" flavor over the Wotofo Mesh that comes with the kit.
Almost like a double thick milkshake versus a single milkshake type density if I can coin it that way.
The mesh is finer with more holes (almost double).
Mesh also doesn't need to be trimmed as it is sized exactly the same as the Wotofo one
For Kanthal this one gets a big thumbs up.
Vaping at 36 watts

DigiFlavor SS316L 150mesh

What can I say this is in a different league to the Kanthal mesh.
Ramp up is immediate, flavor is exceptional
Downside you have to trim the mesh as it is wider than needed but a quick cut with a scissors does the trick.
Also just watch when dry burning. Mesh melts if high watts used. I pulse at 12 watts and its perfect.
Vaping at 34 watts

VandyVape SS316L 200mesh
I find the Digiflavor 150mesh a better vape over this one. The holes on this mesh are so fine that the mesh almost looks like a solid mat.
This heats super fast and heats RDA quickly as well.
I prefer a cooler vape and found this just gets to hot to quickly.
Also had to do a lot more squonking as it flies through juice given the surface area.
And trust me you don't want a dry hit on this one. I had one and swore to never do that again so squonk after every second puff. Lesson learnt
Here you also have to trim the mesh as it is wider than needed but a quick cut with a scissors does the trick.
Also just watch when dry burning. Mesh melts if high watts used. I pulse at 10 watts and its perfect.
Vaping at 32 watts

In summary
If you want a full thick cooler vape then the Kanthal OFRF mesh is the way to go.
If you want a more sharper, warmer and crisper vape then the SS316L Digiflavor SS316L 150mesh is a good start for an all rounder.

Airflow is set with top row of holes closed

You also get the DigiFlavor NI80 mesh. This I have not tried out extensively yet due to my Nickel sensitivity. Had a quick puff or two on it and it was equally impressive.

With regards to replacement cotton. I have found the cotton candy to be the best as it is as loose and fluffy as the Wotofo cotton that came in the kit

Happy vaping guys
4077b4b88193e1506aca811293818cce.jpg
2e3255e5f876d080ed73fab7a842ae65.jpg
1f5c0b5fb6f68587f21cadb45f3b4122.jpg
d8d2d67b3685d4e3756038b4888801b2.jpg
c9d5c6100e490eb76a0daa5e521fa4e7.jpg

Last edited:
Won't go wrong with it

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
The mesh that came with it wasn’t bad but in its defense I was using it on a mech squonker where you say you were vaping at 34w. I reckon that’ll make a massive difference.

I’m on the hunt for a reg squonker so this came at the right time :)

The mesh that came with it wasn’t bad but in its defense I was using it on a mech squonker where you say you were vaping at 34w. I reckon that’ll make a massive difference.

I’m on the hunt for a reg squonker so this came at the right time :)
I don't like hellish hot vapes so 34 watts is perfect for me
Just another trick
I find the flavor just to intense using the full coil so I trim about 3/4 of a millimeter off the side so coil is narrower. Works great for me as coil surface area a little smaller

Also close top row of air holes

I have also done a dual mesh in there but it wasn't as good as the single mesh coil

740c80c000667541de357aad6aa423ce.jpg

Last edited:
I don't like hellish hot vapes so 34 watts is perfect for me
Just another trick
I find the flavor just to intense using the full coil so I trim about 3/4 of a millimeter off the side so coil is narrower. Works great for me as coil surface area a little smaller

Also close top row of air holes

I have also done a dual mesh in there but it wasn't as good as the single mesh coil

It was dragon fire on the mech.

I’m sold, low watts it is.

It was dragon fire on the mech.

I’m sold, low watts it is.
Can imagine
Spoken to some guys that even vape at 30 watts
The SS316 150mesh Vapes really well in TC mode @ 38 watts 230 C

I have the ORFR mesh coils, but haven't tried vaping at such low watts. I vape at around 55 Watts. I want to try dropping it down to the mid 30s and see how that goes.
I'm very interested in trying the SS mesh now....

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I have the ORFR mesh coils, but haven't tried vaping at such low watts. I vape at around 55 Watts. I want to try dropping it down to the mid 30s and see how that goes.
I'm very interested in trying the SS mesh now....

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Drop it down and close top row of airholes

Won't go wrong with it

When i reviewed the Gear RTA they sent me some NexMESH and i find it the best for me. I understand exactly what you are saying about the dense flavour although i must give the Digiflavour SS316L a try.

My post was not a formal review just a little feedback on my experimenting to date.

Hopefully other guys can comment here with their findings to.

Eagerly awaiting for someone to give some feedback on the Ni80 mesh. From the few puffs I took it performed really well and the flavor was also really good

Back