The Pros and Cons of Squonking

Puff the Magic Dragon

Grumpy Old Vaper
LV

Awards
I have found that I am now squonking about 90% of the time. I have never really worked out why I prefer this form of vaping....but I do.

I thought that it may be worthwhile to list the pros and cons of squonking. I realize that squonking itself can be divided into mech, semi regulated mech, regulated, single and dual etc., but for the purpose of this exercise, I thought it best to clump them together as squonking in general.

PROS

• Eliminates the need to constantly drip with RDAs.
  • RDAs generally produce more vapour due to larger airflow
  • Usually have a larger build deck with bigger screws and holes
  • Can install larger more complex coils
  • Bottles hold far more liquid than RTAs and RDAs hold very little juice
  • RDAs are usually smaller (lower profile) than RTAs
  • No need to carry a bottle of juice to drip from or to top up tank
  • Usually have less leaking problems
  • Can drive and squonk. Can't drive and drip.
  • RDAs are less complex than RTAs
  • No chance of breaking glass
  • generally produce better flavour than RTAs
  • easier to change wick when using new juice

CONS

• Squonk mods are larger due to bottle's placement in mod
  • have to build or buy premade coils and install them (no screw in coil heads)
  • less battery space. Even a dual squonk mod is bulky
  • the danger of dry hits from under-squonking
  • possible leaking from over-squonking

I'm sure there are many more pros and cons. Please add or "remove" from the list.

9665587-13.jpg 9663892-6.jpg

One con for me is that refilling a squonk can be a pain. Even with a 510 refill bottle it's still more complicated than a tank/RTA.

PRO:
You can proudly, publicly proclaim "I squonk"

CON:
You a publicly proclaiming "I squonk"
+1 for refilling can be a pain
Filling an 8ml bottle only to suddenly realise you absolutely loath the flavour.

+ Ability to rebuild / recoil / rewick with a full squonk bottle in place without the need to disassemble anything, i.e. just pull off the top cap, rebuild and squonk and you're good to hit the road.

• have to build or buy premade coils and install them (no screw in coil heads)
I don't follow ?

My only pro is that it removes the need for me to take a bottle of juice when I go out. I just hate the wicking on tanks, where you have to get it absolutely right on many or else you get leak/dry hit nastiness. Wicking on drippers is dead simple. So a squonker is my go-to when going out for the evening.

But the cons are:
* as with a tank, I have to finish the full reservoir of juice before changing. Not ideal for someone like me who changes flavours every fifteen minutes.
* flavour residue in the bottle. Wayne had to throw out a squonk bottle because he made the mistake of putting TFA Papaya in it. Ain't never getting that lingering funkiness out of a soft silicon bottle.

I love my Pico Squeeze, it pops into my pocket and is my take-out vape. One battery and bottle of juice lasts an entire evening with ease and, seeing as I only vape Chrisdvr1's Sugar Cookies and Cream in it, flavour staining isn't an issue. But I'd never use it at home. I have three or four setups on my desk, all with drippers, and I chop and change flavours between them constantly. I suppose it's more of a pain to keep dripping than to fill up a squonk bottle or tank. But it's one that I'll accept for the convenience of on-the-fly flavour changes.

My only pro is that it removes the need for me to take a bottle of juice when I go out. I just hate the wicking on tanks, where you have to get it absolutely right on many or else you get leak/dry hit nastiness. Wicking on drippers is dead simple. So a squonker is my go-to when going out for the evening.

But the cons are:
* as with a tank, I have to finish the full reservoir of juice before changing. Not ideal for someone like me who changes flavours every fifteen minutes.
* flavour residue in the bottle. Wayne had to throw out a squonk bottle because he made the mistake of putting TFA Papaya in it. Ain't never getting that lingering funkiness out of a soft silicon bottle.

I love my Pico Squeeze, it pops into my pocket and is my take-out vape. One battery and bottle of juice lasts an entire evening with ease and, seeing as I only vape Chrisdvr1's Sugar Cookies and Cream in it, flavour staining isn't an issue. But I'd never use it at home. I have three or four setups on my desk, all with drippers, and I chop and change flavours between them constantly. I suppose it's more of a pain to keep dripping than to fill up a squonk bottle or tank. But it's one that I'll accept for the convenience of on-the-fly flavour changes.
Like I said...the best way to vape.
When you want a different flavour...dripp it and you have either a mix or a new flavour when it vapes through.
As for the bottles...lemon juice or vinegar then warm water...we all learn new things everyday and I hope this helps a fellow squonker

When you want a different flavour...dripp it and you have either a mix or a new flavour when it vapes through.
As for the bottles...lemon juice or vinegar then warm water...we all learn new things everyday and I hope this helps a fellow squonker

Just learned something new today. Time to soak the refill bottles in lemon juice and warm water.

So soak them in lemon juice or vinegar overnight, then warm water the following night? Or a mixture of lemon juice / vinegar and warm water?

For Tought stains use OMO micro.

Sies!....
Soak in lemon juice and water.(solution)
Or vinegar and water.(solution)
The tougher the stain the the higher the concentration of your solution. And soak till you are happy its clean.but dont leave it in there for days. A few hours should work then rinse.

Last edited:
For Tought stains use OMO micro.

Sies!....
Soak in lelo juice and water.
Or vinegar and water.
The tougher the stain the the higher the concentration of your solution. And soak till you are happy its clean.but dont leave it in there for days. A few hours should work then rinse
Thanks @Resistance - Need to get that Bubblegum smell out of my one bottle. Great juice, the smell just sticks:D

to much pros to name
as i am now going over to sqounk
3 mods now and getting the rda that i need

will a ultrasonic cleaner not work with same bleach or dish washing soap to clean them out

Last edited:
The juice flow back into the bottle is my biggest con...otherwise it's great I've recently re discovered squonking with the DNA Replay it's much more consistent.

Oh another con for me is I'm a bit heavy handed so I tend to over squonk a lot where as dripping I count 2000 en een 2000 en twee and I'm good....

Back